Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 29, 2015, 10:57:35 PM
Not a recommendation but a trailer for an upcoming film that will surely raise the ire of a few board members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56jw6tasomc

Looks interesting. I especially liked the threat "We are writing a story about the priests or the Lawyers who  have turned the practice of defending these priests into a Cottage industry.  You decide.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

nrico2006

Watched Southpaw, started well but flattened out a bit.  Also watched San Andreas which was better than I expected.  The latest Avengers was average enough, just like the previous one.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Well lads... Straight Outta Compton any use?

Soup an Samajiz

have yet to see it myself but goin to give it a whack on Friday, heard tho it glosses over a fair bit, the drugs, the women beating and all sorts but a good watch, just don't go expecting a documentary
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

STREET FIGHTER

Anything out there worth watching?

CiKe

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 01, 2015, 01:44:39 PM
Watched Southpaw, started well but flattened out a bit.  Also watched San Andreas which was better than I expected.  The latest Avengers was average enough, just like the previous one.

Watched Southpaw last night. Solid enough 7/10.

bennydorano

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: bennydorano on September 07, 2015, 12:30:58 AM
Gone Girl is a great movie.

No it isn't.  It's totally shit.  Poorly acted, and completely predicable.

blewuporstuffed

I watched 'The Judge' Over the weekend and thought it was very good.
7.5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bennydorano

Ach yer hole. It certainly wasn't completely predicitible & was fairly original, it was well received by critics & it was a box office success. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on September 01, 2015, 01:51:31 PM
Well lads... Straight Outta Compton any use?

Streamed a good quality version. Dunno if I'd pay to go to the cinema but def worth watching!

JoG2

What We Did On Our Holidays - 7.6/10 (Billy Connolly and David Tennent and a reck of wains): enjoyable show, the child actors were brilliant craic

Southpaw - 8.5/10: superb show

Straight Outta Compton - 8/10: not into the old hippity-hop, but really enjoyed this

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM
What We Did On Our Holidays - 7.6/10 (Billy Connolly and David Tennent and a reck of wains): enjoyable show, the child actors were brilliant craic

Straight Outta Compton - 8/10: not into the old hippity-hop, but really enjoyed this

Well you've called it hippity-hop for a start!!!

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on September 07, 2015, 10:25:25 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM

Well you've called it hippity-hop for a start!!!

yo, fcuk you and the poooolice !

JoG2

The Secret In Their Eyes: Argentinian movie from a few years back.  Excellent show.  8.8/10.  It's on Netflix