Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

haha even the scuffle was poor lol

You did a good job last night and let the game flow well from start to finish esp when you consider the conditions and local rivalry between the sides. a good performance.

hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north aontroim gael on July 14, 2016, 03:37:27 PM
In fairness the conditions were poor last night. There was a significant amount of water lying on the surface of the pitch in certain areas that made it difficult.

Have you many players to come into the team?

From the team that started for us last night there were a few missing who will be pushing for a place come Championship. The ones who spring to mind are DD, Tony, Odhran, Winker, Damon, Duck and James McNaughton. Obviously not everyone can start but I'd expect us to make a few changes.

Obviously shorty hasnt played this year but hes getting back to a state where he can train with the team again which is nice to see. Nigel elliott was injured and kevin mcquillain is on holidays in the forward department. I dont see that being enough to push it our way, we will just have to wait to the current minors come in next year to the squad.

The only positive for me this year has been the emergence of Ryan Elliott into nets this season. hes just out of minor and has performed above what i thought he would so much so that many will see him as our keeper for the rest of his playing days.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

DR, whatever happened to Cathoir Cunning? Is he hurt or retired?

Hand up

Reserve championship got started tonight with us v The Town
In a high scoring entertaining match which threatened to boil over on a few occasions but didn't thankfully. Any other matches?

btdtgtt

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=258497

I am delighted to read this and hopefully something tangible comes of it.
If it's transpires it will be the something concrete rather than bluster that I spoke about.
Here's hoping we'll have something to pat the executive on the back for.

MoChara

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 22, 2016, 11:31:58 AM
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=258497

I am delighted to read this and hopefully something tangible comes of it.
If it's transpires it will be the something concrete rather than bluster that I spoke about.
Here's hoping we'll have something to pat the executive on the back for.

That really would be great news.

Pity about the minors today though

theskull1

Played with no belief and as result were second best in almost every sector
There's better capability in that panel
Shame
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Brocky

Any updates on this weekends matches. Ourselves and Dall had good wins in Co down. And I see the town caused a bit of an upset beating dunloy - were teams at full strength

btdtgtt

Quote from: Brocky on July 25, 2016, 10:40:11 AM
Any updates on this weekends matches. Ourselves and Dall had good wins in Co down. And I see the town caused a bit of an upset beating dunloy - were teams at full strength

St Johns V Rossa?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Brocky on July 25, 2016, 10:40:11 AM

we were missing a load of players and another 2 away after the game. All away to santa ponsa. think i counted around 9/10 of the panel away.

TBH i was pleased we only got beat by a point with that many missing. i was expecting a real hammering.

I think BC were missing a few as well. I know clarkey is away on hols so he wasnt playing.

hurl like f**k boi!

Brocky

Will Cushendalls big guns be back for end of August for the championship. All is very quiet.
I hear shorty is training a bit. Will he be able for championship.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Hes training but not along with the players. Would be surprised if he featured at any stage the rest of the year. The lad needs the right time to come back so no point in playing for the sake of it.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

I see a local journo getting it in the neck tonight from some Rossa lads on social media. Anybody care to shed some light on what happened? Accidental slap or dirty fly dig?

Gizzy15

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 27, 2016, 12:21:39 AM
I see a local journo getting it in the neck tonight from some Rossa lads on social media. Anybody care to shed some light on what happened? Accidental slap or dirty fly dig?

very bad stroke pulled in the middle of a bit of a scuffle, the scufle was handbags until that point imo but that stroke was one that noone wants to see on a hurling field.

paddyjohn

Saw the pictures of the injuries sustained, not nice at all.