Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

I don't really see an issue with Tyrone (or any other county) turning down TG4 in favour of generating their own money. I do think that £16 is steep but it's a hard one to get the price point right on. I would slightly disagree with Fionn on point 2. I think those games shown on RTE in the past have raised the profile of Tyrone club football and has shown the wider world the quality of our club sides. In the grand scheme of things that doesn't really mean anything I know. And you're probably right if yesterdays game had have been as bad as say the Kerry final yesterday then Tyrone football would have been given it's usual kicking.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Eire90 on October 31, 2022, 03:41:08 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 31, 2022, 08:54:57 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on October 31, 2022, 06:44:57 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 31, 2022, 02:00:49 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 31, 2022, 12:25:16 AM
It's a shame that the County Board went for profit today instead of showcasing an absolutely fantastic football final throughout the 32 Counties.

Most people outside of Tyrone couldn't care less.

you could say the same for people in tyrone.

Rubbish

unless you follow gaa or are involved you wouldn't really know that a club county final is on.

You said people of Tyrone

square_ball

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2022, 04:16:56 PM
Eugene McConnell is stepping down as County PRO this year so whoever steps into his shoes will have a challenge to live up to.

Only one man for the job. . .

I propose Fionntamhnach. Can I get a 2nd proposer?

Tyrone Gaa

Is Eugene's 5 year term up or is he stepping away from the role?
Living the dream!!!

Mikhailov

Quote from: bogball88 on October 31, 2022, 01:56:28 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 31, 2022, 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 31, 2022, 11:13:58 AM
Who is in charge of Carmen?

Ryan Daly. Archie Beattie floating around
Seamus Woods about as well

Noel Hurson & Tom Gribben as well....the list goes on

snowy2hunt

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 31, 2022, 04:43:45 PM

I  think I saw  Aidan O'Connor  from Kildress   with ear piece and  taking with Beattie outside the wire

Eire90

yes a lot of people living in  tyrone would not have a clue that any final was on unless they follow gaa and a lot of super casuals only follow tyrone when they get to semis and barely even know club gaa exists

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2022, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 31, 2022, 04:41:57 PM
Is Eugene's 5 year term up or is he stepping away from the role?

His five year term is coming to an end. I've heard a name banded about for his potential successor but I'm not sure if saying it about here is appropriate - and of course they could be subject to an election if there's a challenger.

And no, I most certainly do not want to be thrown in at the deep end at county level so let's nip that in the bud real quick! 😳

Eugene has been around the circuit a long time. Has taken a fair amount of abuse in that time as well. I think he's always give it 100% no doubt he will find or seek to find another role within the county board. I wish him well.

An obvious contender would be young Cox who challenged him a few years back. Wouldn't be familiar with many PRO's. Would Eunan Lyndsey want it?
Living the dream!!!

Jim Bob

Quote from: Eire90 on October 31, 2022, 05:07:17 PM
yes a lot of people living in  tyrone would not have a clue that any final was on unless they follow gaa and a lot of super casuals only follow tyrone when they get to semis and barely even know club gaa exists

Armagh man alert !!!

Jim Bob

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 31, 2022, 05:59:37 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 31, 2022, 05:45:44 PM
Eugene has been around the circuit a long time. Has taken a fair amount of abuse in that time as well. I think he's always give it 100% no doubt he will find or seek to find another role within the county board. I wish him well.

An obvious contender would be young Cox who challenged him a few years back. Wouldn't be familiar with many PRO's. Would Eunan Lyndsey want it?

I know Eugene has his knockers and has had them for many years both on and off the pitch, but any time I've spoken to him he's always been accommodating & friendly. He's given a lot to Tyrone & Clogher for many years now and I wish him well whatever direction he takes after this year.

Eugene is a gentleman who has devoted a lot of his time to a Tyrone GAA.

WT4E

Quote from: snowy2hunt on October 31, 2022, 04:50:41 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 31, 2022, 04:43:45 PM

I  think I saw  Aidan O'Connor  from Kildress   with ear piece and  taking with Beattie outside the wire

Yes aidan O'connor with them too. Think as goal keeping coach but maybe double up as a man in the stand??

Under Lights

Am I right in thinking that Galbally are the only team that made a county final this year that had outside men at the helm?

redzone

That's 5 finals Carmen have lost since their last win in 05. I can see them going outside for a big big name manager next year

on the sideline

Quote from: redzone on October 31, 2022, 09:45:54 PM
That's 5 finals Carmen have lost since their last win in 05. I can see them going outside for a big big name manager next year

I'd doubt there'll be any change in Carrickmore. League winners last year, first county final in how many years, a performance that Carrickmore people would be proud of, a young team that are clearly going in the right direction and highly regarded local men in charge (along with a massive backroom team, granted).
If those men want to stay on I'm sure the job is theirs.

Tyrone Gaa

In house management is the way forward. The sooner clubs wake upto that the more money there will be for grassroots development. Obviously there will be clubs that need to look for assistance, but if there are guys available within any club they should be the 1st contact.

There are guys doing the management circuit stealing a living. Keep money in the clubs and invest in the facilities.
Living the dream!!!