Another Bandwagon To Jump On

Started by ludermor, January 19, 2010, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

http://www.rte.ie/sport/tennis/2010/0119/sorensenl_australianm.html

Louk Sorensen became the first Irishman to win a grand slam match in 25 years when he defeated Yen-Hsun Lu in the first-round of the Australian Open

Archie Mitchell

Hardy

Declan

Remember his father - Sean Sorensen. Decent player himself and I seem to recall him giving McEnroe a game in the early 80's

dublinfella

So rather than congratulate an Irish sportsman on a great acheievement, your line is that its a bandwagon in train.

How bizarre.

ziggysego

Not often I'd agree with dublinfella here, but ludermore I don't know the point you're trying to make here.

Congratulations Louk.
Testing Accessibility

Dakota

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 19, 2010, 11:26:45 AM
Good Irish name too.

Do you have to have a Irish name to be a proper Irish man?

Silky

Ziggysego is hardly a "good Irish name"? Neither is Dakota.

Declan

Sure Sorensen is Irish isn't it - from our Scandanavian ancestors?

ziggysego

Quote from: Silky on January 19, 2010, 01:36:16 PM
Ziggysego is hardly a "good Irish name"? Neither is Dakota.

You seem to be under the illusion that my name is actually ziggysego
Testing Accessibility

ludermor

Quote from: ziggysego on January 19, 2010, 11:40:58 AM
Not often I'd agree with dublinfella here, but ludermore I don't know the point you're trying to make here.

Congratulations Louk.
Im just saying that there will be a bandwagon following his great achievement in winning this game and ill be happy to jump on it ( as i was with the cricket team). Of course im glad he won as i am generally when all irish sportspeople win.

Hardy

It's just about as racist an attitude as you can get, to question somebody's nationality based on their name. Chilling and smacks of nazi-type racial purity ideology.

the colonel

what a ridiculous thread, fair play to the guy. whats the problem? i doubt there will be a bandwagon as he will more than likely get beat in next round
the difference between success and failure is energy

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on January 19, 2010, 01:44:12 PM
It's just about as racist an attitude as you can get, to question somebody's nationality based on their name. Chilling and smacks of nazi-type racial purity ideology.

Reminds me of the slagging some fella from Wicklow or Kildare got. He wasn't really Irish because his name was very colonial/English. This despite the fact that he's slogging away in muck and shite to represent his county.