Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 06:02:29 PM
I can't believe, after that ending to the game, that Sludden stayed on the pitch taking names. Red rag and all that.

He seems to me the sort of fella that if a raging lion was charging at him he would give him a yellow card.
I could swear I seen him flash a yellow card towards a fan.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Archie Mitchell

Sludden also made a balls up of the Crossmaglen v Ballinderry drawn Ulster Club final a few years ago.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 06:05:15 PM
I can't believe, after that ending to the game, that Sludden stayed on the pitch taking names. Red rag and all that.

He seems to me the sort of fella that if a raging lion was charging at him he would give him a yellow card.
It should have been a straight red.

The Real Laoislad

Kind of thought that myself :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

zoyler

People in the rest of the country don't seem to be aware of the reputation this idiot has in his home county where there is general rejoicing when he is away on intercounty duty.  Most players would not let him near a juvinile match  he is that bad - this does not justify assault on him or anybody else bur the powers that be cannot but be aware of the havoc he causes yet conyinue to appoint him to big games! 
We are entitled to an explaination from him but dobt we will get it.  If I was a Louth player I would tell the GAA where to put there qualifiers - ultimately they are the ones to blame - it is now clear it was his decision and they appointed him!
Imagine trying to 'market' the GAA in Dundalk or Drogheda and the other soccer hotbeds in Co. Louth after this!

ross4life

If Sludden made of bollix of club games how in the hell was he given the leinster final?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 06:08:48 PM
If Sludden made of bollix of club games how in the hell was he given the leinster final?

Must be a round of club games in tyrone this weekend.
MWWSI 2017

Mac2

What exactly do people want the GAA to do here. Give a replay? Is that justice given that Louth had won the game. Rescind the decision by the referee and hand the game to Louth? Either way where will that leave us with respect to decisions re: dubious late frees etc where matches are drawn or won.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I saw that too.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

In the Onion Bag

My verdict, leaving aside the disgracefull scenes after the game as they did not influence the result whereas the ref and umpires lack of how to officiate did. 

Even on live coverage a 'no goal' was the correct decision.  How three officials missed this needs explanation?
Video replay only confirmed this.

Video inspection will show that Louth were they true winners of Leinster 2010.  They deserve, at the very least a replay.

Finally, that clod Sluggen should never again be entrusted with an inter country game.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 06:12:53 PM
What exactly do people want the GAA to do here. Give a replay? Is that justice given that Louth had won the game. Rescind the decision by the referee and hand the game to Louth? Either way where will that leave us with respect to decisions re: dubious late frees etc where matches are drawn or won.
Dubious late frees are completely different to the sheer incompetence (I'll stop short of accusing him of cheating) that we seen today.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mac2

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 06:15:45 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 06:12:53 PM
Dubious late frees are completely different to the sheer incompetence (I'll stop short of accusing him of cheating) that we seen today.

Why, just because this one is more blatant? Results can be adversely affected in either case & we've seen numerous examples of this down through the years.

Newbridge Exile

Joe Sheridan not doing himself any favours with his interview on RTE news claiming he didn't commit a foul with the goal