Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

A few I watched lately.
Brooklyn. Meh boring as fcuk.Nothing actully happens in the film. Don't understand how it was nominated for best movie. 2/10
Spotlight. Excellent. The Catholic Church really is as rotten as fcuk. 8/10
Creed. Not bad.Not a patch oh the Rocky movies though. Could have done with less of the Everton shite. 7/10
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on March 05, 2016, 10:24:50 PM
A few I watched lately.
Brooklyn. Meh boring as fcuk.Nothing actully happens in the film. Don't understand how it was nominated for best movie. 2/10
Creed. Not bad.Not a patch oh the Rocky movies though. Could have done with less of the Everton shite. 7/10
Brooklyn aimed purely at women.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2016, 10:27:38 PM
A few I watched lately.
Brooklyn aimed purely at women.
Yeah the wife loved it. She was teary eyed for some of it. I don't know why.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Norf Tyrone

A few I watched lately.

Agree with that re Brooklyn. I enjoyed it, but you're right nothing really happens. Not sure how it got nominated for an oscar either.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 01, 2016, 08:41:19 AM
The Big Short is a very good movie.

Really good movie, good pace to it, well acted and uses a lot of piece to camera to explain the financial terms for dummies like me.

#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Saw Steve Jobs

Really enjoyed it. It left me wanting to see more considering I had recently read the Isaacson book on him.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Bridge of Spies - a bit slow - took me two sittings to finish it but decent story - 6/10
Victor Frankenstein - passed the time - 5/10 expected more given the cast but has there ever been a good Frankenstein film?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hardy

Quote from: The Iceman on March 10, 2016, 06:26:46 PM
Bridge of Spies - a bit slow - took me two sittings to finish it but decent story - 6/10
Victor Frankenstein - passed the time - 5/10 expected more given the cast but has there ever been a good Frankenstein film?

Only one - Young Frankenstein.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on March 10, 2016, 07:31:31 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on March 10, 2016, 06:26:46 PM

Only one - Young Frankenstein.
And this one

the 1931 classic

Tony Baloney

Really enjoyed Mississippi Grind. Ben Mendelsohn put in a far better performance than many of the Oscar nominees from this year.

The Iceman

Watched Everest  - really great story - fantastic to see some of the shots (hoping a lot of it was actually everest) 6.5/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

StGallsGAA

lurganblue

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 06, 2016, 10:37:56 AM
A few I watched lately.

Agree with that re Brooklyn. I enjoyed it, but you're right nothing really happens. Not sure how it got nominated for an oscar either.

brutal show. probably the worst chick flick i've ever sat through.

also brutal was Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2. avoid the whole series if possible.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on March 18, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 06, 2016, 10:37:56 AM
A few I watched lately.

brutal show. probably the worst chick flick i've ever sat through.

also brutal was Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2. avoid the whole series if possible.

The Hunger Games films get worse as they go on.  The first one was very good, but down hill from there.  The last two were terrible.  The new Point Break was pretty poor too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

50fiftyball

That 10 Cloverfield Lane looks decent that's out tonight!