Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 11, 2016, 04:41:44 AM

[/b]Love and Friendship. Great if you like clever dialogue and period dramas where you don't mind having to concentrate to follow what's going on. I enjoyed it.[/b]

Emm thought it was ok .. Perhaps too much 'clever' dialogue and I wouldn't be fussed on Kate Beckinsale, it is witty though..

If you are going to the cinema with a female and she wants to see Mothers Day ( Jennifer Anniston, Julia Roberts ) drop to the floor and fake an injury/ illness or punch them either way do whatever it takes not to see this film.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

muppet

Quote from: leenie on June 15, 2016, 03:46:32 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 11, 2016, 04:41:44 AM

[/b]Love and Friendship. Great if you like clever dialogue and period dramas where you don't mind having to concentrate to follow what's going on. I enjoyed it.[/b]

Emm thought it was ok .. Perhaps too much 'clever' dialogue and I wouldn't be fussed on Kate Beckinsale, it is witty though..

If you are going to the cinema with a female and she wants to see Mothers Day ( Jennifer Anniston, Julia Roberts ) drop to the floor and fake an injury/ illness or punch them either way do whatever it takes not to see this film.

This is one of the best film reviews I have ever seen.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

mrdeeds

Deadpool. Unlike any movie I ever saw. From soundtrack to dialogue. Think I enjoyed it.

Eamonnca1

The Man Who Knew Infinity. Based on a true story. Great film if you like academia, maths, early 20th century history etc. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXGm9Vlfx4w

screenexile

Watched Dazed and Confused on Netflix. 70s based coming of age High School movie. Just a good film with a great soundtrack that will put a smile on your face.

Shot in 1993 directed by Richard Linklater there are some fresh faced stars in it well worth a watch 9/10.

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2016, 01:11:48 AM
Watched Dazed and Confused on Netflix. 70s based coming of age High School movie. Just a good film with a great soundtrack that will put a smile on your face.

Shot in 1993 directed by Richard Linklater there are some fresh faced stars in it well worth a watch 9/10.

Matthew McConnaughey before he was shit for years and long before he got good again.

There was a "spiritual successor" to it, also directed by Linklaters released a few months ago called Everybody Wants Some.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 22, 2016, 01:11:48 AM

Late review there Screen.  ;D That Gone with the Wind worth watching?

nrico2006

Watched Silverado the other week, best show I have seen in a while.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

Watched Concussion and Spotlight over the weekend - both very good films

bennydorano

Surprised at how much I enjoyed Straight outta Compton, great film with some fantastic  (& hugely relevant) social commentary.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ONeill on June 11, 2016, 10:22:56 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 11, 2016, 06:39:49 PM
George Clooney has been in a serious amount of shite films

Burn After Reading his highlight.

Haven't seen that one but Michael Clayton was a great flick. Should have gotten best picture Oscar instead of that No Country for Old Men shite.

bennydorano

Big Short very good - suppose you'd need to find the subject matter interesting tho

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2016, 08:40:06 AM
Big Short very good - suppose you'd need to find the subject matter interesting tho

I like the way they dealt with the particularly complex financial stuff.
MWWSI 2017

lurganblue

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 11:17:12 AM

yes, Margot Robbie in a bath does help indeed

muppet

Quote from: lurganblue on August 08, 2016, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 11:17:12 AM

yes, Margot Robbie in a bath does help indeed

I reckon most of us would have been much better at, for example, calculus if that is how it was taught.
MWWSI 2017