The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Rumour that Torres has suffered a "reaction" to his hamstring injury and will have a scan today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2008, 09:38:40 AM
Rumour that Torres has suffered a "reaction" to his hamstring injury and will have a scan today.

Would not be too disaapointed.  Should get at least a point with Madrid and should be able to take care of West Brom without him, the extra week could be a help.

Goats Do Shave

From what I've seen of Kuyt this season, he's been super for you lads. Has your opion changed?

He seems to have a lot more confidence, to go with his obvious work ethic!

Minder

He is certainly playing well, a minor criticism from the other night was he thought everything he hit was going to fly in and was taking silly shots. Keane could do with getting his finger out in Torres absence.

GalwayBayBoy

Well disappointing result at the weekend. I was away so only saw a recording of it last night. In fairness Spurs were unbelievably poxed to come away with all 3 points. Liverpool went one up and hit the woodwork three times and Alonso missed a sitter until Carra somehow managed to head that ball into his own net. Spurs got a bit of momentum going then for the final 15 minutes or so but it really was daylight robbery at the Lane. Just goes to show that 1-0 is never a safe scoreline even when you are completely on top in a game. Keane looked shocked that he was booed by the home fans. I think he was half expecting the red carpet treatment and that was never going to happen.

Anyway important to bounce back now. We've got on paper a nice run of fixtures in November starting with West Brom. Would be nice to get an early lead and kill the game off quickly for a change.

Stalin

what is your source for this
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

magpie seanie

QuoteKeane looked shocked that he was booed by the home fans. I think he was half expecting the red carpet treatment and that was never going to happen.

I agree. I actually think it unsettled him too. Amazing.

Minder

Quote from: Stalin on November 03, 2008, 01:37:19 PM

what is your source for this

I saw it on the YNWA Forum last night, some fella who is known to be "reliable" with information. Its maybe bulls*it though.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 03, 2008, 01:42:46 PM
QuoteKeane looked shocked that he was booed by the home fans. I think he was half expecting the red carpet treatment and that was never going to happen.

I agree. I actually think it unsettled him too. Amazing.

Keane was only booed by a section of the fans,when he was subbed most of the Spurs fans stood and applauded him and rightly so,I don't think it affected his game at all
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Has Mr Fearon been on yet to offer his condolences?
I didnt notice the 10 new threads about the game yet

nrico2006

Is it true that Liverpool are going to sell Keane back to Spurs in January or in the summer on the cheap due to his unsuccessful stint on Merseyside?  I think the begrudgers who claimed he was not worth the large fee have been proved to be right!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 03, 2008, 01:59:16 PM
Is it true that Liverpool are going to sell Keane back to Spurs in January or in the summer on the cheap due to his unsuccessful stint on Merseyside?  I think the begrudgers who claimed he was not worth the large fee have been proved to be right!

I'd say that's complete nonsense anyway. He's only just bought himself a house and Liverpool tend to give players every chance to settle.

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 03, 2008, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 03, 2008, 01:59:16 PM

I'd say that's complete nonsense anyway. He's only just bought himself a house and Liverpool tend to give players every chance to settle.

Nonsense and Nrico 2006 are familiar bed fellows.

nrico2006

I read that Harry Redknapp was looking to bring him back.  I couldn't see Benitez letting him  go as that would leave Liverpool short up front.

Regarding 'time to settle' - how long is he going to get?  He should be familair with the rigours of the Premiership as he has played in it long enough, maybe he will just go down as another Morientes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GalwayBayBoy

He's been at the club about 5 minutes. I think he'll get a bit longer to get into the swing of things. Where would clubs be if they sold every player who went through a poor run of form? You'd have trouble putting a team on the pitch at the weekend.

In fact his general play hasn't been that bad but he hasn't got the goals so far and strkers are of course always judged on their goals no matter what other good work they do.