The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Surely United are the most likely to pick up the option on Tevez, though I think its for 25 odd million. with Masch and he sharing an agent/ owner it may be easy for Liverpool to pick up if United don't proceed but the ball seems to be in their court
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

corn02

Quote from: heganboy on May 27, 2009, 02:39:13 PM
Surely United are the most likely to pick up the option on Tevez, though I think its for 25 odd million. with Masch and he sharing an agent/ owner it may be easy for Liverpool to pick up if United don't proceed but the ball seems to be in their court

Which is why I was amazed at Old Trafford being third choice in the betting for where Tevez would be next year.
I dont see him moving.

corn02

Quote from: Minus15 on May 26, 2009, 06:39:02 PM
I see the official website are doing a series of rafas top 100 league games. I voted this morning. Was wondering if anyone else did or what they would consider their top 5. Here's mine:

1: Man u 1-4 Lpool
2: Lpool 2-0 Chelsea Jan 2007
3: Lpool 2-1 Man U
4: Lpool 4-1 Arsenal
5: Lpool 2-1 Arsenal November 2004

Haven;t seen the list so off the top of my head, I can;t remember much before this season.

Top five best:

4-1 v United
5-1 v Newcastle - the first half was possibly the best football we have ever played under Benitez, admittedly against shitness.
1-0 Chelsea away
2-0 v Chelsea - Kuyt and Pennant - first win for him against big four? Chelsea were well patched up, but was still important.
2-1 v Villa last season - away win first day of season, first time in seven years or something.

Five favourite:

4-1 v United
3-2 v Pompey - superb ending
1-0 v Arsenal Mellor goal
2-1 v United this year - battered them but looked like we wouldn;t get the winner until Babel's sublim, ahem, strike
3-2 v Boro last year - was at it plus Torres hat trick was great in a entertaining game

Minus15

Yeah the kuyt and Pennant 2-0 was in mine too. was at the game. essien and Ferreira in central defence for Chelsea. The Mellor goal is in mine aswell but it was 2-1 not 1-0. remember alonsos opening goal in that game. Unbelievable.

corn02

Quote from: Minus15 on May 27, 2009, 03:12:10 PM
Yeah the kuyt and Pennant 2-0 was in mine too. was at the game. essien and Ferreira in central defence for Chelsea. The Mellor goal is in mine aswell but it was 2-1 not 1-0. remember alonsos opening goal in that game. Unbelievable.

Ah yes, the one he almost passed into the top corner? If I remember correctly the Arsenal goal was a cracker too.

You planning on going to many this season? We could get a board/Abbey alumni trip going.

longball

Read in the paper for the last 2 days Chelsea have been linked to Pennant!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: longball on May 27, 2009, 03:29:27 PM
Read in the paper for the last 2 days Chelsea have been linked to Pennant!

dont get it with penant , been linked to real madrid aswell, really he is a wigan or a Bolton player not a top European team
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Minus15

Quote from: corn02 on May 27, 2009, 03:18:23 PM

Ah yes, the one he almost passed into the top corner? If I remember correctly the Arsenal goal was a cracker too.

You planning on going to many this season? We could get a board/Abbey alumni trip going.

That's the one. Yeah the Arsenal one was a couple of intricate one-twos between Viera and Pires in and around the box with Vieira dinking it over the keeper I think.

Well I have been to one each of the past 3 seasons but hoping to get to maybe 2 next season now that the university commitments and associated poverty subsides. Maybe a champions league game too. A board trip would be the ticket I think at least that way we can get rid of EC full back magpie and Anportmor for one match ;D

longball

I thought Fulham would be a good club for him. Or even everton. The boy has got talent there is no arguing that but his workrate and attitute is what stops him being a top top player
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

DennistheMenace

Quote from: longball on May 27, 2009, 03:42:26 PM
I thought Fulham would be a good club for him. Or even everton. The boy has got talent there is no arguing that but his workrate and attitute is what stops him being a top top player

Pennant is an average player, doesn't have the talent, attitude or commitment to succeed at the top.

Chrisowc

The first half in that game was one of the best performances in the early days of Rafa.  As close to his Valencia side as you could get and probably the level that the team are consistently at now.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

quit yo jibbajabba

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

you fcukin beauty;

this is for all the manc w*nks who continually hijacked the liverpool thread all season with their sh1te;

not so nice now lads; suck it up. suck it up

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!