The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Last time I was in court I heard a priceless exchange between a suspect and their attorney in the lobby

The guy was claiming that he was a victim of mistaken identity and that it wasn't him caught on CCTV doing whatever it was he was being charged with.

The Attorney asked him could anyone vouch for him and provide an alibi.

He said yes....there was someone, but he only knew their nickname not their real name.

And he didn't know exactly where they lived, but they lived in one of the (sketchy) motels along a well known highway

And he tried to call them but their phone was disconnected.

I didn't wait around but I'm sure the judge took the "alibi" with a pinch of salt

Itchy

Did you all hear that Donald Trump called the International Criminal Court prosecutor as "Outrageous". The Charges against Israel could be "causing extermination, causing starvation as a method of war, including the denial of humanitarian relief supplies, deliberately targeting civilians in conflict" according to the chief prosecutor.

Another shocking attack by Trump on law and order. This man cannot be allowed be president of America, the land of the free.

Rossfan

Their choice is him or Biden who also criticised the Court for daring to go after Netanyahu.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on Today at 10:30:57 AMTheir choice is him or Biden who also criticised the Court for daring to go after Netanyahu.

I was being sarcastic, Trump didnt say that it was Biden. But if you werent told would you know the difference?

J70

It's degree lads. The Republicans want to give carte blanche to Israel. They're going mad at Biden for even pausing the shipments of 2000 lb bombs, with the House officially "rebuking" him recently. They're on tv arguing that the Gazan civilians are fair game because they elected and support Hamas. You think it's bad for the Palestinians now? Just wait till Trump wins and the GOP take back the Senate this autumn.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on Today at 02:10:15 PMIt's degree lads. The Republicans want to give carte blanche to Israel. They're going mad at Biden for even pausing the shipments of 2000 lb bombs, with the House officially "rebuking" him recently. They're on tv arguing that the Gazan civilians are fair game because they elected and support Hamas. You think it's bad for the Palestinians now? Just wait till Trump wins and the GOP take back the Senate this autumn.

I know of Republicans who wouldn't care if every single resident of Gaza was killed

Their logic is that the Palestinians voted in Hamas, so they now need to live with the consequences