Waterford V Cork....again!

Started by darbyo, July 14, 2007, 09:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbyo

Well despite the magnificent win for Tipp tonight I still don't rate them, not sure what happened to Cork after the first 20min. but that was the first time that I've seen so many of Corks main men completely disappear out of a game. I would have fancied Waterford to beat Tipp even after the game tonight but Cork will be completely different next week(is it on next week?). I think unfortunately Cork have Waterford's number and will recover from tonight and still make the final, though I hope I'm wrong.

didlyi

I think Daly and O grady summed it up about Cotk. They expected an easy win but you cant turn that attitude around at half time. Tipp wanted to win it more and I think Cork will be beat again by Watreford as their game plan is in shreds.

Mentalman

Quote from: didlyi on July 14, 2007, 10:28:56 PM
I think Daly and O grady summed it up about Cotk. They expected an easy win but you cant turn that attitude around at half time. Tipp wanted to win it more and I think Cork will be beat again by Watreford as their game plan is in shreds.

Would agree on the first part. Watched it last night again and the amount of space given to Tipp players was so unlike the Cork side we've seen over the past few years. As for Cork/Waterford it's hard to know, there are two parts tothe equation, how will Waterford feel to see Cork coming their way again? Unfortunately, even given their victory over Limerick, I think this Waterford side are also just off their best. But we will see.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

robinbanks

Waterford will not mind meeting Cork again , in fact i think they dont mind who they meet.I think it will be a close match and will come down to a vital goal at the right time.There will be alot up for the winners as Limerick/Clare would not pose as stiff as oppsition as the other side of draw.Waterford to progress but expect another classic with plenty of twists.

Goin Down

Waterford WILL beat Cork, seriously lads. 8)
Remember This.

TBT

If the Waterford fullback line tighen up Cork would have to pull amassive performance out of the hat to beat them. Given the miles on the clock thats unlikely although not impossibile.

robinbanks

Agree with last post.Expect Murphy to be back to his best after an out of sorts season and keep joe deane quiet.

thejuice

yeah, have to say some of Corks big names let them down against tipp. O'h'Ailpin was way off the pace of the game it seems.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

darbyo

Unfortunately the likes of Sean Og should be back to their best for the Waterford match. To write off any Cork team is a mistake, to write this one off is plain foolish.

tayto

I agree that it'll be close enough, a goal either way will probably swing it. SHould be a cracker, can't wait!

Colonel Cool

I, like must neutrals, would love to see Waterford win an All Ireland but I fear Cork will finish them off on Sunday. They will have learned from their 2 defeats this year and I can't see them losing this one.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

deiseach

Quote from: Colonel Cool on July 23, 2007, 11:49:19 AM
I, like must neutrals, would love to see Waterford win an All Ireland but I fear Cork will finish them off on Sunday. They will have learned from their 2 defeats this year and I can't see them losing this one.

They've had three defeats against Waterford this year alone. That's a lot of learning . . .

AZOffaly

Niall McCarthy is another big loss for Cork, even though he is unsung. I hope Waterford can do it, and I'll go so far to say that if they do manage to overcome Cork twice, three times including the League Semi, in the one year, they will win Liam.

tayto

Chalk me up as another who'd love to see waterford do it, but i dont think Cork are on top for this year, new man in trying a few things out, I think Kilkenny are still the team to beat. I know Waterford beat them int he league final there were mitigating circumstances to that game, Cha int he forwards, Shefflin only played a bit of hurling at that stage. Still hope they can do it.

Tyrone Dreamer

Would be hard for Waterford to take if they lose this game and wouldnt be suprised if they do. Really hope though they can do it and Im sure most non Cork people will be behind them. What a weekend of hurling it promises to be! One of the best ever. Sunday looks by the far the better day, with Saturdays matches looking quite predictable. Hopefully though Wexford and Galway will up their performances and produce 2 fine games.