Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: EastTyrone on September 28, 2016, 05:35:08 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 28, 2016, 05:03:20 PM
Quote from: EastTyrone on September 28, 2016, 04:44:06 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 28, 2016, 04:34:58 PM
No but as ive stated plenty of people round me did. Because I didn't see it did it not happen?

No, it does not mean that.
It just means you cannot give a fair account or a respectful opinion on what did or did not happen.

It does if I trust the people around me, why would they make it up. They all had the same version of events, as did all the Clonoe players who I spoke to that night. But hey my account is unfair and disrespectful.
This is all very cute with the loyal trust. But i suggest you source out the video of the match. You will see that all these people that you trust so much either have poor eyesight or are not that trustworthy after all.  ;D

Ok I see now that everyone I spoke to as well as The referee and linesman are completely wrong. I also see that Peter donnelly working for the county board has nothing at all to do with the fact that he got off.  ::)

Thanks for clearing that all up for me.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

EastTyrone

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 28, 2016, 05:41:54 PM
No but as ive stated plenty of people round me did. Because I didn't see it did it not happen?

It just means you cannot give a fair account or a respectful opinion on what did or did not happen.

It does if I trust the people around me, why would they make it up. They all had the same version of events, as did all the Clonoe players who I spoke to that night. But hey my account is unfair and disrespectful.
This is all very cute with the loyal trust. But i suggest you source out the video of the match. You will see that all these people that you trust so much either have poor eyesight or are not that trustworthy after all.  ;D

Ok I see now that everyone I spoke to as well as The referee and linesman are completely wrong. I also see that Peter donnelly working for the county board has nothing at all to do with the fact that he got off.  ::)

One thing I think that is now clear is that I am under your skin. Maybe the fact he got away with it, is that it didn't happen. But you wouldnt know. As you did not see it 
If a tree falls in the woods and know one is around to hear it. Did it make a sound?

Up The Middle

Quote from: EastTyrone on September 28, 2016, 05:58:26 PM

One thing I think that is now clear is that I am under your skin. Maybe the fact he got away with it, is that it didn't happen. But you wouldnt know. As you did not see it 
If a tree falls in the woods and know one is around to hear it. Did it make a sound?

So your intention was to get under my skin. You're more to be pityed really than to be laughed at.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

winghalfback

I seen it am I a liar? I don't know what the video showed but Donnelly clearly struck or attempted to strike daryl Magee.

skeog

Settle down boys good to see Peter playing next Sunday.

CC

Quote from: winghalfback on September 28, 2016, 06:03:49 PM

I seen it am I a liar? I don't know what the video showed but Donnelly clearly struck or attempted to strike daryl Magee.

It's the semi-final of a championship FFS, if your not making/taking hits you shouldn't be on the field lets get real men.
Video evidence seems to be contradicting some "neutral" opinions!

I can suggest that if Pete Donnelly "hit" Magee he wouldn't have been standing long.

But maybe winghalfback's allegations are right and thats what caused the jelly legs  ::)

Helpline

Hi lads as a neutral and standing right in front of the incident I can say that PD did attempt to elbow the Clonoe lad, however it was a poor enough attempt and didn't cause much harm or injury...but intent to harm or injury an opponent is a red card offence and was correctly sent off.Had his elbow made much more of a contact would it have been rescinded?
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Up The Middle

Quote from: Helpline on September 29, 2016, 09:51:10 AM
Hi lads as a neutral and standing right in front of the incident I can say that PD did attempt to elbow the Clonoe lad, however it was a poor enough attempt and didn't cause much harm or injury...but intent to harm or injury an opponent is a red card offence and was correctly sent off.Had his elbow made much more of a contact would it have been rescinded?

That's my point, surely the video shows an attempted elbow. How does he get of then? Dromore getting McCusker of on a technicality didn't work out too well for them, lets hope the same happens this weekend.

square_ball

Quote from: CC on September 29, 2016, 08:43:00 AM

It's the semi-final of a championship FFS, if your not making/taking hits you shouldn't be on the field lets get real men.
Video evidence seems to be contradicting some "neutral" opinions!

I can suggest that if Pete Donnelly "hit" Magee he wouldn't have been standing long.

But maybe winghalfback's allegations are right and thats what caused the jelly legs  ::)

Is there a different set of rules or a new rule book once its the semi final stage or something?

CC

I didn't say there is a different set of rules nor do I condone striking in the face. My point is that he was making a shoulder challenge and he may have caught him high but there was no malice behind it which is obviously part of the reason it was rescinded. If the linesman had any cop on he would have seen that.

Anyway all to play for this weekend, lets just hope the refereeing doesn't get in the way of a good game!

Helpline

Quote from: CC on September 29, 2016, 10:21:16 AM
I didn't say there is a different set of rules nor do I condone striking in the face. My point is that he was making a shoulder challenge and he may have caught him high but there was no malice behind it which is obviously part of the reason it was rescinded. If the linesman had any cop on he would have seen that.

Anyway all to play for this weekend, lets just hope the refereeing doesn't get in the way of a good game!

CC.. you have missed the point this was not an attempted shoulder but a deliberate elbow to an opponents head... as I said I was a neutral spectator and have been out before and dont  live in cuckoo land. However it is good to see PD free to play this weekend again hopefully the Clonoe lads don't 'catch him high'.

CC

Quote from: Helpline on September 29, 2016, 10:52:01 AM

CC.. you have missed the point this was not an attempted shoulder but a deliberate elbow to an opponents head... as I said I was a neutral spectator and have been out before and dont live in cuckoo land. However it is good to see PD free to play this weekend again hopefully the Clonoe lads don't 'catch him high'.

I haven't missed the point at all, I seen it myself and I gave you my opinion...

Anyway whats the thoughts on the replay?

WT4E

Quote from: CC on September 29, 2016, 11:06:36 AM
Quote from: Helpline on September 29, 2016, 10:52:01 AM

CC.. you have missed the point this was not an attempted shoulder but a deliberate elbow to an opponents head... as I said I was a neutral spectator and have been out before and dont live in cuckoo land. However it is good to see PD free to play this weekend again hopefully the Clonoe lads don't 'catch him high'.

I haven't missed the point at all, I seen it myself and I gave you my opinion...

Anyway whats the thoughts on the replay?

Glad to see Donnellly playing - I wasn't at the match but my source said it was soft. The linesman in question is a poor ref IMO. Its a good thing though in my mind as it will add a bit of spice to the replay! The Clonoe lads will probably go in hard on Donnelly who would probably enjoy that.

Helpline

My Opinion: Coalisland to win a close replay and Killyclogher to run out easy winners in the final.

Legoman5

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 29, 2016, 10:02:50 AM
Quote from: Helpline on September 29, 2016, 09:51:10 AM

Dromore got McCusker off on self defence, have you ever heard the likes of it!! So now there telling your aloud to strike back in defence? Bulls##t!