Thomas Davis to Fold?

Started by dublinfella, February 16, 2011, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: dublinfella on February 22, 2011, 10:33:12 AM
Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 11:12:58 PM
The plans? Ya here is the main thing imagine a big long green thing called a field like whats in it now but extended longer you moron. That stadium will never be finihed, certainly there is no need for it to be developed for Shamrock Rovers anyway there is plenty of space for their fans and their imaginery fans :), a guy told me there was a coupld of hundred to see the trophy being paraded around the pitch. :D

So thats a no....

The stadium was NEVER designed to be dual use, hence the court case to get it designed.

And you are calling me a moron?  :D

Where is the link for the 3,000 ticket sales you said you sold this year?  ???

How many people were there to show the trophy around at the end of the season? I heard 200, more would turn out to welcome TD's U12C team :)

dublinfella

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 22, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

How many people were there to show the trophy around at the end of the season? I heard 200, more would turn out to welcome TD's U12C team :)

I have no idea what you are talking about. There was a civic reception for the team, I didn't hear of any parade. But I wouldn't have been listening.

But thats shite deflection tactics. You claimed as a FACT that TD would get more punters in than Rovers. You also claimed as a FACT that the stadium was designed to be multi sport. I presume I am wasting my time asking for any sort of backup to this nonsense?

Franko

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 11:14:49 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 21, 2011, 11:08:26 AM
More lies from dublinfella - what's new?

Such as?

Like it or not I have called everything in relation to the trials and tribulations of TD 100% correct since day one.

I beat the papers by a few days on this one.

But you carry on sticking your head in the sand. They are broke, they have no ability to generate the revenues required, the begging bowl is out at a time when no-one has the money and the banks are desperate to claw back anything they can and the GAA don't have the resources to bail them out.

"But sure it will be grand...."

Any evidence to offer on this one?

dublinfella

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: dublinfella on February 22, 2011, 02:04:10 PM
Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 22, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about. There was a civic reception for the team, I didn't hear of any parade. But I wouldn't have been listening.

But thats shite deflection tactics. You claimed as a FACT that TD would get more punters in than Rovers. You also claimed as a FACT that the stadium was designed to be multi sport. I presume I am wasting my time asking for any sort of backup to this nonsense?

Who mentioned anything about a parade? ??? So you are too embarrassed to admit only 200 turned out on a Monday to see the league title come home, wow what great fans. Can you answer the question for where you got your information for over 3,000 season ticket sales? Facts here are TD's have far more members than Shamrock Rovers and would have had more use for the stadium than you're lot.

Please answer the above ^^^^^

dublinfella

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 22, 2011, 02:37:49 PM

Who mentioned anything about a parade? ??? So you are too embarrassed to admit only 200 turned out on a Monday to see the league title come home, wow what great fans. Can you answer the question for where you got your information for over 3,000 season ticket sales? Facts here are TD's have far more members than Shamrock Rovers and would have had more use for the stadium than you're lot.

Rovers won the league on the last day of the season away from home. They have not had any games since then to parade the trophy. Was it a kids game or a function of some sort? I have no idea what you are talking about, and in fact I don't actually care.

A simple google search  - they sold their 2010 th ticket for 2010 in January 09. Two months before the season began.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/index.php/community/cpo-objectives/shamrock-rovers

1,850 around the same time last year.

http://shamrockrovers.ie/news/latest-news?71cce52574d4d86948f2109dfa3ec02e=emyvbhnz&start=25

I anecdotally heard they shifted in the region of 3,000 season tickets last year and that evidence backs it up.

Now explain how a mid size GAA club would have 'more use' for a 7,000 seater venue than the largest professional soccer club on the island? They would get crowds that dwarf every other club on the island and more than most county sides. Bear in mind that you said this would be a 'fact'

trueblue1234

Quote from: dublinfella on February 22, 2011, 05:17:07 PM
Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 22, 2011, 02:37:49 PM

Rovers won the league on the last day of the season away from home. They have not had any games since then to parade the trophy. Was it a kids game or a function of some sort? I have no idea what you are talking about, and in fact I don't actually care.

A simple google search  - they sold their 2010 th ticket for 2010 in January 09. Two months before the season began.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/index.php/community/cpo-objectives/shamrock-rovers

1,850 around the same time last year.

http://shamrockrovers.ie/news/latest-news?71cce52574d4d86948f2109dfa3ec02e=emyvbhnz&start=25

I anecdotally heard they shifted in the region of 3,000 season tickets last year and that evidence backs it up.

Now explain how a mid size GAA club would have 'more use' for a 7,000 seater venue than the largest professional soccer club on the island? They would get crowds that dwarf every other club on the island and more than most county sides. Bear in mind that you said this would be a 'fact'

Not true. League is soccer's major competition. The equalivent in GAA is the AI. And then any county team would have more than rovers best attendance!!
You don't help yourself when you come out with crap like that.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

dublinfella

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 22, 2011, 05:47:29 PM
Not true. League is soccer's major competition. The equalivent in GAA is the AI. And then any county team would have more than rovers best attendance!!
You don't help yourself when you come out with crap like that.

Thats not what I said. He claimed Thomas Davis would have had bigger crowds week in week out than Rovers. Rovers have crowds that many counties can't get out in the league, never mind club attendences. I never mentioned championship.

He has yet to back this up. Its patently absurd that a medium sized GAA club will get better crowds than a LoI side.

trueblue1234

Considering there has been no actual attendance figures that have been backed up by any links I'd struggle to believe that Rovers would have better attendance than any counties bar maybe one or two. And definitely not Div 1 county teams.

dublinfella

I have a report of what was said last night and how much is owed to who for how long and what they want to do about it, but fcuk it. All I get is abuse, so you can wait for TD to leak it to the Indo.

dublinfella

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 22, 2011, 06:07:36 PM
Considering there has been no actual attendance figures that have been backed up by any links I'd struggle to believe that Rovers would have better attendance than any counties bar maybe one or two. And definitely not Div 1 county teams.

Who f**king cares?

He said TD would get more punters through the door and you are shiteing on about intercounty attendences?

The topic in hand is a GAA club that is about to die.

trueblue1234

So if he talks sh*te that gives you the right to do the same?

No wonder you get abuse on here considering you spout crap so often. Then you wonder why people don't trust what you say! 

dublinfella

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 22, 2011, 06:18:57 PM

No wonder you get abuse on here considering you spout crap so often. Then you wonder why people don't trust what you say!

Like I say, who f**king cares. People don't LIKE what I say, but I have never, ever been wrong on anything I posted.

As I say, I couldn't give a fúck anymore. TD are dead. Gone. I predicted this 4 years ago. But I'm not 'trusted'.

People on this site need to grow up and realise that members of the GAA like me who argued against batshit spending on nonsense were right. Look at today's Indo or Examiner. The GAA hierarchy are lining up to prepare you for the worst. The problems coming down the line will make the LoI look like a walk in the park.

INDIANA

Quote from: dublinfella on February 22, 2011, 06:23:54 PM

Like I say, who f**king cares. People don't LIKE what I say, but I have never, ever been wrong on anything I posted.

As I say, I couldn't give a fúck anymore. TD are dead. Gone. I predicted this 4 years ago. But I'm not 'trusted'.

People on this site need to grow up and realise that members of the GAA like me who argued against batshit spending on nonsense were right. Look at today's Indo or Examiner. The GAA hierarchy are lining up to prepare you for the worst. The problems coming down the line will make the LoI look like a walk in the park.

Talking through your arse as usual. The clubs in the Gaa bar a few exceptions are nowhere near the shit-house that is the LOI. 99% of clubs will be absolutely fine and most are taking steps to ensure they are.

LOI model for success- pay players money we dont have but we might have if we qualify for the knockout stages of rthe Champions League.  Some LOI players were coming out with 2 grand net a week. Some clubs in the championship in England dont even pay that.

So I think its safe to say most GAA clubs will be fine.

trueblue1234

Quote from: dublinfella on February 22, 2011, 06:23:54 PM

You have been wrong on things you've posted, not least I don't believe that Rovers would have better attendance so you crying that your always right doesn't impress anyone when it's been shown you've lied. Hardy pointed out one of these earlier. So that's why your not "trusted". 
I've no doubt that there'll be hard times ahead for the GAA, much the same as any other organisation. But I know I'd have more faith in the GAA coming out of it stronger than the LOI.