O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 04:08:58 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 04:02:01 PM
Quote from: tayto on March 28, 2007, 03:54:12 PM
Yea, my club could do with a free stadium as well, sher we won't bother building one off our own bat, the government is bound to build every club a free 6000 seater now arent they?
and still the 'free' stadium line is being peddeled despite TD admitting in court Rovers have put a great deal of money into the facility.
just because you keep saying it doenst make it true.
i refer to the fearr rua thread where a reasonable discussion is happening compared to this sort of deliberate bullshit.
the desperation of people to keep a lie going must be heartening to the Rovers fans. if gaa folk believed they had a real case here they would be unlikely to blatantly troll false information.
As a matter of interest, did the Sham rovs get gov grants for their old/potential stadium - the same way Shels/Bohs etc did in times past?

How much of an investment towards the total cost of the operation have Sham Rovs actually staked?

Miilltown was knocked long before the lotto/capital grants became available, so no.

The figure mentioned of SRFC's financial contribution to date is €2m

tayto

The bile directed at TH becasue he dares state the GAA position. Hardly deserving of the utter bile directed at him.

My mistake about the Ultras, still Soccer is going well in Italy isnt it, playing behind closed doors arent they? Why is that again? you cant for a minute pretend there isnt english style chanting at eircom league matches, the same songs with different words and the holigan element is there to. Ah the beautiful game.

dublinfella

Quote from: tayto on March 28, 2007, 04:20:30 PM
The bile directed at TH becasue he dares state the GAA position. Hardly deserving of the utter bile directed at him.

My mistake about the Ultras, still Soccer is going well in Italy isnt it, playing behind closed doors arent they? Why is that again? you cant for a minute pretend there isnt english style chanting at eircom league matches, the same songs with different words and the holigan element is there to. Ah the beautiful game.

the culchies say that about the hill....

TH's article was full of innacuracies. Rovers fans percieve he was part of a conceted campaign from GAA jouro's putting forward a very one sided slant. I presume thats why he is getting the treatment. Because lets face it, soccer jouro's are never attacked here (dolan this week springs to mind)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 04:17:46 PM
As a matter of interest, did the Sham rovs get gov grants for their old/potential stadium - the same way Shels/Bohs etc did in times past?

How much of an investment towards the total cost of the operation have Sham Rovs actually staked?

[/quote]

Miilltown was knocked long before the lotto/capital grants became available, so no.

[/quote]
how much will the overall project cost as it currently stands
including the cost of the land..

dubnut

Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 04:15:09 PM
Very selective reading. I dont defend rovers.

This anti soccer smear campaign is getting ridicilious.

Firstly, yes you do defend Rovers at every opportunity, dont be silly.

Secondly this isnt an anti soccer thing, you will find most people here who argue about this particular topic also discussing soccer on the non gaa site.

Thirdly, I will ask again, where are all your posts re match analysis, predictions etc.
If you are comfortable enough to keep saying "WE" surely you can contribute?
Surely you would want to contribute?

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 04:31:31 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 04:17:46 PM

[/quote]
how much will the overall project cost as it currently stands
including the cost of the land..
[/quote]

before TD's intervention the overall figure was €6m.

Lone Shark

On a point of order, this €6m euro you speak of?.......

The reason maintained by Rovers fans and yourself (I will indulge you in making the distinction) that they should qualify for this support is that they are a not for profit community based organistion that is owned by the members. That this entity bears no connection to the ground-selling and tax defaulting entity that existed pre 2005 which we all, GAA and Soccer supporters alike, have a strong dislike for.

So of this €6m euro that was provided, how much of it was cash, how much of it was generated by Rovers as opposed to Geovernment supported, and most importantly, how much of it was contributed since 2005 and the club became this "Not for profit community based organisation?". And, if it was all contributed by this new club which claims to be worthy of support, how did such an organisation generate €6m in the last two years and still have time to "turn a small profit" in the words of their own shareholder?

You can't on the one hand claim that Shamrock Rovers have contributed to this stadium if they did so pre 2005 and on the other hand claim that their appalling record of cheating their players, the state and Irish soccer in general pre 2005 is not applicable because that was a different club under different owners.

dublinfella

Quote from: Lone Shark on March 28, 2007, 04:45:25 PM
On a point of order, this €6m euro you speak of?.......

The reason maintained by Rovers fans and yourself (I will indulge you in making the distinction) that they should qualify for this support is that they are a not for profit community based organistion that is owned by the members. That this entity bears no connection to the ground-selling and tax defaulting entity that existed pre 2005 which we all, GAA and Soccer supporters alike, have a strong dislike for.

So of this €6m euro that was provided, how much of it was cash, how much of it was generated by Rovers as opposed to Geovernment supported, and most importantly, how much of it was contributed since 2005 and the club became this "Not for profit community based organisation?". And, if it was all contributed by this new club which claims to be worthy of support, how did such an organisation generate €6m in the last two years and still have time to "turn a small profit" in the words of their own shareholder?

You can't on the one hand claim that Shamrock Rovers have contributed to this stadium if they did so pre 2005 and on the other hand claim that their appalling record of cheating their players, the state and Irish soccer in general pre 2005 is not applicable because that was a different club under different owners.

again, im not defending rovers, im just asking where this 'free stadium' line came from.

its my understanding that when TD delayed proceedings that the 'new' rovers offered to pay for the whole thing but the SDCC were insistant on continuing with the municipal soccer stadium. so nothing since 2005 by decision of SDCC.

isnt it interesting that TD originally had no problem with the shambles that was rovers coming to tallaght but in 2005 when a members club was formed and started scholarships and various other worthy initiatives that TD decided to hit the courts..... strange coincidence that!!

magpie seanie

Quoteisnt it interesting that TD originally had no problem with the shambles that was rovers coming to tallaght but in 2005 when a members club was formed and started scholarships and various other worthy initiatives that TD decided to hit the courts..... strange coincidence that

Fair play to you for not defending Shamrock Rovers here again.

Hardy

So the answer to Lone Shark's point?

dublinfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 28, 2007, 05:02:11 PM
Quoteisnt it interesting that TD originally had no problem with the shambles that was rovers coming to tallaght but in 2005 when a members club was formed and started scholarships and various other worthy initiatives that TD decided to hit the courts..... strange coincidence that

Fair play to you for not defending Shamrock Rovers here again.

my point as you well know is the cop out of a club not even trying to up its game to head off a threat for hearts and minds. rather going legal like spoilt brats, without the backing of senior officials in the club.

there is no conicidence that TD's action was announced after a 'new' rovers emergerd that appear to be a model of how to do run a club.

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

Rovers changed ownership after a legal examinership period. This dealt with outstanding debt and the fans undertook to never allow their club trade like that again. A company that changes hands is still the company. So I assume their contribution still stands.

and i answered the 2005 question.

Lone Shark

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

To be fair to the lad, he did actually answer this.

Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 04:58:59 PM
so nothing since 2005 by decision of SDCC.

I've taken all I need to know from this debate. It's a new club when it suits, but the old club counts (only on their terms) when that suits too. Shamrock Rovers, in their current guise, have contributed nothing. Apparently the new club get to claim credit for all the money that was contributed, but get to ignore all the unpaid player wages, unpaid creditors and unpaid tax liability. It's a sweet deal, that's for sure.

tayto

dublinfella

Quote from: Lone Shark on March 28, 2007, 05:13:31 PM

I've taken all I need to know from this debate. It's a new club when it suits, but the old club counts (only on their terms) when that suits too. Shamrock Rovers, in their current guise, have contributed nothing. Apparently the new club get to claim credit for all the money that was contributed, but get to ignore all the unpaid player wages, unpaid creditors and unpaid tax liability. It's a sweet deal, that's for sure.

thats not totally true though. they went through an examinership period whereby they paid all their debts to some creditors and a percentage to others. there are no outstanding debts.

morally a dubious approach, but perfectly legal and above board.