Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: the colonel on March 29, 2012, 09:51:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2012, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 09:30:03 PM
wonder how the other Antrim players feel about Kieran McGourty pretending to be sick last weekend and going to the Celtic and Rangers game instead. Not a player you would want in the trenches with you after that.

Cracking first post Saffrongael

Ridiculous post

ridiculous behaviour from an intecounty player. Soccer is more important to the belfast ones.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 09:53:50 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 29, 2012, 09:51:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2012, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 09:30:03 PM
wonder how the other Antrim players feel about Kieran McGourty pretending to be sick last weekend and going to the Celtic and Rangers game instead. Not a player you would want in the trenches with you after that.

Cracking first post Saffrongael

Ridiculous post

ridiculous behaviour from an intecounty player. Soccer is more important to the belfast ones.

Is he starting on Sunday?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Jerry doesn't know. Any sightings of him at casement last sunday? Injured players usually still attend and rally the troops.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Kevin was there does that count.

btdtgtt

Wow! What a revelation! U not gonna rebuke him for gossip mr2?!
Is this true? If so Wallace has gotta put him off panel or lose credibility - and how could he implement future discipline? If anything it's an ideal opportunity for Wallace to show his standards - although it's a no brainer if true. And added to the mix I believe the shamrocks can offer a ready made replacement!
But less of the generalisation about Belfast and soccer! That's out of order! I do recall a certain Liam Watson playing ground Gaelic rather publicly in preference to hurling - to name but one. U also slander many committed Belfast Gaels. Out of order! Rant over.

Buswhacker

More than one,if I'm allowed to think that.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 29, 2012, 10:29:01 PM
Wow! What a revelation! U not gonna rebuke him for gossip mr2?!
Is this true? If so Wallace has gotta put him off panel or lose credibility - and how could he implement future discipline? If anything it's an ideal opportunity for Wallace to show his standards - although it's a no brainer if true. And added to the mix I believe the shamrocks can offer a ready made replacement!
But less of the generalisation about Belfast and soccer! That's out of order! I do recall a certain Liam Watson playing ground Gaelic rather publicly in preference to hurling - to name but one. U also slander many committed Belfast Gaels. Out of order! Rant over.
As well as hurling btgtgg, as well as hurling.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 28, 2012, 03:21:35 PM
Not sure why JC and Winker would need more of a break than the rest - but I suppose thats between them and the managment so will leave it at that.

I assume he hasnt released then names of the other 2 until he speaks to them personally.

As for 9 on the panel - it reminds me a bit of the days when Sean McGuinness didnt fancy picking anyone outside of Dunloy. I am not sure even the Birrs or Portumnas would have had that contingent?

However, maybe it is a fair refelction for the All-Ireland champions!In terms of a squad but obviously not starting XV.

The marquee was a mis-hap but I thought I would leave it there SIE!
I've no idea what you're on about here.   ???
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 10:05:23 PM
Jerry doesn't know. Any sightings of him at casement last sunday? Injured players usually still attend and rally the troops.
You seem to know stuff Saff, here's a question that maybe you can answer, it has nothing to do with Keiran.

How many players in the last few years have jumped ship and went to the states while being panelist of Antrim teams? How many players (and i could name a few from different N. Antrim Clubs) have taken holidays while still in the championship? Trenches? Keep your hearsay to yourself or at least be man enough to back it up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2012, 10:46:59 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 10:05:23 PM
You seem to know stuff Saff, here's a question that maybe you can answer, it has nothing to do with Keiran.

How many players in the last few years have jumped ship and went to the states while being panelist of Antrim teams? How many players (and i could name a few from different N. Antrim Clubs) have taken holidays while still in the championship? Trenches? Keep your hearsay to yourself or at least be man enough to back it up
100% right MR2
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

saffronog

if this is true he needs the boot.  MR2 it is not the same, those lads although maybe not the most committed would have informed people about their plans.  However if this is true he should go?  surley you would agree

theskull1

catch yerself on saffronog. Need to have a wee bit of slack in what is an amateur game. There are limits but that isn't one of them
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

we dont like to look upon it as an amateur game,  and i didn't want to use the word,  but that's what it is skull,  your right  :o       there have been stags and soccer games went to before, it will all happen again,   not a hanging offence

Sleeping giant

Already sounding like an old poster  :D

saffronog

well mcmanus and graffin are big mates, say the pair headed on piss or someone offered them tickets for a game and they headed, what would you think of them standing watching the game on Sunday.  imo not a hanging offence either, after all it is an amateur game.  Just get rid of him and see if there is someone better with more effort. 

Skull can't wait to hear your list of limits, remember there is always room for one more excuse.  If this is true at the very least i would expect wallace to put him off panel for a couple of months at least.  From what i hear he (though not sure) is not a remarkable trainer.  One thing I am sure of, he is not a remarkable talent.  SG are you worried about watson and having to make excuses for him ???