Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 11, 2015, 08:32:50 PM
It's not about Liam.  There's others.  But how can a county like antrim afford not to put out there best players?  By the way. He's been there and done it on the biggest stage of all. People may not like him as a person,people who don't no him. your looking like one of those people now, but you cant argue with him as a hurler.  I've said in the past. All I want is the best 15 on the field

Liam and Eddie. Cormac Donnelly maybe though injuries have not been kind to him.

Anyone else?

theskull1

When thing aren't going well in a club/county my default respiration is to consider how things could been done better if more people decided to commit more of their time coaching/supporting/contributing financially/staying positive etc. Sadly a large number of Antrim men like to remain bystanders with big opinions on how other people who get involved fcuked up or who weren't good enough to be involved. A shower of sniping hoors the lot of them. Imagine everyone of youse put the shoulder to the wheel how much better your clubs/counties fortune would be? Ah but no. Let's drive the daggers in to those that are trying to push their clubs/county forward but are struggling. Its the Antrim way
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Christy mcnaughton on Facebook:

"Don't know much about the situation but I'm just curious as to why Lguile arguably best team in county only have two players on it?"

We'd all love to know Christy.  :-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 12, 2015, 10:49:46 AM
When thing aren't going well in a club/county my default respiration is to consider how things could been done better if more people decided to commit more of their time coaching/supporting/contributing financially/staying positive etc. Sadly a large number of Antrim men like to remain bystanders with big opinions on how other people who get involved fcuked up or who weren't good enough to be involved. A shower of sniping hoors the lot of them. Imagine everyone of youse put the shoulder to the wheel how much better your clubs/counties fortune would be? Ah but no. Let's drive the daggers in to those that are trying to push their clubs/county forward but are struggling. Its the Antrim way
sometimes when people are willing to make a contribution they're ignored. Our club has been doing its fair share of bringing on young talent with the help of a myriad of coaches. I'm sure it's the same within most other clubs. Sneering from on high helps no one.

manballandall

Chrissy should read this forum , he'll get all the answers he needs on here  ;)

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on April 12, 2015, 10:49:46 AM
what do you???  I do plenty for my club I assure you, as for county,my belief is you need to be in a certain click to have anything to do with it.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: manballandall on April 12, 2015, 01:18:35 PM
Chrissy should read this forum , he'll get all the answers he needs on here  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/32276396

It appears Kevin happy enough to talk to any of us that wants to talk to him.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 12, 2015, 11:16:56 AM
Christy mcnaughton on Facebook:

"Don't know much about the situation but I'm just curious as to why Lguile arguably best team in county only have two players on it?"

We'd all love to know Christy.  :-X

Change the record your starting get on my wick at this stage
Tell me what players from LG should be playing and why
Let's call a spade a spade here you don't like KR because he doesnt t treat your  club any different to any other
Spare me all the mc manus tripe to
L watson has fallen out and left or told to f..k off by every county manager he played under
Eddie got his shot and didn't Set the world alight ( great club player though)
what others LG players should be there
IF LG had 10 players starting yesterday and we stayed up I would be delighted
If we have more dall players starting your disgusted regardless of results
You are devaluing your status on here with going over the same old rap for 3 years plus
Stop repeating and tell us your Player selection and system, management and county board executives that's going to improve us
Something tells me you havnt got a clue
The last time we started with 8 LG players was v Limerick just after they had won there club Ireland when Jim Nelson ( RIP) stepped in and we got absolutely tanked
Sue ask christy what he thinks if your taking his social media views as gospel
What a absolute joke you are
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

You really are an angry little man nah.  ::). Relax lad, it isn't the end of the world but it is my County too. I'll post what I like within the rules of the board. If you don't like them don't read them.

I've already put my team selection up a few pages back.  :-\

hurlingstick

"There's definitely a realisation that some of the lads probably haven't got what we thought they have." - KR

We've openly known on this forum for some time that many of the players in that squad are nowhere  near good enough, particularly the attacking players. There is so much drivel spewed on here about who is not in the squad (especially from certain individuals). KR should go now and ask Winker Watson , Eddie McCloskey , Shea Casey , Ni gel Elliott, Saul McCaughan, Karl Stewart, Nicky Mckeague (i'm sure there are others) onto the panel. Obey the rules and toe the line. If we'd all our best players playing we wouldn't be in this predicament. Can't blame the manager. He has a terrible squad of players.

imtommygunn

How many counties though have all their best players playing for them? If you read other threads most non "top table" counties have x, y and z missing.

We are only about 2 or 3 away from our best team. Most other counties of similar standard are too. It gives a lot of people excuses to make and axes to grind etc but I don't think that is why we are where we are. At the minute the standard just isn't good enough for the division.

It does sometimes read on this thread that certain people take pleasure from seeing this kind of thing happen >:(

Sniping aside this result is a disaster. We have a lot of young guys playing who would benefit greatly from division one hurling and this will seriously curb their development :-\

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2015, 03:07:30 PM
How many counties though have all their best players playing for them? If you read other threads most non "top table" counties have x, y and z missing.

We are only about 2 or 3 away from our best team. Most other counties of similar standard are too. It gives a lot of people excuses to make and axes to grind etc but I don't think that is why we are where we are. At the minute the standard just isn't good enough for the division.

It does sometimes read on this thread that certain people take pleasure from seeing this kind of thing happen >:(

Sniping aside this result is a disaster. We have a lot of young guys playing who would benefit greatly from division one hurling and this will seriously curb their development :-\

I agree.

Shortly and Clarkie have given it a lash in attack. The rest not up to that level of hurling. Indisputable, the proof is in the pudding. If ifs and buts were bolts and nuts......if we had any of those 4 alongside Shorty and Clarkie we would still be in 1b.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 12, 2015, 02:49:55 PM
You really are an angry little man nah.  ::). Relax lad, it isn't the end of the world but it is my County too. I'll post what I like within the rules of the board. If you don't like them don't read them.

I've already put my team selection up a few pages back.  :-\

Just read your team selection
Yeah that would make a difference only one of them i woukd rather be in 2 b than placate him
The rest wouldn't make a lot of difference
As for angry and little not that little and just angry with repetitive dribble
Change the record your just repeating yourself

Seamroga in exile

So are you nah. We have different opinions. That should be fair enough, but you seem to get angry about it. I'm just bemused by it. I think a lot more can be done about the current situation, and before you or anyone else says anything, I'm not in a position to do anything about it. I don't live in loughgiel, I haven't done so for quite some time but I try to get to matches as often as I can.

I know some of the players on the loughgiel team,  I also know some of the players from other clubs on the County panel. So whatever I Post on here is what I've been told in the full knowledge that they know who I am on here.

As for changing the record, perhaps if things change in the upper echelons of Antrim hurling or we actually start playing hurling like I know we can, I will.  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 12, 2015, 03:46:23 PM
So are you nah. We have different opinions. That should be fair enough, but you seem to get angry about it. I'm just bemused by it. I think a lot more can be done about the current situation, and before you or anyone else says anything, I'm not in a position to do anything about it. I don't live in loughgiel, I haven't done so for quite some time but I try to get to matches as often as I can.

I know some of the players on the loughgiel team,  I also know some of the players from other clubs on the County panel. So whatever I Post on here is what I've been told in the full knowledge that they know who I am on here.

As for changing the record, perhaps if things change in the upper echelons of Antrim hurling or we actually start playing hurling like I know we can, I will.  ;)

Well someone just posted a link which you failed to comment on
KR has invited anybody to an audience looking for ways to improve
Since you are one of the fourum members that is the most disgruntled with his management regime and you think there are better players and systems of management then you and the like seem to be the people he is looking to consult with
So instead of always repeating yourself on here where your musings has no effective returns give the guy a call and meet with him
He's seems very genuine about listening to anybody with alternative views
Or alternatively stay on here posting in parrot mode at the annoyance of everybody else