The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

corn02

Not a bad performance considering the team out. Cheslsea should have scored more probably. Stupid by Crouch Idjante (sp?) done well but should of had the second saved.

deiseach

Don't think Benitez is taking this competition seriously. Shame. It's going to be rough seeing the Bitters carrying the Scouse flag against the massed Lahndahn forces (come on the cockneys!)

corn02

deiseach

It's a shame. For the sake of avoiding (at most) another 5.5 hours of football, Rafa lost any chance of winning the League Cup tonight. Excluding the League Cup, Liverpool have won five trophies since last winning the League. We cannot afford to be sniffy.

corn02

Indeed we can. Perhaps being sniffy is why we have not one many other cups. It is no shame in putting a half decent performance at Stamford Bridge. A cup for the likes of Villa, Spurs or Blackburn. It is only gained some credit in the last couple of years because of the performance of Arsenals kids which in fact is an example of how Arsenal treat it with contempt. United also, they rarely care about the FA Cup either and they win leagues. This competition is not an aim for Liverpool F.C.

Chrisowc

Corn - Liverpool is about winning trophies.  They have won this particular competition more than any other club.

On another point.  Is anyone else pissed off with the constant sniping at the club and manager from Murdoch's empire? 

The News of the World broke the Rafa 'Sacked' story, Oliver Kay, in the Times,  for the past 3 weeks has been on a crusade to find a new angle from which he can sack Rafa.  I can only imagine what that rag the Scum has been printing.  Even Jeff Stelling was getting in on the act tonight.  He was sharpening his knife before the game even kicked off then the first question he asked Gary Mac after the game was  - 'so did Rafa get it wrong?' then managed to squeeze in a question on whether Rafa will be worried about his job.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Chrisowc on December 19, 2007, 11:14:36 PM
On another point.  Is anyone else pissed off with the constant sniping at the club and manager from Murdoch's empire? 

Nothing new there. The media have never liked Liverpool. Whether they were winning or not. They are never slow to stick the knife in certainly in comparison to some other clubs.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteIt's a shame. For the sake of avoiding (at most) another 5.5 hours of football, Rafa lost any chance of winning the League Cup tonight. Excluding the League Cup, Liverpool have won five trophies since last winning the League. We cannot afford to be sniffy.

Yip. I can't understand Benitez' attitude to the trophy. Annexing this takes a great deal of pressure off his shoulders. I think among fans a certain degree of silver snobbery exists. I was reared on a diet of division 2 football, and glourious failures, so it'll be a long time before I turn my nose up at a trophy.

Your keeper was very good today. Where did he come from and how much was he?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

Signed from Lens in the summer French U-21 international

Great Leap Forward

Has Benitez been taking lessons in humility from Mourinho?

Last night he sais his team played well and the turning point was the sending off. It was hardly the turning point, they were 1-0 down at the time.

On Sunday he said United were lucky despite the fact his team hardly created a chance.

Surely once in a while it would be best to admit that his team weren't up to it or perhaps he picked the wrong team.

SeanSouth

I have to admit i was watching the match last night with total ambivalence, i actually thought the most worthwhile aspect of it would be for Alonso to get some match practice. For that end alone it was worthwhile.The league cup is like a ginger bird, it just doesent do it for me.

corn02

Agreed.

Why should we take it seriously when our main rivals don't. It is a competition in the same vein as the World Club Championship, worthless. It should be used for young players to gain experience. I would have rather El Zhar started last night. Also thought more of the youth squad from 2 years ago should have been playing what about Lindfield where is he?

full back

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 20, 2007, 09:36:11 AM
The league cup is like a ginger bird, it just doesent do it for me.

Think about it though ss, if its the only bird you are going to have for the next year you might as well try & get yer leg over when you have a chance.....