Thomas Davis to Fold?

Started by dublinfella, February 16, 2011, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 11:14:49 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 21, 2011, 11:08:26 AM
More lies from dublinfella - what's new?

Such as?

Like it or not I have called everything in relation to the trials and tribulations of TD 100% correct since day one.

I beat the papers by a few days on this one.

But you carry on sticking your head in the sand. They are broke, they have no ability to generate the revenues required, the begging bowl is out at a time when no-one has the money and the banks are desperate to claw back anything they can and the GAA don't have the resources to bail them out.

"But sure it will be grand...."

You're a SHAMrock Rovers fan aren't you? The irony!

TD and the GAA have been around for generations and will be around for generations. When you don't have to pay players who can't make it elsewhere it makes it easier to tackle debt though thats probably hard for you to understand. The LOI way is to fold and re-emerge and pretend nothing happened.

You're getting carried away with your spiteful wishful thinking and frankly I think you should take it elsewhere. You've been a proven liar on many occasions on this board and have zero credibility. Do one.

Hound

I'm sure Thomas Davis are not the only club in the country who have incurred debt to build facilities, and who are in trouble financially now.

I wonder will this bring up the issue of allowing GAA clubs to rent out their facilities to other sports, in order to derive an income stream? Allow the clubs themselves decide whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages?

dublinfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 21, 2011, 11:44:58 AM

Not really, no. Keep an eye out for their results as they are my local team.

TD and the GAA have been around for generations and will be around for generations. When you don't have to pay players who can't make it elsewhere it makes it easier to tackle debt though thats probably hard for you to understand. The LOI way is to fold and re-emerge and pretend nothing happened.

Actually its entirely the opposite. If you are in debt as a result of wages, you release the players and stop paying them. Where will TD find fat to trim?

You're getting carried away with your spiteful wishful thinking and frankly I think you should take it elsewhere. You've been a proven liar on many occasions on this board and have zero credibility. Do one.

Nothing wishful or spiteful at all. You are the one getting all arsey, not me.

If I in fact have zero credibility it is because I say things the herd don't want to hear. I have been 100% right in everything I have said on this matter to date.

Maybe its you with the wishful thinking that I am suddenly wrong on this?

dublinfella

Quote from: Hound on February 21, 2011, 11:56:40 AM
I'm sure Thomas Davis are not the only club in the country who have incurred debt to build facilities, and who are in trouble financially now.

I wonder will this bring up the issue of allowing GAA clubs to rent out their facilities to other sports, in order to derive an income stream? Allow the clubs themselves decide whether the benefits outweigh the disadvantages?

I can't see any other outcome here. The other options are Croker digging all these clubs out or clubs folding.

Hardy

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 11:57:11 AMI have been 100% right in everything I have said on this matter to date.

Quite the opposite, as you know. You really are a piece of work. You start this stuff roughly once per year and each time I have to come on here and remind people that you're a proven liar. You have zero credibility here because of your repeated lies and their repeated exposure here. You seem to have some sort of obsession with made-up sums of £2 million. Do you want me to start again on your claim of a £2 million "investment" by Shamrock Rovers in the Tallaght Stadium that you made up, lied about when challenged and eventually conceded was a lie?

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2011, 12:51:33 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 11:57:11 AMI have been 100% right in everything I have said on this matter to date.

Quite the opposite, as you know. You really are a piece of work. You start this stuff roughly once per year and each time I have to come on here and remind people that you're a proven liar. You have zero credibility here because of your repeated lies and their repeated exposure here. You seem to have some sort of obsession with made-up sums of £2 million. Do you want me to start again on your claim of a £2 million "investment" by Shamrock Rovers in the Tallaght Stadium that you made up, lied about when challenged and eventually conceded was a lie?

I most certainly did not concede anything of the sort. Rovers put significant amounts of money into the stadium and I was countering the crude TD line that they were getting a stadium buck shee. Whether it was 1.9m or 2.1m is entirely irrelevant to that point, and semantics is the last refuge of the wrong.

But what relevance is that to now? What in this thread is innacurate? I have stated what I know to be true, others have backed that up, and was clear on what I was speculating about.

dublinfella

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 20, 2011, 07:44:02 PM

Of course they don't but neither do Shamrock Rovers you go on about crowd figures on a different site yet you quote more than the figure they give? Trying to big up yourself. Get real you are a small club.

I'm not anything, but the reality is Rovers get more punters through the door than the Dublin hurlers do in the Championship. Yet you are arguing that TD would have more again? Based on what?

They admitted in court they wouldn't use the poxy place and people are still arguing that they were right to try and get themselves in there!?! Its surreal.

Hardy

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2011, 12:51:33 PM

I most certainly did not concede anything of the sort. Rovers put significant amounts of money into the stadium and I was countering the crude TD line that they were getting a stadium buck shee. Whether it was 1.9m or 2.1m is entirely irrelevant to that point, and semantics is the last refuge of the wrong.

Liar. You stated that Shamrock Rovers invested €2M in the stadium. That was shown to be a lie. You accepted that €100,000, was a more realistic figure (though there's no evidence they even invested that much). Now it's either €1.9M or €2.1M. You know damn well it's neither. You just make figures up. The problem with being a liar is that you have to have a good memory.

QuoteBut what relevance is that to now? What in this thread is innacurate? I have stated what I know to be true, others have backed that up, and was clear on what I was speculating about.

As you well know, the relevance to now is that the statements of a proven liar are worthless. I just wanted to make sure people here who mightn't know your form in this regard have this context in which to place your statements. I won't be engaging with you any more. You see I have no reason to believe anything you say.

dublinfella

I admitted no such thing.

But the point here is anyone who deviates away from the clique on here is hounded and abused.

All I did was disagree that TD were right in what they were doing and stated (correctly) that they could not win and it would cost them a fortune.

And here we are. But what is very relevent to this debate is that they have zero political clout. Whatever chance they have of council or government support went the minute they kicked a FF minister out of their clubhouse. The lunatics have been running that asylum for years and they are approaching a critical juncture in their existance.

If you prefer to call me a liar than debate that point and look at the bigger picture of clubs in trouble, good for you.

Hardy

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 02:18:18 PM

But the point here is anyone who deviates away from the clique on here is hounded and abused.

All I did was disagree that TD were right in what they were doing and stated (correctly) that they could not win and it would cost them a fortune.

And here we are. But what is very relevent to this debate is that they have zero political clout. Whatever chance they have of council or government support went the minute they kicked a FF minister out of their clubhouse. The lunatics have been running that asylum for years and they are approaching a critical juncture in their existance.

If you prefer to call me a liar than debate that point and look at the bigger picture of clubs in trouble, good for you.

See what I mean. The lies just flow out of him.

Thewhataboutery

Such as?

Like it or not I have called everything in relation to the trials and tribulations of TD 100% correct since day one.

But you carry on sticking your head in the sand. They are broke, they have no ability to generate the revenues required, the begging bowl is out at a time when no-one has the money and the banks are desperate to claw back anything they can and the GAA don't have the resources to bail them out.

In all fairness bit rich coming from you calling this clown spiteful. Is it possible for you to put your real name to your bigoted opinions that i read so often on here or are you brave enough to do that? You are on about debt but yet you support a British club in Soccer named Man U the most heavily indebted club in the world.

If ever there was 2 people made for each other it's you and Dublin Fella.

muppet

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 02:27:50 PM

Such as?

In all fairness bit rich coming from you calling this clown spiteful. Is it possible for you to put your real name to your bigoted opinions that i read so often on here or are you brave enough to do that? You are on about debt but yet you support a British club in Soccer named Man U the most heavily indebted club in the world.

If ever there was 2 people made for each other it's you and Dublin Fella.

You appear to be new here so you may not know how unintentionally funny your post is.

But enough about him, tell us (what)about yerself.
MWWSI 2017

Thewhataboutery

What do you wish to know, i used to play full forward i was not the fastest but probably the fatest, i was good at scoring enough? :)

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 02:18:18 PM

You're a grade A fool, you spout rubbish and you were caught in a matter of posts talking through your behind about your crowd figures !!!! Shamrock probably invested sweet FA in that stadium and it should have been made daul purpose, then it would have been finished, it will ever be finished now.

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2011, 02:22:15 PM
See what I mean. The lies just flow out of him.

Rather than sit there and be an infant, FIND where you claim I said these things.

Onus of proof is on you, and at the moment you just sound like a fool.