Good call with Barcelona,what a great city I have been there a few times
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: LeoMc on November 09, 2009, 11:38:41 AM
Quote from: Stagmeister on November 09, 2009, 05:53:44 AM
Quote from: bailestil on November 07, 2009, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 07, 2009, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 07, 2009, 01:02:30 PM
Yosemite (pronounced Yo-sem-it-ee) Park in California. Breathtaking...was there a few yaers ago. If any one can post a pic of it would appreciate it. I don't know how to post pics. (or better still PM me with instructions how to post a photo..thanks). 

Is it worth going Fox? Going on a driving tour of California and Las Vegas/Grand Canyon for honeymoon next year and was wondering what route to take..

would agree with yosemite. Done the LA/SF/Vegas drive last year and yosemite was one of the highlights. stunning scenery.
During summer Tioga pass is open and you can drive over to mammoth lakes and on to vegas. In winter you have to double back on yourself.

I also done the driving tour of California / Vegas last year, Yosemite was definitely the highlight of the trip for me, its unbelievable, some of the scenery there is so good it actually looks fake, also home to the worlds largest trees. Overall its a great trip lots of other highlights like the Big Sur, San Fran and San Diego, not to mention Vegas!

Thinking of hreading that road myself next year. Want to see San Fran and Yosemite. Whatare the must see's. I will have 2-3 weeks. Is there anything else I could squeeze in?

Have 2-3 weeks planned oursleves..
Maybe a silly question but is it better to do the Big Sur drive going from San Fran to LA or the other way around?
I dunno which city to start in,all I know is I'll finish in Las Vegas for 4 days
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Quote from: CĂșig huaire on November 07, 2009, 09:20:46 PM

San Fran, best city I have ever been to.

The Mila Viaduct, I have a thing about bridges, this is the best at least until we get our own bridge at Narrow Water.

Hawaii`s Big Island, home to the worlds biggest mountain, Mauna Loa and also Kilauea the worlds most active volcano.

No place like home.

It is a unique city to say the least, the people are strange and the food is top notch and the place has a ton of character. I went there with the family on holiday and the wife loved the place, we are going back next year.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Blegard

Quote from: FermGael on November 07, 2009, 12:35:59 PM
Nigaloo Reef, Western Australia

Unspoilt natural beauty.
Loved that place. Drilled a few wells offshore and onshore in Exmouth in a previous life
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

SLIGONIAN

My Home NORTH SLIGO ;D

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

NORTH SLIGO

SLIGONIAN

Caid

Sligo is (literally?) a poor man's Donegal
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Caid on November 09, 2009, 06:10:03 PM
Sligo is (literally?) a poor man's Donegal

Pictures speak for themselves.  ;)

As Yeats said "The Land of Hearts Desire" ;D

Sandino

That Horseshoe loop is one very beautiful walk/drive. Its one of the hidden gems of the North West.

I have to say that many cities are nice etc. but Paris is class no matter how often I visit it i still get goosebumps.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

boojangles

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 09, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
Quote from: boojangles on November 09, 2009, 02:43:00 PM

Boston,MA Something special about the place.

Barcelona

Coral Beach,Connemara-absolutely beautiful

you are such a show off boo jangles, posting pics

Haha :D :D You jealous. Thanks for the advice. Im still perfecting it, hence the small pics but I think I know where I went wrong.

guevara

"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Onion Bag

Maui, Hawaii

Vegas,

These were my Honeymoon spots, unbeliveable
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

CiKe

Vikos Gorge from Beloi Viewpoint in Zagoria, Greece:

Drakolimni lake under the Towers of Mt Astraka, looking across to Mt Gamila and out over the Ayoos valley (again in Zagoria, Greece)

CiKe

I see a few of you have mentioned Yosemite. Have always thought would love to do it, and was thinking of doing that or similar at some stage next summer.

Have done a reasonable amount of hiking before and by the time get around to doing it, myself and the missus will be in better shape so would like to do some sort of circular route if possible for 5-7 days, probably up to maximum of 20km a day

Could anyone tell me if I was to do one of Yosemite or Yellowstone which it should be? Or what about Banff?