Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Onana deal signed and sealed. Eyes now on Hojlund.

Piskin

United now need a striker

Armagh18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 18, 2023, 04:15:25 PM
Jonny Evans on his way back on a short term deal. If Harry Maguire doesn't get the message now he never will lol.
thought he was just there to train while he looked for a club? Still far better than Maguire

AustinPowers

Quote from: GJL on July 18, 2023, 04:42:49 PM

What's this gk  like? I  never seen him play

BuzzCagney

Quote from: statto on July 18, 2023, 09:32:03 AM
On the latest episode of BBC Radio Manchester's The Devils' Advocate podcast, Two Door Cinema Club's Kevin Baird thinks Marcus Rashford should be Manchester United's next captain: "He's the best player, he's from Manchester and he'll be there forever, hopefully. I think we should groom him to be the next captain of the club.

"I love that he is able to balance being an incredible footballer with being a good human being. That is exactly what we should want from our captain. In the modern world, we want our players to have opinions and stand up for what's right."

Whats the thoughts on this from the United supporters?  Bruno probably the favourite but some of his behaviours may not be befitting of a captain.  Some rattlies threw out if doesn't get it I would imagine. 

Varane possibly an option but won't be around for that long given age profile.  Martinez wouldn't be a bad shout either.  ETH seems to be bringing better characters into the squad, last 3 captains Maguire, Young and Valencia which probably tells you where they are since fergie left.

Casemiro or Varane for captain Fernandes and Rashford no leaders whe  going gets tough.

BuzzCagney

Diallo deserves a chance. Is Greenwood been loaned out? I see he listed on Man Utd squad on their website.

Capt Pat

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 18, 2023, 11:23:07 PM

Didn't catch the champions league final against city then?
Or the champions league classic against Spurs in the 2019 semi final. Ajax would have cruised into the final if Onana hadn't decided to make a game of it by going for a ball his defender was about to clear, colliding with the defender, failing to claim the ball gifting Spurs a goal and a route back into the game.

Then there is his 9 month doping suspension. An accident according to him

AustinPowers

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 19, 2023, 12:06:33 AM

Or the champions league classic against Spurs in the 2019 semi final. Ajax would have cruised into the final if Onana hadn't decided to make a game of it by going for a ball his defender was about to clear, colliding with the defender, failing to claim the ball gifting Spurs a goal and a route back into the game.

Nope , the CL doesn't really  interest me any more. Think I caught the last 5-10 minutes this year , and that was the total  I watched all season

Hmmm, sounds like a  great buy!  :o

Walter Cronc

He's very good on the ball from what I've seen. Bit mental mind you. Maybe like a Bartez.

jcpen

Why would a Goalkeeper need to dope!  Sounds like a bit of a character !
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

trailer

Quote from: jcpen on July 19, 2023, 06:57:39 AM

Why would a Goalkeeper need to dope!  Sounds like a bit of a character !

He'll need a good start. If he makes a few mistakes the pressure will be on.

barnish oggie

He also played against us in the 2017 EL final.

The doping incident he was cleared of any intentional wrongdoing.

What he took wasn't a doping product, it was one that is used to mask the detection of a PED.

I am pretty sure when tested for any PEDs he was clear, but he got the ban on a technicality because the masking agent isn't allowed to be taken.

He will cause a good few scary moments, time to invest in the Rennies now!

But it looks like he will transform our playing method from the De Gea days.

Yes, he might not make the eye catching point blank saves, but he isn't afraid to come and claim crosses and can pass to a team mate.

I trust in ETH and his assessment of him and if h thinks he is good enoug that is enough for me.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: barnish oggie on July 20, 2023, 09:06:17 AM

What he took wasn't a doping product, it was one that is used to mask the detection of a PED.

I am pretty sure when tested for any PEDs he was clear, but he got the ban on a technicality because the masking agent isn't allowed to be taken.

Yes, he might not make the eye catching point blank saves, but he isn't afraid to come and claim crosses and can pass to a team mate.

I trust in ETH and his assessment of him and if h thinks he is good enoug that is enough for me.

Fabian Bartez part 2! I hope they kept a lock of De Gea's hair to clone a hybrid of him & Onana lol

clonian

Dave wasn't making the simple saves either though, he had turned into a 'stopper of great shots' as opposed to a great shot stopper. His expected saves were in the bottom 6 keepers in the league last year. He comes for less crosses than a U12 keeper too. He was great at a point but he never should of got the last contract. There wasn't any more teams looking him then than there is now if we're honest.

There'll be a bedding in period for Onana and a few mistakes no doubt but it'll improve the team in the long run.

barnish oggie

Quote from: clonian on July 20, 2023, 02:01:01 PM

Dave wasn't making the simple saves either though, he had turned into a 'stopper of great shots' as opposed to a great shot stopper. His expected saves were in the bottom 6 keepers in the league last year. He comes for less crosses than a U12 keeper too. He was great at a point but he never should of got the last contract. There wasn't any more teams looking him then than there is now if we're honest.

There'll be a bedding in period for Onana and a few mistakes no doubt but it'll improve the team in the long run.

Yeah that is what I meant De Gea only seemed to make great saves, the simple ones not so much.......and he was always pinned to his goal line, terrified he would get hit.

He was a great servant but since the WC in 2018 he has been in a steady decline, which has accelerated in the last 18 months.