Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

For a neutral the game would have been great, from an Armagh perspective it was pure manure. Finn Mo and Dyas had poor games, A Mallon got the run around and C Vernon was poor enough (but did come into it a bit late on) Mal Macking was consistently Armaghs best player last night, C McKeever was decent and the fella went in for a ball in the 2nd half( where he got injured) that was about 20% in his favour and just dove at the ball to break it away from the opposition.

A Kernan was poor enough early on but the more the game went on the better he became, his great athleticism showed at the end of the game and in ET, McParland's jersey was clearly pulled as he ran for the ball at the very death in normal time but the ref seemed to miss this. I can't comment on the 2 goals as i was at the opposite end of the ground and didn't get a good view TBH.

Is P Duffy carrying an injury? he was Armagh's best player all year until the last 2 championship games...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: illdecide on July 10, 2011, 12:35:45 PM
McParland's jersey was clearly pulled as he ran for the ball at the very death in normal time but the ref seemed to miss this.

The ref was about 50 yards away in the middle of the pitch. I was in line, and at the roar of our support, he sprinted five yards to his right to try and get a better view - unfortunately by then the incident had passed!!  :-\

Abble

Quote from: illdecide on July 10, 2011, 12:35:45 PM
. I can't comment on the 2 goals as i was at the opposite end of the ground and didn't get a good view TBH.

i seen both, i was sitting near that 21 line

first goal, yer boy took at least 9 steps with the ball
second goal, wicklow no 8 caught ball on the 14, fumbled it, armagh boy got it, gave it back to wicklow no. 8 as a present and then he just THROWS it to the lad who got the goal !

ONeill

Save a seat for Mickey Harte next weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farneylawd2011

I went to Armagh/Wicklow last night and Dublin/Wexford today.I enjoyed today game more than i did last night.Paul Duffy should be off the panel and kevin dyice 2.Any word were it is gonna be played ?? I heard that it could be in Parnell Park. Is this true ?

lawnseed

armagh for sam? anyone?  ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

omagh_gael

Quote from: Farneylawd2011 on July 10, 2011, 07:35:29 PM
I went to Armagh/Wicklow last night and Dublin/Wexford today.I enjoyed today game more than i did last night.Paul Duffy should be off the panel and kevin dyice 2.Any word were it is gonna be played ?? I heard that it could be in Parnell Park. Is this true ?

Why would it not be in Aughrim?

David McKeown

I've heard Parnell park mentioned too something to do with replays being in neutral venues? As I said earlier I thought the tannoy last night had said it would be neutral venue.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Farneylawd2011 on July 10, 2011, 07:35:29 PM

Dont know who this dyice character is, but dyas and duffy are both well worth a place on the panel, with one or the other starting  on the opposite wing to ak.  as a poster previously stated, duff has been excellent for armagh previously and to me is still carrying an injury.  Dyas was one of few positives to come out of the league!

mackers

Dyas and Duffy were clearly not fit before the match last night with AK and Ciaran McKeever picking up knocks during the match. I'd say Paul Carragher will be a busy boy this week. Any big predictions about next Saturday would have to be put on hold until we hear whether these guys are going to be fit.
On the flip side if we didn't have to go to Aughrim it would be a huge relief, but I don't see how a replay has to be played at a neutral venue.
We'll have to hatch a plan to deal with the big guy Stafford in MF, I'd presume Hanratty will be asked to do a job on him like last night and we'll have to try to help AM out with Glynn.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Family guy

I see johnny murtagh didnt get much game time when he got on to be taken off again,did he get injured or what??

David McKeown

I don't think there was any injury. He was very poor just and should have got the line for jumping knees first into the keeper

armaghniac

Exactly, a red card for clattering into the goalie would have been fair enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

David McKeown

Quote from: armaghniac on July 11, 2011, 01:01:01 AM
Exactly, a red card for clattering into the goalie would have been fair enough.

To be fair I think the only thing that saved him was that the Longford keeper jumped straight up.  Its the only time I have ever heard my dad shouting at a referee to send an Armagh player off for something

Orior

Quote from: Family guy on July 11, 2011, 12:45:08 AM
I see johnny murtagh didnt get much game time when he got on to be taken off again,did he get injured or what??

Hell no. Paddy O'Rourke is simply paying the price of a game of cards that he lost. Hopefully thats the concession complete.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians