Waterford V Cork....again!

Started by darbyo, July 14, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 29, 2007, 07:29:41 PM
I thought the ref got it right. He lay on the ball. Free in. No dispute. I missed the first 10 minutes but this was a great game and probably the right result.

And both Anthony Daly and Peter Finnerty agree that it was a definite foul too. Case closed.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Stay goalside of your man

You can clearly see him moving over the ball on the replay, Roy Keane will surely have something to say about this anti-cork behaviour :)

robinbanks

Did anyone see O Sullivan(Pebbles) sticking his fingers up to the waterford crowd at the end of the match.Just shows what type of a character he is !

Msgr. Horan

Next Sunday at 4 in Croker for the replay, rumour has it.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Robin Banks - you obviously don't know Diarmuid O'Sullivan at all. The guy is a pure gentleman off the field and a great ambassador for hurling as his many trips north of the border with Donal Og have proved. Didn't see the so called gesture and none of the papers have picked it up so could be a bit of a wives tale that. Little doubt that the Rock can be liberal with the hurl at times but he is not the only one and every county has a player their own fans love and everyone else hates it part of the game.
Same was said of John Mullane a couple of years ago during the Munster final when he gestured to Crok crowd and people started saying all sorts about the guy and yet he is really well thought of in his own club for what he does with juvenile coaching etc - as the tattoo on big Dan's arm says if you don't know me don't judge me.
Reality is great game between two great teams who served up another classic - little doubt that the Cork V Waterford games have been the highlight of the hurling championship over the past few years. All these players are great role models for the youth of Ireland, they mightn't be "saints" all the time but they are a hell of a lot better than the soccer crowd the media love to hype up. Take the likes of Mullane there playing yesterday and back on a building site on Castlemartyr in Cork this morning, you could just imagine Lampard heading to Manchester to work on a building site the day after a Champions League match!

Lecale - I will remind of that decision regarding the free at the end over the next few months in club games, expecting a few frees for the seamrogai in the coming weeks!
;)

bottlethrower7

Quote from: robinbanks on July 30, 2007, 12:53:58 PM
Did anyone see O Sullivan(Pebbles) sticking his fingers up to the waterford crowd at the end of the match.Just shows what type of a character he is !

I saw it alright. Had his top off, running towards the dressing room. Himself and Donal Og were giving it socks to the crowd, geeing them up. Then the Rock let loose with his fingers at a group of Waterford fans.

AZOffaly

Great game, great finish, and a correct decision at the end by the ref. The infuriating thing is that this 'foul' is hardly ever punished, and as such (Ger), Cork have a grievance as to why at that particular juncture in the game a free was awarded. If that incident happened in the 25th minute, I doubt it would have been a free. Having said that, it is a bugbear of mine that referee's don't give the correct decision in those incidents 90% of the time, electing for the handy throw up. So well done in this instance to the ref. It must have been a tough enough decision to make.

For the game itself, I thought Waterford were after pucking it away. I hope they got the mad wides out of their system, as every time I see these lads play I want to see them win the AI more and more. Fair play to Cork though, they are a great hearted team as well, and they proved themselves in their grit in sticking in yesterday as well.

For the Replay, I'm going with Waterford. They had a bit of a layoff before the game, and got a lot of wides out of their system (I hope). One thing though. Would Justin EVER stop moving lads for the sake of it. Dan Shanahan was doing wreck on the 40, and they moved him inside. He needs to be a target for puckouts and clearances, and he isn't that when he's stuck in on the small square.

Red Hurley

When will the Umpires start doing their duty and penalise Donal Og for his constant breaking of the square on puck outs ?

johnneycool

Quote from: Red Hurley on July 30, 2007, 02:44:45 PM
When will the Umpires start doing their duty and penalise Donal Og for his constant breaking of the square on puck outs ?

The rock took a short puck out from inside his own 21, is that a hop ball on the 21 or a 65 the other way?

As for the whole umpire thing, I don't know what exactly they can do about it, is it in their powers to stand on the pitch with the hand up, drawing the refs attention to such indescretions? I'm sure we'd all be calling them 'jobsworthy f**kers/wankers/etc, etc if they started doing that. I'd prefer if the bollocks was in the right postion to make a decision in relation to whether scores are scores rather than give some eejit whose friendly with the ref too many powers.

Hound

Quote from: Msgr. Horan on July 30, 2007, 02:19:32 PM
Next Sunday at 4 in Croker for the replay, rumour has it.
Yeah, the semi-final is the curtain raiser for the quarter-final!!

robinbanks

Its definately confirmed for next Sunday Croke Park 4.00 throw in

Model Hammer

Just when you thought they couldn't f*ck up fixtures any worse, they put an AI Semi-Final as curtain-raiser to a QF!!
This has got to take the all-time biscuit. There have been questionable ones before about which was the bigger fixture when both codes were part of a double-header, but this just beats Banagher. Who are these morons in GAC/CCCP/WKRP, or whatever the f*ck they're called this year?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: robinbanks on July 30, 2007, 03:49:27 PM
Its definately confirmed for next Sunday Croke Park 4.00 throw in

Just got my tickets there, lower Hogan, halfway line, 5 rows from the front, can't bloody wait...  ;D If u so much as stand up Cody...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

neilthemac

strange decision in fixtures

common sense would have been to put Kilkenny vs Wexford on the Bank Holiday Monday?

the main problem was the Cork vs Sligo game on the Saturday.

Msgr. Horan

In fairness Semple would have made more sense for everyone.