Thomas Davis to Fold?

Started by dublinfella, February 16, 2011, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 03:03:58 PM

You're a grade A fool, you spout rubbish and you were caught in a matter of posts talking through your behind about your crowd figures !!!! Shamrock probably invested sweet FA in that stadium and it should have been made daul purpose, then it would have been finished, it will ever be finished now.

Hold up. You claimed as a 'fact' that TD would have gotten more people through the turnstyles than Rovers. Rovers sell the place out on regular occasions and have almost 3,000 season tickets. Let us in on the 'fact' will you? How as a 'fact' would a mid size GAA club who have won very little in years and not had a county player for a long time gotten more in the gate than the Dublin hurlers? And I am the 'fool'?

It it had been made 'dual purpose' it would have held 1,500 people and never been used, at an additional cost of €15m, of which TD were willing to contribute nothing.

Its my understanding that the Square end will be completed this year, but who knows about any infrastructural work at the moment.

magpie seanie

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 03:28:47 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2011, 02:22:15 PM
See what I mean. The lies just flow out of him.

Rather than sit there and be an infant, FIND where you claim I said these things.

Onus of proof is on you, and at the moment you just sound like a fool.

Not to me and the many who have seen your repeated lies exposed here time and again.

dublinfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 21, 2011, 04:09:04 PM

Not to me and the many who have seen your repeated lies exposed here time and again.

Grand so. I'm wrong. TD aren't having a meeting tonight. They aren't up to their oxters in debt. Their future is rosy.

Hardy

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 03:28:47 PM
Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2011, 02:22:15 PM
See what I mean. The lies just flow out of him.

Rather than sit there and be an infant, FIND where you claim I said these things.

Onus of proof is on you, and at the moment you just sound like a fool.

Three or four times not enough for you? You know where the proof is. You can't have forgotten this conversation last year and the year before. You can't have forgotten claiming the investment of €2M and then conceding that €100k was more like it. You can't have forgotten claiming not to have supported the infamous banner until your post supporting it was quoted. It's a groundhog day type of thing and I'm sure you'll try it on again in a few months' time.

I've broken my own rule again in  engaging with you. That's the last time. My only purpose is to inform people here of the type of character you are, so that your spoofing can be put in context.

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on February 21, 2011, 04:47:52 PM
Three or four times not enough for you? You know where the proof is. You can't have forgotten this conversation last year and the year before. You can't have forgotten claiming the investment of €2M and then conceding that €100k was more like it. You can't have forgotten claiming not to have supported the infamous banner until your post supporting it was quoted. It's a groundhog day type of thing and I'm sure you'll try it on again in a few months' time.

I've broken my own rule again in  engaging with you. That's the last time. My only purpose is to inform people here of the type of character you are, so that your spoofing can be put in context.

You are right. I'm a liar, a stirrer and always wrong.

So rest easy, TD are not having a crisis meeting in relation to their finances tonight. There is no threat of foreclosure from the bank and no possibility of the club folding.

HiMucker

I know nothing of this argument other than unless TDs club members have been wiped out or abducted then folding due to finacial reasons is not possible.  The true value of a club is in its members and if they are willing for the club to go on then it will.  The rest is just trials and tribulations of a club that will be written in their club book in 100 years time

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 03:32:53 PM
Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 03:03:58 PM

You're a grade A fool, you spout rubbish and you were caught in a matter of posts talking through your behind about your crowd figures !!!! Shamrock probably invested sweet FA in that stadium and it should have been made daul purpose, then it would have been finished, it will ever be finished now.

Hold up. You claimed as a 'fact' that TD would have gotten more people through the turnstyles than Rovers. Rovers sell the place out on regular occasions and have almost 3,000 season tickets. Let us in on the 'fact' will you? How as a 'fact' would a mid size GAA club who have won very little in years and not had a county player for a long time gotten more in the gate than the Dublin hurlers? And I am the 'fool'?

It it had been made 'dual purpose' it would have held 1,500 people and never been used, at an additional cost of €15m, of which TD were willing to contribute nothing.

Its my understanding that the Square end will be completed this year, but who knows about any infrastructural work at the moment.

3,00 top speaking through your arse, do you have a link with this? There is no chancethat will be completed you fool, come out of that bubble you're in. TD would have had more with the famlies in thee area. Yes Famlies not yobs, i remember you in Santry, Tolka and the RDS avg crowd 5 to 600 max. You nearly went bust when you tried to build your own you are small time.

INDIANA

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 10:20:10 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 21, 2011, 12:53:43 AM

The latter is rubbish for the earlier reasons I outlined. No bank is pull the nuclear option because getting some back is better then getting none at all. No bank is going to write off a 2m debt. As for the publicity thats would go with that- not worth it for any bank. 2m is mickey mouse for Irish banks. They are so much in the hoc- 2m is the equivalent of losing 10 cents out of  a grand. The debt will simply be restructured or a number of individuals I suspect will get together to put cash on the balance sheet for a time period.

I agree that the bank won't write it off, but you are on cloud cuckoo land if any Irish bank will walk away from 2m at the moment.... Get your head around the fact there is a significant chance the land TD play on will be in NAMA hands by the end of the year.

As for the individuals stepping in. Presumably you mean the same individuals who stepped in to cover the legal costs and stepped straight back out again when they actually had to put their money where their mouths were?

The land will be nowhere near NAMA. How is that even relevent here? I'm pretty sure it doesnt even meet the current definition of what NAMA can take in as a "bad" loan as they call them.

Because the all weather pitch was secured on the value of the land beside it. When the value of that fell- the repayments became a problem for obvious reasons in the current climate.

Banks are not in the process of writing off 2m debts. They want to minimise their impairments as much as possible. But they will not be able to use TD's other assets to pay off any debt relating to the loan unless those assets were specifically secured on the loan. I've heard nothing to suggest they are secured on it.

Sticking cash on the balance sheet is an old device used by GAA clubs to keep banks at bay as a short term solution to cash flow issues. I'd be amazed if TD didn't have members willing to do it. Especially when you consider some of the individuals within the club.

heffo

Don't believe a word that Dublinfella posts on this thread.

TD like a lot of clubs are struggling financially but will hopefully pull through - I know they're going to do a life membership offer among other things.

Maybe if Thomas Davis were more cut throat in their decision making and decided not to field that pesky U12C Hurling team who don't make them a penny in return they'd be in a better situation.

Soccer clubs have the right idea alright - if a fella isn't going to 'make it' and be sold on as a commodity then he's cast away.

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: heffo on February 21, 2011, 08:52:12 PM
Don't believe a word that Dublinfella posts on this thread.

TD like a lot of clubs are struggling financially but will hopefully pull through - I know they're going to do a life membership offer among other things.

Maybe if Thomas Davis were more cut throat in their decision making and decided not to field that pesky U12C Hurling team who don't make them a penny in return they'd be in a better situation.

Soccer clubs have the right idea alright - if a fella isn't going to 'make it' and be sold on as a commodity then he's cast away.

To ber fair there are loads of soccer clubs up and down the country list as many teams as they can afford even if the team has no budding Kaka's. My main objection is listening to guys like Dubblinfella waffle on about 3,000 season tickets when the kids of that community would get better use out of the stadium if it was a peoper dual purpose stadium which is was designed to be. €15 million lol, are you joking you woul not have been asked to put it in €15 euro nevemind 15 million, clown.

dublinfella

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 09:40:26 PM

To ber fair there are loads of soccer clubs up and down the country list as many teams as they can afford even if the team has no budding Kaka's. My main objection is listening to guys like Dubblinfella waffle on about 3,000 season tickets when the kids of that community would get better use out of the stadium if it was a peoper dual purpose stadium which is was designed to be. €15 million lol, are you joking you woul not have been asked to put it in €15 euro nevemind 15 million, clown.

Designed to be? Really? Can you dig out the 'dual purpose' plans for me then please?

dublinfella

Quote from: heffo on February 21, 2011, 08:52:12 PM

Sad thing is you probably believe that to be true.

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: dublinfella on February 21, 2011, 10:29:28 PM
Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 09:40:26 PM

Designed to be? Really? Can you dig out the 'dual purpose' plans for me then please?

The plans? Ya here is the main thing imagine a big long green thing called a field like whats in it now but extended longer you moron. That stadium will never be finihed, certainly there is no need for it to be developed for Shamrock Rovers anyway there is plenty of space for their fans and their imaginery fans :), a guy told me there was a coupld of hundred to see the trophy being paraded around the pitch. :D

dublinfella

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on February 21, 2011, 11:12:58 PM
The plans? Ya here is the main thing imagine a big long green thing called a field like whats in it now but extended longer you moron. That stadium will never be finihed, certainly there is no need for it to be developed for Shamrock Rovers anyway there is plenty of space for their fans and their imaginery fans :), a guy told me there was a coupld of hundred to see the trophy being paraded around the pitch. :D

So thats a no....

The stadium was NEVER designed to be dual use, hence the court case to get it designed.

And you are calling me a moron?  :D

Main Street

A club would need permission from CC before doing anything, construct/take loans etc.
Afaiu, any GAA club property is vested in a number  trustees  who are appointed by the Province/ CC  and who swear to follow the GAA constitution. If the trustees follow the GAA procedures, they are not held financially responsible for actions taken on behalf of the club.
All that should be clear enough in the club constitution.

If a trustee gives a personal guarantee for a loan, that would be a different matter, wouldn't it?