Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2010, 04:21:18 PM
Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.

Fair play to ya, hopefully most people in Meath will feel the same and the match will be replayed.

Dinny Breen

Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.

Fair play TJ, can't imagine any Meath gael celebrating that win.
#newbridgeornowhere

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 11, 2010, 04:19:45 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 11, 2010, 04:17:49 PM
Heart breaking for Louth, Rooneys goal was good enough to win any game, Meath cant be blamed the chance was there and they took it.  It all comes down to Sludden and his Umpires.  Im in New York and could see it was a square ball to start, and it was obvious Sheridan threw/carried over the line, all Illegal.
Never a dull moment with Sluds! No call for the slaps, but was impressed with Sluds speed in getting the feck out of there!

Sludden should bring you to his next match as umpire with eye sight like that.

Maybe he should leave Stevie Wonder at home the next time.  Doubtful if Sludden will have many more trips to Croker.

full moon

Fair play, you can be added to the list of people in Meath that deserve any respect.

- You
- Graham Geraghty

Winnie Peg

I don't think it was even a try. He didn't get it down.

Blue and Navy

You really can't blame Meath, they kept going as you'd expect the manner of the victory is not how they would have wanted it though.
But i hope the true injustice isn't swept aside as Croke Park will try and focus on the incidents of the people getting onto the pitch. That in itself is a problem but no  the main one....the referring decision begat the ugly scenes.

muppet

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 11, 2010, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 11, 2010, 04:19:45 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 11, 2010, 04:17:49 PM
Heart breaking for Louth, Rooneys goal was good enough to win any game, Meath cant be blamed the chance was there and they took it.  It all comes down to Sludden and his Umpires.  Im in New York and could see it was a square ball to start, and it was obvious Sheridan threw/carried over the line, all Illegal.
Never a dull moment with Sluds! No call for the slaps, but was impressed with Sluds speed in getting the feck out of there!

Sludden should bring you to his next match as umpire with eye sight like that.

Maybe he should leave Stevie Wonder at home the next time.  Doubtful if Sludden will have many more trips to Croker.

This is the Gaa we are talking about. He will probably win an All-Star.
MWWSI 2017

Beard

Shocking scenes....hard luck on Louth but they should have had it wrapped up well before the final whistle.

I have to say the young corner forward Judge let his teammates down badly today. Such a stupid sending off which lead to Louth only having 13 on the pitch for one of Meaths last attaks (as another player was down injured).

I cant see a replay being awarded to be honest. The referee saw the incident and made his decision so I'd be surprised if it can be revisited. I think it may lead to an overhaul of the umpiring situation though as it has been a problem for as long as I can remember and something like this was an accident waiting to hapen.

snoopdog

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

I doubt if more than half of the Meath players are even from Meath.

must be a full moon out man cause you are crazy

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 11, 2010, 04:23:25 PM

Fair play to ya, hopefully most people in Meath will feel the same and the match will be replayed.
Will yous stop talking about a replay! Louth won it! They should not accept anything less than being given the title.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lawnseed

if the cccc can suspend players post match then awarding a replay shouldnt be a problem and as said here croke pk is available. lets do it.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2010, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

I doubt if more than half of the Meath players are even from Meath.

You sir are an idiot...

+1
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

IolarCoisCuain

Well said Juice. I think Meath will offer a replay tonight, and if a replay is offered the CCCC or the ref's report doesn't come into it. Meath have to, really. They get another gate, will be favorites again for the replay and it's not like either of them will be knocked out of the Championship either. But if they don't offer the replay it will do the county's name some serious damage.

There were always tough men in Meath but they were as fair as they were hard and by Christ, they very hard indeed. I think they'll offer the replay. I really do.

From the Bunker

Days like today, make you realise that there are still amateur parts to the Association.

mc_grens