Roscommon's next Manager

Started by Rossfan, July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Moysider you are way off the mark, a manager with designs on the mayo job? Now if ever there was a poisoned chalice then its the Mayo job, this new management team of Mayos have found no new players this year and are just shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic, they are in last chance saloon and even if they do win sam this year there is not another run in that squad and there is nothing to replace them.
It will be back to 2010 shortly for ye lads sooner rather than later.
I fail to see how taking on a small county like Roscommon could damage any managers reputation.
If a manager does his job properly he will get reasonable results out of Ros, there is a good panel of players there and progress can be made, and no we are not talking about winning all-irelands. 

muppet

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 12, 2015, 11:49:48 PM
Moysider you are way off the mark, a manager with designs on the mayo job? Now if ever there was a poisoned chalice then its the Mayo job, this new management team of Mayos have found no new players this year and are just shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic, they are in last chance saloon and even if they do win sam this year there is not another run in that squad and there is nothing to replace them.
I fail to see how taking on a small county like Roscommon could damage any managers reputation.
If a manager does his job properly he will get reasonable results out of Ros, there is a good panel of players there and progress can be made, and no we are not talking about winning all-irelands.

Patrick Durcan is new and he came on in every game to date.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

No it wont. That was a Div 1 team that has been there longer than most I think. The players were good enough to stay in Div 1 even though the manager had his eyes closed.

The expectations in Ros is that they can do what Mayo have been doing and maybe better. Some of the Ros. posters refer to good U21 teams as an attraction for prospective interested managers. Not relevant and neither are better players on successful club teams (Crossmaglen, Brigids, Corofin e.g)

Mayo won an AI a couple of years ago but unlikely to get more than a couple of players out of that.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 13, 2015, 12:19:32 AM

No it wont. That was a Div 1 team that has been there longer than most I think. The players were good enough to stay in Div 1 even though the manager had his eyes closed.

The expectations in Ros is that they can do what Mayo have been doing and maybe better. Some of the Ros. posters refer to good U21 teams as an attraction for prospective interested managers. Not relevant and neither are better players on successful club teams (Crossmaglen, Brigids, Corofin e.g)

Mayo won an AI a couple of years ago but unlikely to get more than a couple of players out of that.

That's on you. We've lost few if any of our talented minors through the cracks in recent years.

Mayo4Sam

Talk about covering your arse, what a clown
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Wait until the 2006 Roscommon minor team grow up. God help us all then.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2015, 11:10:17 AM
They can't grow up till ye win Sam  ;D
I see on hoganstand ( !! yes I know I shouldn't) that a Committee is to be formed next week to search for a new man and will have a name before the September Co Board Meeting. They mustn't be going to look too long or too far away ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2015, 11:10:17 AM

Sure we are waiting for the 2006 under 21 team to grow up and sort Sam out for us!  :P

Syferus

The players are far from happy about this. They'd went to bat to keep Evans and their decision to almost unanimously support him was a driving force behind the CB supporting Evans for another term. It's more than a bit disgusting to see a manager removed because a few lads are waving bags of money in the face of the county. The clubs have a lot to answer for seeing as they've been bought so easily.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Ye could try poach Jason Ryan. We would be devastated if he left.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 03:02:36 PM
The players are far from happy about this. They'd went to bat to keep Evans and their decision to almost unanimously support him was a driving force behind the CB supporting Evans for another term. It's more than a bit disgusting to see a manager removed because a few lads are waving bags of money in the face of the county. The clubs have a lot to answer for seeing as they've been bought so easily.
The Clubs won't be getting any money from any one. A goodly number of them decided that they would oppose the Kerryman's reappointment as they, like most people in the County felt that he wasn't capable of taking us any further.
I suspect some players may be afraid that a new man will wield an axe which might be no harm.
Go back 3 and a half years when Des was fcukn up everything so bad that even the bushes knew that he wasn't preparing the team for modern day football. Yet not a peep out of the players as they just turned up like sheep and did what they were told.
Anyway the best way for players to keep a manager is to deliver on the field.
I can't believe the amount of pro Evans sh1te that's being spouted on stolensheep. You'd think we had won 3 Connachts and an All Ireland under him  :o instead of a NFL3,NFL2 and a FBD while bombing in the Championship 2 years in a row.( I'd forgive him anything in 2013 as he was trying to put humpty dumpty together again after the Shannon Gaels maestro)

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2015, 03:43:15 PM
The Clubs won't be getting any money from any one. A goodly number of them decided that they would oppose the Kerryman's reappointment as they, like most people in the County felt that he wasn't capable of taking us any further.
I suspect some players may be afraid that a new man will wield an axe which might be no harm.
Go back 3 and a half years when Des was fcukn up everything so bad that even the bushes knew that he wasn't preparing the team for modern day football. Yet not a peep out of the players as they just turned up like sheep and did what they were told.
I can't believe the amount of pro Evans sh1te that's being spouted on stolensheep. You'd think we had won 3 Connachts and an All Ireland under him  :o instead of a NFL3,NFL2 and a FBD while bombing in the Championship 2 years in a row.( I'd forgive him anything in 2013 as he was trying to put humpty dumpty together again after the Shannon Gaels maestro)

What garbage have you dredged here?

A bunch of the panel fucked off after the Galway game, players were seen being petulant on the sideline during matches, the whole year there was rumours of ructions in the camp. Trying to compare that to Evans is an insult to the Kerryman, the panel and basic intelligence.

muppet

Was this what happened Liam Sammon at Galway, when JK was parachuted in, by helicopter?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 03:52:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2015, 03:43:15 PM
The players are far from happy about this. They'd went to bat to keep Evans

What garbage have you dredged here?

s rumours of ructions in the camp. Trying to compare that to Evans is an insult to the Kerryman, the panel and basic intelligence.

I'm saying what a pity we didn't hear from the players then!!! Mind you you were singing Des' praises all over the place that year too ;)
Am I the only one to be worried that our players seem happy to be losing to Sligo and Fermanagh and in the process show a total lack of the intensity required for Championship football?
If they are then they shouldn't be playing inter Co football.

giveballaghback

You are way off the mark there rosfan and I cant believe you would even think that, these lads have put in a hard shift since last October and whatever happened it was not for lack of commtment from these young lads, look somewhere else for excuses, I am very disappointed that any Ros fan would even think that.