Another Bandwagon To Jump On

Started by ludermor, January 19, 2010, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Wasn't there some hurler years ago for Laois or maybe Offaly called Paddy Rustiko? I know I have the name surname spelled wrong but it was something along those lines..
Not a very Irish name(not the Paddy bit  :) ) but I'm sure he was every bit the Irish man we are

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2010, 04:52:06 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 19, 2010, 04:45:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2010, 04:32:52 PM
Not him Dinny, there was another, I think he was the Wicklow goalkeeper or something?

Yes - Mervyn Travers. His name caused some ignorant comment here, I recall.

Really? Even allowing for the pleb factor I don't see why this name would attract any attention.

Did he have a handle-bar moustache and smoke a pipe during games?

Sorry. I did a search and found it. It wasn't a comment on the gaaboard. It was on some podcast that was touted here.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7882.0

ludermor

Quote from: dublinfella on January 19, 2010, 04:16:06 PM
[quote author=Asal Mor link=topic=15145.msg717160#msg717160

In fairness Luder ya said nothing wrong but people are so eager to get into hysterics about racism they jump straight onto the high horse. Lighten up lads. It's as bad as the Joe Duffy show on here sometimes.

Its got nothing to do with racism. The original post was dripping with begrudgery and smacked of the attitude that a successful Irishman in another sport is a negative for the GAA.
[/quote] :D :D
FFS will you show me where in the name of Jasus there is even a hint of begrudgery! And how the f**k do you get any relevance to the GAA?? Pretty warped thinking there fella

dublinfella

Quote from: ludermor on January 19, 2010, 05:40:30 PM

FFS will you show me where in the name of Jasus there is even a hint of begrudgery! And how the f**k do you get any relevance to the GAA?? Pretty warped thinking there fella

I'm not the only person who questioned your opening post.

Bandwagon mentioned. Congratulations not. Nuff said.

ludermor

Nothing mentioned bout begrudery ( would you mind outlining where you found it)
Nothing mentioned bout GAA (would you mind outlining where you found it to be a negative to the GAA)
Nuff said but thanks for your contribution

Actually looking back at my post i highlighted from the link that he was the first irish player in 25 yrs to win a glam slam game, is that not enough to show that i thought it was a great achievment???

muppet

Quote from: ludermor on January 19, 2010, 05:45:40 PM
Nothing mentioned bout GAA (would you mind outlining where you found it to be a negative to the GAA)

Actually looking back at my post i highlighted from the link that he was the first irish player in 25 yrs to win a glam slam game, is that not enough to show that i thought it was a great achievment???

A mighty achievement, up there with Willie Joe's point in 1989. Our 1st in an AIF in 39 years.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Sorry to be to be the anorak, but 38 years.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on January 19, 2010, 06:00:02 PM
Sorry to be to be the anorak, but 38 years.

Sorry...........you are correct.
MWWSI 2017

The Blegard

Quote from: ludermor on January 19, 2010, 05:45:40 PM

You are an absolute begrudger alright ;D. Bet your sorry you opened your mouth at all. You need to run everything past Ben Elton or someone to check for PC nowadays
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

Declan

Sorensen bows out in Melbourne

Tennis – Australian Open: Louk Sorensen's dream run at the Australian Open was brought to an end by the big hitting John Isner this morning. The giant American defeated Sorensen in straight sets, 6-3 7-6 (7-4) 7-5, to deny the Irishman a place in the third round.

Having come through qualifying, Sorensen - ranked 287 in the world - became the first Irishman to win a Grand Slam match in 25 years by beating Yen-Hsun Lu in the first round.

A win over Isner would have been momentous and the Stuttgart-based Sorensen - where he plays for Bundesliga third division club TC Doggenburg when he is not on the road - put up an impressive fight against the American.

Despite losing the first set limply, he fought back hard in the second to force a tie-break in which Isner asserted his authority.

The third was neck-and-neck throughout and Sorensen threatened to carry the fight even further despite failing to convert any of his three break points in the match.

However, Isner's power was proving too much for the Irishman to handle as the American - who smashed down 21 aces in total - finally took control to take victory in the third.

According to the radio there was a great crowd of Irish supporting him