O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

here is the thread on this from an fearr rua.

http://www.anfearrua.com/db/default.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=322212

notice the difference in the level of maturity and people actually arguing the point rather than pathetic insults and anti soccer hate.

Hardy

What anti-soccer hate?

(BTW, for the nth time - how do Shamrock Rovers, of all the clubs in the LOI and of all the other sports clubs of all codes in the country, qualify to have the taxpayer build them a stadium and how do I apply for this type of free infrastructure development for my club? ).

magpie seanie

Quotepeople actually arguing the point

This from the serial question avoider!

The GAA and Thomas Davis are right to contest this show of astounding arrogance by the Minister. If Shamrock Rovers are put out they know who to blame and its not the GAA or TD.

tayto

Yea, my club could do with a free stadium as well, sher we won't bother building one off our own bat, the government is bound to build every club a free 6000 seater now arent they?

tayto

Come to think of it, dublinfella=football lover? surely here cant be two soccer heads that stupid posting on two different GAA forums?

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on March 28, 2007, 03:46:55 PM
What anti-soccer hate?

(BTW, for the nth time - how do Shamrock Rovers, of all the clubs in the LOI and of all the other sports clubs of all codes in the country, qualify to have the taxpayer build them a stadium and how do I apply for this type of free infrastructure development for my club? ).

dont know dont care. its not the GAA's business to get involved. and the minister has made it clear that the same level of funding is available for rathcoole.

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 28, 2007, 03:49:35 PM
Quotepeople actually arguing the point

This from the serial question avoider!

The GAA and Thomas Davis are right to contest this show of astounding arrogance by the Minister. If Shamrock Rovers are put out they know who to blame and its not the GAA or TD.

do me a f**king favour. TD are bringing a nuiscance case to demand to share a stadium while refusing to share theirs. the change of mind from the SDCC to make the stadium multi sport was always contingent on the funding remaining in place. the dept see no point in building a 2,000 seat ground. all he is doing is sticking to a legally binding deal. how is that arrogant? the hostlilty to a very GAA friendly minister is simply because he said no once  to the gaa and there is a sinking realisation that we dont have the political clout of old. TD are the arrogant ones here, interfering in another sports funding simply to delay a project because they dont have faith in their own ability to win the battle for the youth of tallaght.

tayto

so let me get this right, do you think if you keep repeating the same inaccuracies that they become true?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 03:58:17 PM
to demand to share a stadium while refusing to share theirs.

Which stadium do 'they ' not want to share - the new proposed one in rathcoole?
If not
what 'other Gov funded and built stadium' would this be ?

dublinfella

Quote from: tayto on March 28, 2007, 03:54:12 PM
Yea, my club could do with a free stadium as well, sher we won't bother building one off our own bat, the government is bound to build every club a free 6000 seater now arent they?

and still the 'free' stadium line is being peddeled despite TD admitting in court Rovers have put a great deal of money into the facility.

just because you keep saying it doenst make it true.

i refer to the fearr rua thread where a reasonable discussion is happening compared to this sort of deliberate bullshit.

the desperation of people to keep a lie going must be heartening to the Rovers fans. if gaa folk believed they had a real case here they would be unlikely to blatantly troll false information.

dublinfella

Quote from: tayto on March 28, 2007, 04:00:39 PM
so let me get this right, do you think if you keep repeating the same inaccuracies that they become true?

like a 'free' stadium  ::)

what 'innacuracies' have i posted on the case?

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 03:58:17 PM
do me a f**king favour.

what was that word you used again? Oh yeah, 'maturity'.

dubnut

" the hostlilty to a very GAA friendly minister is simply because he said no once  to the gaa and there is a sinking realisation that we dont have the political clout of old"

WE???
Could you please stop suggesting you are a GAA fan / member, its misleading.
You have almost 300 posts and I think every one defending Shamrock rovers V the GAA.

Wheres your detailed predictions for the weekends game, or tonights hurling?

tayto

The snippets from the Rovers site would suggest it's a very mature place alright. Ultras, oh please, modelling yourself on right wing English idiots is a clever thing to do. Grow up and stop aping the english.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on March 28, 2007, 04:02:01 PM
Quote from: tayto on March 28, 2007, 03:54:12 PM
and still the 'free' stadium line is being peddeled despite TD admitting in court Rovers have put a great deal of money into the facility.
just because you keep saying it doenst make it true.
i refer to the fearr rua thread where a reasonable discussion is happening compared to this sort of deliberate bullshit.
the desperation of people to keep a lie going must be heartening to the Rovers fans. if gaa folk believed they had a real case here they would be unlikely to blatantly troll false information.
As a matter of interest, did the Sham rovs get gov grants for their old/potential stadium - the same way Shels/Bohs etc did in times past?

How much of an investment towards the total cost of the operation have Sham Rovs actually staked?

dublinfella

Quote from: dubnut on March 28, 2007, 04:05:11 PM
" the hostlilty to a very GAA friendly minister is simply because he said no once  to the gaa and there is a sinking realisation that we dont have the political clout of old"

WE???
Could you please stop suggesting you are a GAA fan / member, its misleading.
You have almost 300 posts and I think every one defending Shamrock rovers V the GAA.

Wheres your detailed predictions for the weekends game, or tonights hurling?

Very selective reading. I dont defend rovers. I am critical of the DCB fudging the stadium and the bigger picture of the GAA opening the can of worms of 'groundsharing'. I question who is paying for this especially as the case is practically unwinnable. That money could have been used for good within the GAA, not lining the pockets of barristers. Also im dissapointed with the anti soccer tripe that has appeared here. Its bigotry plain and simple and something we should have left behind years ago. We have no 'right' to play in soccer grounds and the minister is right to tell TD/DCB to piss off and do their own thing.

Quote from: tayto on March 28, 2007, 04:07:55 PM
The snippets from the Rovers site would suggest it's a very mature place alright. Ultras, oh please, modelling yourself on right wing English idiots is a clever thing to do. Grow up and stop aping the english.

The ultra scene started in Italy, to my knowledge there are no ultra groups in England. More ill informed nonsense, this time trying to connect Shamrock Rovers with the extreme right and England.

This anti soccer smear campaign is getting ridicilious. There is plenty to say about the LOI clubs without resorting to the absurd.