Dublin v Kerry 2023 Senior All Ireland final

Started by Blowitupref, July 16, 2023, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statto

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2023, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on July 28, 2023, 12:07:03 PM
It doesn't matter if your bored, you can't get a way from the stats, Dublin play all of their league and championship games in Croke Park, have done for years. Its their home ground. Imagine St Galls getting to play every championship game they ever played in the period they had a serious team, its would have been very helpful to them and certainly been a disadvantage to their opposition.

So I've asked the question, where do we play the final?

We played Cross in Cross and in Newry, they won each time because they were the better team on the day.

If having the game at Croke for the last hundred odd years then Dublin, because of the advantage should have the most hurling and football titles than anyone else
What advantage do cross have when the game was in Newry?  They live closer? They also hammered you in casement one year, but your not comparing apples with apples. 

It may be a marginal gain in a game of fine margins it may tip the scales in Dublin's favour is all that I am saying. 

statto

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 28, 2023, 01:39:32 PM
Quote from: statto on July 28, 2023, 10:30:04 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 28, 2023, 09:35:45 AM
I find it impossible to predict the outcome of this match. There is still some improvement in this Kerry side whilst I think Dublin are trying to dig out one last All Ireland from the remnants of the great side. You would think that this would favour the younger more energetic side but Kerry have not really convinced me for large parts of this season. The best form guide is the semi final from last season when it could have gone either way even though Kerry dominated for the best part of that match but Dublin have a few lads back in the squad since then and David Moran has now retired. I think this could go to a replay.
Is there extra time or straight to replay?  Find it strange that there is replays at this stage, but not earlier in the competition(would suggest this is due to not having enough room in the calendar), would it not be best to have the same rules throughout?
Thanks for clarifying. 

If level ón 70 minutes Sunday it goes to extra time, if level after extra time it then goes to a replay.

The replay would be finished on the day (All-Ireland could be won on penalties)

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 27, 2023, 11:04:09 PM
Quote from: Keane on July 27, 2023, 10:49:29 PM
Out of pure genuine interest what's dislikable about Sean O'Shea? I don't know him at all but seems like the quintessential dedicated, hard working, team first kind of footballer

Watch the amount of sneaky hits and closed fist tackles he does. That will change your mind
Sounds like admiration, cloaked in jealousy.

Wildweasel74

Halfquarter

Wildweasel74

Christy Ring not win one?

Halfquarter

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 28, 2023, 11:29:31 PM
Christ Ring not win one?

Ring played until his mid forties alright, but I think he was around 34 when he won his eight
and final All Ireland medal.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 28, 2023, 11:22:12 PM
Cluxton , the first player over 40 to win an All Ireland medal ?

Remember reading a while back that Jim Ware was 40 when Waterford won the 1948 All Ireland I think he has the record for the oldest winning captain.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 29, 2023, 12:52:05 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on July 28, 2023, 11:22:12 PM
Cluxton , the first player over 40 to win an All Ireland medal ?

Remember reading a while back that Jim Ware was 40 when Waterford won the 1948 All Ireland I think he has the record for the oldest winning captain.

I'm told Larry Cribbin (Kildare) was 41 in 1919...but I don't remember it that clearly.

Wildweasel74

All Ireland final at 8pgs, the media not say this was the final we all wanted. Why we be beating down the doors to see 2 teams, who won 60+ all-Irelands beats me.

BuzzCagney

AustinPowers

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2023, 11:34:59 AM
All Ireland final at 8pgs, the media not say this was the final we all wanted. Why we be beating down the doors to see 2 teams who won 60+ all-Irelands beat me.

The semis and finals  in both codes haven't  had room to breathe.  People  only coming down from watching  a great hurling final , and  the football  is on top of us already. 

Aaron Boone

In this century Kerry Dublin and Tyrone will have won 20 of the 24 titles.

In the last century, they won 47 of the 100.

marty34

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 29, 2023, 12:28:31 PM

That's a frightening stat.

restorepride

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 29, 2023, 12:28:31 PM

No back-door last century, mind you!  Nor a 6 in a row by the best team ever to play Gaelic Football.