Dublin v Kerry 2023 Senior All Ireland final

Started by Blowitupref, July 16, 2023, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: JoG2 on July 27, 2023, 06:50:47 PM
Hoping Dublin win by 10, but I don't think there will be a kick of a ball in it. Will be gripping
Why? As neutral I'm hoping it's one of those Dublin v Kerry games that's decided with the last kick of the game.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tonto1888

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 27, 2023, 07:11:33 PM
Hoping Dublin win by 10, but I don't think there will be a kick of a ball in it. Will be gripping
Why? As neutral I'm hoping it's one of those Dublin v Kerry games that's decided with the last kick of the game.

for dublin

imtommygunn

I hope Dublin win too. Something about that Kerry team I wouldn't be a big fan of.

It will be tight. Both teams face the same thing in that they won't have faced anyone with as strong a bench until now. Brosnan being out is I think a big loss for Kerry.

Intriguing to see who picks up Clifford and also who picks up O'Callaghan. Same really with Kilkenny (if or when he makes an appearance), Paudie Clifford and Sean O'Shead. Mannion too I guess. It is hard to call.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think we, with our rather abysmal display, painted the Kerry midfield in a fairly decent light, when in fact I think they're quite suspect, and I expect Fenton and Howard to expose that on Sunday.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JoG2

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 27, 2023, 07:11:33 PM

Level on the 70th mark and then Dublin blitz them in injury time!

Rossfan

Not particulary bothered who wins as I can't stand either of them.
If Kerry win they'll feck off down to their corner of the World and won't bother the rest of us

If Dublin win we'll have to listen to 6 months of hype and  drivel from the media.
It's time Dublin lost an AI Final anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 27, 2023, 07:24:54 PM
I think we, with our rather abysmal display, painted the Kerry midfield in a fairly decent light, when in fact I think they're quite suspect, and I expect Fenton and Howard to expose that on Sunday.

Derry have a stronger midfield than Tyrone and arguably as strong as Dublin's and I thought Kerry took control of that area in the 2nd half of the semi final. Can Fenton produce the performance on Sunday similar to how he played against Monaghan when the game was in the melting pot? he wasn't overly impressive in this years championship before that match but certainly has the ability to turn it on when needed most.

Main thing Tyrone made Kerry look decent at was in defence. They were ropey in defence in the 1st half against Derry and for the majority of the game against Mayo, weren't great in the Munster final against Clare.  Defensively was their strength and key to winning the All Ireland last year and Sunday will show if they are really back to that level again defensively as they'll need to be to topple Dublin.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Used to be nobody wanted Dublin to win, this current Kerry team seem to be dislikable  "Seanie O'Shea/ Paudie 2 examples ( D Clifford aside) hard know what way the game go, I prefer Dublin, but I think Kerry beat them.

Keane

Out of pure genuine interest what's dislikable about Sean O'Shea? I don't know him at all but seems like the quintessential dedicated, hard working, team first kind of footballer 

tyrone08

Quote from: Keane on July 27, 2023, 10:49:29 PM
Out of pure genuine interest what's dislikable about Sean O'Shea? I don't know him at all but seems like the quintessential dedicated, hard working, team first kind of footballer

Watch the amount of sneaky hits and closed fist tackles he does. That will change your mind

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 27, 2023, 11:04:09 PM

Watch the amount of sneaky hits and closed fist tackles he does. That will change your mind

Hopefully no choke holds and digs to the chest  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Keane

Do you reckon he gets away with more than the guy marking him in most games?

Piskin

He is overall a clean footballer...

tonto1888

I like Sean O'Shea. The other Clifford thought. You couldn't like him if you rared him