Mick Wallace, NAMA and the £7M

Started by Nigel White, July 04, 2015, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Mike Nesbitt was on the radio this moring about Miskelly and the new Cushnahan bung scandal asking if "there might have been more coaching involved with Miskelly's testimony"!  Classic!  You really couldn't make this stuff up! ;D

Applesisapples

I understand why the DUP are ignoring the Nama Scandal, they just want it to go away. Why though are the UUP reticient to pursue it? Have they something to hide?

johnneycool

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 09, 2016, 01:12:21 PM
I understand why the DUP are ignoring the Nama Scandal, they just want it to go away. Why though are the UUP reticient to pursue it? Have they something to hide?

The SDLP aren't exactly jumping up and down about it either. Where's Clare Hanna when you need her?

ashman

Quote from: johnneycool on September 09, 2016, 02:53:00 PM

The SDLP aren't exactly jumping up and down about it either. Where's Clare Hanna when you need her?

Truth be told this really is a southern matter in that NAMA is the republics bad bank.  The only party in the North who have real skin in the game politically is SF.   Also I would think the politicians are waiting for the investigations to conclude.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ashman on September 09, 2016, 02:57:31 PM

Truth be told this really is a southern matter in that NAMA is the republics bad bank.  The only party in the North who have real skin in the game politically is SF.   Also I would think the politicians are waiting for the investigations to conclude.
No your wrong project eagle was property owned by developers from the North here, GB and the South. If bribes were being offered to politicians on this side of the border to grease the wheel and allow said developers to refinance on the cheap then it is an issue for both jurisdictions.

ashman

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 09, 2016, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: ashman on September 09, 2016, 02:57:31 PM

No your wrong project eagle was property owned by developers from the North here, GB and the South. If bribes were being offered to politicians on this side of the border to grease the wheel and allow said developers to refinance on the cheap then it is an issue for both jurisdictions.

True enough but the key point really is that the northern taxpayer/ exchequer really are losing nothing here per se .  Us mugs down here ponyed up for the initial haircut when these "assets" went to NAMA.  I do take your point about politicians and fixers being allegedly on the make . 

NAMA should have been totally transparent .  The few billions we are told are being recouped due to "commercial sensitivity"come at a very high price due to the cynicism and bad vibes created.

imtommygunn

There is one in particular it would be nice to see sunk. As crooked and bigoted as they come.

It's probably one of those things we'll never know the truth from unfotunately. Hopefully bryson goes away at the end of it. Says it all about our politicians that a guy as vacuoos as that can have an influence.