Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Logan
Great show. The best of his series by a country mile. Great action, great story, solid performances. 8/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Boycey

The Founder, not sure if has been mentioned before as its been around a little while. Its the story behind McDonalds a lot of it I was aware of but a very good watch none the less. I watched it twice this week, once when I couldn't sleep the other night and again after I recommended it to the mrs and arrived home as her and the lad watched it last night.

stew

Quote from: Boycey on March 16, 2017, 01:23:58 PM
The Founder, not sure if has been mentioned before as its been around a little while. Its the story behind McDonalds a lot of it I was aware of but a very good watch none the less. I watched it twice this week, once when I couldn't sleep the other night and again after I recommended it to the mrs and arrived home as her and the lad watched it last night.

I never realized the Crocs were such hypocrites, both of them, still, they did some tremendous things with their fortune.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mrdeeds

Quote from: The Iceman on March 16, 2017, 12:06:35 PM
Logan
Great show. The best of his series by a country mile. Great action, great story, solid performances. 8/10

Watched it in cinema. Brilliant. Only realised how good an actor Patrick Stewart is watching it.

Boycey

TG4 now - The Dirty Dozen. They don't make em like that anymore   8)

Dinny Breen

Get Out - good show, hard to describe kind of Stepford Wives meets You're Next solid 7/10.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

McDonagh's new movie 3 Billboards Outside Epping Missouri looks mental/class!!!

If you haven't seen the trailer be sure to watch it...

WARNING DEFINITELY NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

PW Nally

Quote from: screenexile on March 27, 2017, 11:14:52 AM
McDonagh's new movie 3 Billboards Outside Epping Missouri looks mental/class!!!

If you haven't seen the trailer be sure to watch it...

WARNING DEFINITELY NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU
Looks excellent.

Man Marker

lurganblue

On Mother's day i even let the wife pick the film, so she put on "Jackie", the one about Jackie Kennedy.  It was so bad that even herself could only stick a half an hour of it (thank f*ck).  It was slow, dull and altogether too arty for my liking

mrdeeds

Watched Sully last night. Great viewing. How true is it about the aftermath?

What's the worst movie Tom Hanks has done? Joe versus the Volcano maybe.

Watched the Three Billboards trailer. Looks class. Loved Seven Psychopaths especially the scene where Christopher Walken is asked to put up his hands.

NAG1

Had the misfortune of watching The Great Wall - really poor

Re-watched No Country for Old Men, still find it a really good watch.

leenie

Beauty and beast - just amazing , couldn't reccomend it highly enough , spectalur cinema experience..
10/10
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Jell 0 Biafra

Gimme Danger, Jim Jarmusch doc on the Stooges.  Fantastic stuff.  I always liked their music, and saw them live a couple of times on their reunion tours, but didn't know much about their story.  Those boys did some hard living.

The Iceman

Split - James McAvoy
I liked it a lot. Sits with you. Great underlying story-line with the main female character.  Very interesting subject matter (multiple personalities disorder). I thought McAvoy was superb...Some thrilling moments. Nice twist at the end too... 7/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight