Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on February 25, 2016, 01:30:35 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35652047

Manchester United v Midtjylland: Van Gaal says Reds are feeling 'horny'

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal urges his players to show desire and be "horny" against FC Midtjylland in the second leg of their Europa League last-32 tie.

Well I suppose it has been a while since they have shown real desire, so being 'horny' would at least look like they want to stand up and be courted counted.  :D

I see Giggs in scripting his Press conferences now!

Maroon Manc

LVG battling to save his job tonight, just don't see how he could survive if we went out although surely even this United team can win tonight. I'm not looking forward to Sunday though, expecting Arsenal to come to OT and win.

Rojo & Valencia are both back training but I'd imagine they won't be back for the next few fixtures. Regan Poole will probably be on the bench tonight although I haven't a clue how he's managed to propel himself ahead of Ro-Shaun Williams in the pecking order given he's played no more than a few matches in the u21's; Marcus Rashford will probably be on the bench tonight, he's got a chance of making it at OT but thats a good few years off; I think this is the first season he's played as a centre forward so he's got a lot to learn but is very quick and is a good finisher.

Considering the millions City have thrown at their academy and the millions been spent on youth level players they didn't make much of an impression last weekend and don't recall too many mancs starting, some of the stories I've heard about figures is astonishing.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 25, 2016, 02:57:24 PM
LVG battling to save his job tonight, just don't see how he could survive if we went out although surely even this United team can win tonight. I'm not looking forward to Sunday though, expecting Arsenal to come to OT and win.
Smalling the latest injured. The team out injured is easily better than the one that will start tonight.

De Gea
  Darmian  Smalling  Jones  Shaw
     Schweinsteiger  Fellaini
   Valencia   Januzaj    Young
              Rooney

Not sure if the Danish will beat a patched up United side tonight as they only need a draw,  Arsenal should certainly win on Sunday.

StGallsGAA

Carrick at RB and Joe Riley at LB!   Sit back in your seats and enjoy the ride!! :)

oakleaflad

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 25, 2016, 07:35:39 PM
Carrick at RB and Joe Riley at LB!   Sit back in your seats and enjoy the ride!! :)
Varela is at right back, looks like Carrick and Blind will be the centre halfs though :S Rojo and McNair on the bench.

GJL

Smalling a big loss. One of Utd's top performers this season.

GJL

Boycey

Looking forward to seeing how Rashford gets on at this level...

Over the Bar

Sums the season up perfectly...

Cunny Funt

Danish scored with their first attack. A patched up United side will do well to turn this tie around now. As I type 1-1.

StGallsGAA

QuoteLooking forward to seeing how Rashford gets on at this level...
Did ok.

Arsenal defenders will be sweating now! ;)

Farrandeelin

It's only Midtjylland though. Arsenal on Sunday will provide the real test. Can't see Utd getting anything from that one but there's always hope I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Fair play to United they didn't just turn the tie around but completely dominated the game. Marcus Rashford name will be googled plenty tonight.

GJL

Memphis MOTM. He was first class and full of tricks. Needs to perform in the bigger games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 25, 2016, 08:38:35 PM
Danish scored with their first attack. A patched up United side will do well to turn this tie around now. As I type 1-1.

How'd that go??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea