Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

If you build it, they will come... ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cfclg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2016, 01:31:19 PM
If you build it, they will come... ::)

It will cost £X to open and run a 38000 seater Casement on match day. There will be Y supporters required in the stadium to break even. The problem is that we will never reach Y for national league or even cship matches. Ulster council will soon close the doors on us as they're opening it regularly at a loss. All about the $$$$$$$ folks

theskull1

If someone gave you a free 20000 square foot house that would bankrupt you in running costs (holidays stopped, cancel gym membership, music/dance tuition stopped, sell family airlooms to stay afloat etc etc) would you take it if you knew you couldn't sell it and HAD to stay there? I know I wouldn't, but that's what Antrim and the Ulster Council are for doing.

Antrim should have negotiated a deal to set up a separate facility that suited their needs. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Quote from: doodaa on February 17, 2016, 09:54:53 AM
Do Antrim people outside of Belfast want Casement redeveloped?
Your county obviously needs a decent county ground but would it be better placed more centrally in the county rather than Belfast?
I hated going to the place and with the traffic getting worse and worse around Belfast it'll make getting to it even more depressing! Never thought there was much atmosphere around it either as the stands were so far from the pitch (that might be rectified in the new plans however).

I thought the hurling final at dunloy this year was great. Casement is too vacant for our finals as we don't get enough people and it hurts the atmosphere. The smaller grounds have much better atmospheres in them.

County games we need a middle ground in terms of capacity and venue.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah def. the days of casement being open for local matches are numbered. It wont happen as it will cost too much to cover the over heads at the ground.

Sure look at the new Windsor park. Cliftonville v ards league cup final played at another ground as it was too expensive to play at the supposit home of norn iron fitba.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Very possibly the same thing that could happen with casement i suspect dr.

I'd love to see us get a big game with some big guns and our own county football or hurling in casement but it's not really "ours" any more

Weste

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2016, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: doodaa on February 17, 2016, 09:54:53 AM
Do Antrim people outside of Belfast want Casement redeveloped?
Your county obviously needs a decent county ground but would it be better placed more centrally in the county rather than Belfast?
I hated going to the place and with the traffic getting worse and worse around Belfast it'll make getting to it even more depressing! Never thought there was much atmosphere around it either as the stands were so far from the pitch (that might be rectified in the new plans however).

I thought the hurling final at dunloy this year was great. Casement is too vacant for our finals as we don't get enough people and it hurts the atmosphere. The smaller grounds have much better atmospheres in them.

County games we need a middle ground in terms of capacity and venue.

Are there any plans to hold county games at dunsilly when it's finished? Like Derry do at owenbeg.

hurlingstick

What a a wash out of a few months. Pitch is going to be a nightmare tomorrow. Anyone been on it past week or so?

Glensman

Saw something about Division 1 hurling starting 17 April - anyone know if that is the same for the other divisions.

Are all divisions 8 teams?

hurlingstick

Jesus has there ever been so much apathy towards an Antrim senior hurling game? I'll go and pay my £8 in (which seems ridiculous) anyhow.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Half time

Antrim 1 - 15  Kildare 1  -  6

Milltown Row2

London gave Carlow a big beating.... How good are London?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Finished 3-25 to 3-13. The defence needs shored up. That should be helped when the Cushendall lads return.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 21, 2016, 04:20:59 PM
Finished 3-25 to 3-13. The defence needs shored up. That should be helped when the Cushendall lads return.
Agreed leaking three goals against Kildare is not good enough
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets