Roscommon's next Manager

Started by Rossfan, July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Mayo won 4 in a row at u21 level 06 to 09, very lucky in 09 against us I might add, they have won none since and have not beaten Roscommon in 5 tries since, these chickens are coming home to roost, so keep whistling as ye pass the graveyard, now would ye ever .... off back to yere own thread and worry about Dublin.

Rossfan

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 13, 2015, 07:27:20 PM
You are way off the mark there rosfan and I cant believe you would even think that, these lads have put in a hard shift since last October and whatever happened it was not for lack of commtment from these young lads, look somewhere else for excuses, I am very disappointed that any Ros fan would even think that.
Never accused them of lack of committment.
As a team we didn't seem to be able to cope with Sligo or Armagh or Fermanagh playing with Championship intensity.
Was this down to Evans or a lot of players who are happy to give the time and committment but can't step up to Championship?
If it's down to Evans' preparation and they as alleged wanted JE to stay I can be forgiven for thinking they are not shockin ambitious.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2015, 08:13:42 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 13, 2015, 07:27:20 PM
You are way off the mark there rosfan and I cant believe you would even think that, these lads have put in a hard shift since last October and whatever happened it was not for lack of commtment from these young lads, look somewhere else for excuses, I am very disappointed that any Ros fan would even think that.
Never accused them of lack of committment.
As a team we didn't seem to be able to cope with Sligo or Armagh or Fermanagh playing with Championship intensity.
Was this down to Evans or a lot of players who are happy to give the time and committment but can't step up to Championship?
If it's down to Evans' preparation and they as alleged wanted JE to stay I can be forgiven for thinking they are not shockin ambitious.

Only a deaf man could think Evans and the panel weren't ambitious.

manfromdelmonte

I'm sure there's plenty of players happy to get a new manager in.
You won't hear from those lads though.

Same in any club or county

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 09:10:05 PM

Only a deaf man could think Evans and the panel weren't ambitious.
Deaf man?????
WTF???

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 04:30:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 03:02:36 PM
The players are far from happy about this. They'd went to bat to keep Evans and their decision to almost unanimously support him was a driving force behind the CB supporting Evans for another term. It's more than a bit disgusting to see a manager removed because a few lads are waving bags of money in the face of the county. The clubs have a lot to answer for seeing as they've been bought so easily.

Was this what happened Liam Sammon at Galway, when JK was parachuted in, by helicopter?

It took me a minute to figure out who JK was. God, you forget the antics Galway have been up to in the past ten years looking for a manager. Did Tomás Ó Flaitheartha do a stint there as well? Peter Ford was about the best they had, and he got ran, of course. We'll wait and see yet on Walsh.

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2015, 03:43:15 PM
Go back 3 and a half years when Des was fcukn up everything so bad that even the bushes knew that he wasn't preparing the team for modern day football. Yet not a peep out of the players as they just turned up like sheep and did what they were told.

A bit rich having a go at the players for Des Newton's (brilliant corner back let it be said) management skills when Tony McManus (brilliant corner forward let it be said) was on the committee that selected him. Is that the same Tony who has been undermining John Evans in his weekly column in the Roscommon People.
And these sponsors who are going to bring us the messiah - are they the same sponsors who brought us Tommy Carr back in the day?
We are a great county for getting the bus to nowhere.

LilySavage

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 12:41:16 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 13, 2015, 12:19:32 AM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 12, 2015, 11:49:48 PM
Moysider you are way off the mark, a manager with designs on the mayo job? Now if ever there was a poisoned chalice then its the Mayo job, this new management team of Mayos have found no new players this year and are just shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic, they are in last chance saloon and even if they do win sam this year there is not another run in that squad and there is nothing to replace them.
It will be back to 2010 shortly for ye lads sooner rather than later.
I fail to see how taking on a small county like Roscommon could damage any managers reputation.
If a manager does his job properly he will get reasonable results out of Ros, there is a good panel of players there and progress can be made, and no we are not talking about winning all-irelands.

No it wont. That was a Div 1 team that has been there longer than most I think. The players were good enough to stay in Div 1 even though the manager had his eyes closed.

The expectations in Ros is that they can do what Mayo have been doing and maybe better. Some of the Ros. posters refer to good U21 teams as an attraction for prospective interested managers. Not relevant and neither are better players on successful club teams (Crossmaglen, Brigids, Corofin e.g)

Mayo won an AI a couple of years ago but unlikely to get more than a couple of players out of that.

That's on you. We've lost few if any of our talented minors through the cracks in recent years.

True, but they still get beaten by Sligo at senior. The '06 lads should be well able at this stage.

Don t get me wrong. It was great to see our minors win an AI. However at the time I said that it would have little bearing on senior and we d get damn all senior players from that group. Players that are potential senior players are as likely to be in a poor minor team that gets knocked out in first round as in one that wins an AI.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on August 13, 2015, 11:05:24 PM

We are a great county for getting the bus to nowhere.

Which is where we were going if JE was reappointed.
Anyone that can't see that after our 2015 Championship debacles in Markievicz and Brewster needs eyes tested.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: giveballaghback on August 13, 2015, 07:34:25 PM
Mayo won 4 in a row at u21 level 06 to 09, very lucky in 09 against us I might add, they have won none since and have not beaten Roscommon in 5 tries since, these chickens are coming home to roost, so keep whistling as ye pass the graveyard, now would ye ever .... off back to yere own thread and worry about Dublin.
That is rich!!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 13, 2015, 10:30:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 04:30:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 03:02:36 PM
The players are far from happy about this. They'd went to bat to keep Evans and their decision to almost unanimously support him was a driving force behind the CB supporting Evans for another term. It's more than a bit disgusting to see a manager removed because a few lads are waving bags of money in the face of the county. The clubs have a lot to answer for seeing as they've been bought so easily.

Was this what happened Liam Sammon at Galway, when JK was parachuted in, by helicopter?

It took me a minute to figure out who JK was. God, you forget the antics Galway have been up to in the past ten years looking for a manager. Did Tomás Ó Flaitheartha do a stint there as well? Peter Ford was about the best they had, and he got ran, of course. We'll wait and see yet on Walsh.
As opposed to the totally transparent process ye went through when replacing JH!!!

Shrewdness

Sticking to the thread title, who are we expecting to be among the candidates for this position. Hearing Kevin Mc Stay's name being mentioned with Liam Mc Hale or with Fergal O' Donnell. Of course, Mc Stay mightn't have any interest at all..Could Liam Kearns make a move to be main man, having been part of John Evans' backroom team? Will recent and current U-21 managers, Nigel Dineen and Mark Dowd fancy stepping up..A lot of talk that plenty of money available for the new set up re preparation etc. One, maybe two wealthy Rossies being mentioned.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on August 14, 2015, 11:56:51 AM
Sticking to the thread title, who are we expecting to be among the candidates for this position. Hearing Kevin Mc Stay's name being mentioned with Liam Mc Hale or with Fergal O' Donnell. Of course, Mc Stay mightn't have any interest at all..Could Liam Kearns make a move to be main man, having been part of John Evans' backroom team? Will recent and current U-21 managers, Nigel Dineen and Mark Dowd fancy stepping up..A lot of talk that plenty of money available for the new set up re preparation etc. One, maybe two wealthy Rossies being mentioned.

If the money men decided Evans wasn't good enough they are hardly going to go for his right-hand man.

Rossfan

A lot of good GAA people with no money also had come to the conclusion JE had no more to contribute.