Best Places in the World..

Started by 5 Sams, November 06, 2009, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

The Buccaneer Archipelago in the very north of Western Australia, due north of Derby.  Over 1000 islands in pristine water (don't go swimming in a hurry though...croc country), with some of the world's highest tides.

Cockatoo Island, Iron Ore mine with the richest seam of iron in the world (supposedly).  I used to land on the wee 1000m airstrip.

Koolan Island, southeast of Cockatoo Island.  Not a pretty site in itself, but the Bucaneer Archipelago is sensational.  The airstrip used to be about 760m long and was in the Guinness Book Of Records as the longest par golf hole in the world.  When mining started up again, we began flying C208s in and had to have the strip lengthened to about 900m.  Taking off with a 400ft cliff drop below you is serious pucker factor.  Never boring. :o
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Stagmeister

Quote from: bailestil on November 07, 2009, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 07, 2009, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 07, 2009, 01:02:30 PM
Yosemite (pronounced Yo-sem-it-ee) Park in California. Breathtaking...was there a few yaers ago. If any one can post a pic of it would appreciate it. I don't know how to post pics. (or better still PM me with instructions how to post a photo..thanks). 

Is it worth going Fox? Going on a driving tour of California and Las Vegas/Grand Canyon for honeymoon next year and was wondering what route to take..

would agree with yosemite. Done the LA/SF/Vegas drive last year and yosemite was one of the highlights. stunning scenery.
During summer Tioga pass is open and you can drive over to mammoth lakes and on to vegas. In winter you have to double back on yourself.

I also done the driving tour of California / Vegas last year, Yosemite was definitely the highlight of the trip for me, its unbelievable, some of the scenery there is so good it actually looks fake, also home to the worlds largest trees. Overall its a great trip lots of other highlights like the Big Sur, San Fran and San Diego, not to mention Vegas!

boojangles

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 08, 2009, 09:32:48 PM
Quote from: boojangles on November 08, 2009, 08:41:41 PM
Have been a member of the Board for a few years now but still can't upload photos.Anybody care to direct me?

Ok here it goes Boojangles,

(1) search for your picture
(2) Right Click on it
(3) Scroll down and Click on Properties
(4) Copy the Address
(5) Paste it onto the page
(6) Highlight it and click on the insert picture icon (The one under the B)

and Bobs your uncle, i hope you can understand this OK, let me know how you get on

Thanks Onion Bag,appreciate it.Im obviously doin sometin wrong though as all Im gettin up is this little boxes with the red X.I followed your instructions but dunno what went wrong. I have saved the pictures on to a file.Should I be copying from their original location of does it matter?

LeoMc

Quote from: Stagmeister on November 09, 2009, 05:53:44 AM
Quote from: bailestil on November 07, 2009, 05:34:46 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 07, 2009, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 07, 2009, 01:02:30 PM
Yosemite (pronounced Yo-sem-it-ee) Park in California. Breathtaking...was there a few yaers ago. If any one can post a pic of it would appreciate it. I don't know how to post pics. (or better still PM me with instructions how to post a photo..thanks). 

Is it worth going Fox? Going on a driving tour of California and Las Vegas/Grand Canyon for honeymoon next year and was wondering what route to take..

would agree with yosemite. Done the LA/SF/Vegas drive last year and yosemite was one of the highlights. stunning scenery.
During summer Tioga pass is open and you can drive over to mammoth lakes and on to vegas. In winter you have to double back on yourself.

I also done the driving tour of California / Vegas last year, Yosemite was definitely the highlight of the trip for me, its unbelievable, some of the scenery there is so good it actually looks fake, also home to the worlds largest trees. Overall its a great trip lots of other highlights like the Big Sur, San Fran and San Diego, not to mention Vegas!

Thinking of hreading that road myself next year. Want to see San Fran and Yosemite. Whatare the must see's. I will have 2-3 weeks. Is there anything else I could squeeze in?

stpauls

2 of my favourite places in the world:

Munich

Hamilton Island

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Onion Bag

Quote from: boojangles on November 09, 2009, 11:26:54 AM
Have been a member of the Board for a few years now but still can't upload photos.Anybody care to direct me?

(2) Right Click on it
(4) Copy the Address

and Bobs your uncle, i hope you can understand this OK, let me know how you get on

Thanks Onion Bag,appreciate it.Im obviously doin sometin wrong though as all Im gettin up is this little boxes with the red X.I followed your instructions but dunno what went wrong. I have saved the pictures on to a file.Should I be copying from their original location of does it matter?
[/quote

Im not sure if it matters or not, maybe someone else can help, i always take them from Google Images, Keep trying
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Caid

Quote from: boojangles on November 09, 2009, 11:26:54 AM

(2) Right Click on it
(4) Copy the Address

You need to use a link rather than a file from your computer.  I think if you ahve a file on your comp you would need to upload it to photobucket or flickr.

When you have a link to a picture (if the link is to a website with a load of stuff on it rather than just the image you may get a red box) I do the following

[ img]
http://www.????
[ /img]

but with no spaces in the img bit
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Sean3

Hajarah in the Haraz, Yemen. Unspoilt, bleak and beautiful

Varanasi. Couldn't say it's the most beautiful place but it's certainly an experience and leaves a deep impression

The Crac des Chevaliers in Syria.

boojangles

Boston,MA Something special about the place.

Barcelona

Coral Beach,Connemara-absolutely beautiful

Declan

My favourite spot from my travels down under - cape tribulation and the daintree rainforest

Victoria Falls - still a great place despite the lunacy of Mugabe's Zimbabwe

High Wide and Handsome

Chicago. Cant get the pic I want cut and pasted into the thread but its a fav spot of mine.
"Swing er over!"

Sandino

Not sure if this will link but one of the most stunning places I have ever been.

not my own photo but the NT in Australia is some place!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

blewuporstuffed

Australia in general is incredible,especially some of the more unspoilt places,but the cities are class too. sydney for  in and around the harbour is hard to whack, but then melbourne is an amazing city to live in.
new zealand is stunning aswell, and queenstown has a great buzz about it for a small town.
in europe i thought barcelona was a great city
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onion Bag

Quote from: boojangles on November 09, 2009, 02:43:00 PM

Boston,MA Something special about the place.

Barcelona

Coral Beach,Connemara-absolutely beautiful

you are such a show off boo jangles, posting pics

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!