Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

I think the ref was giving the goal before he asked Umpire & if the umpire thought it was a goal he would have raise the green flag
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

full moon

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

I doubt if more than half of the Meath players are even from Meath.

From the Bunker

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 04:08:46 PM
Shocking decision but in fairness I thought the ref sided with Louth all day. Meath actually did come back well & they should've hammered that last chance to the net first time round. There's no point looking for conspiracies it was just a brutal decision, I think part of the problem is that some of these refs are having a problem keeping up with the play.
Louth should have had a free out before that for square ball....

Are the modern umpires having problems of keeping up with play as well?  :P

Schkite

Even if a replay was offered(and I don't there will be one), I get the feeling Meath will be alot better and would win it fairly in another game, just my opinion. But this was Louth's day(at least it should have been), and the officials' incompetence cost them their first Leinster title in 53 years. I'm angry enough with them at the minute, I can't think how I'd feel if I was a Louth man.

I would love to see Louth actually awarded the title as some are suggesting, but just how likely is that? Not very I imagine. Dodgy decisions have went against all counties at some stage or another but the magnitude of this, and the sheer blantant nature of the mistake is very hard to take.

Blue and Navy

Meath have stooped to new lows today. Sheridan has no place on a GAA field after this, Meath even robbed him from his true county.

It's all about power in this sport. Big names like Meath have power and can buy out the players and officials from other smaller counties. Time and time again we have seen this.

bit harsh i think there...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:07:48 PM
The moral of the story is that cheating wins in Gaa.
In every sport.

Good to see a total and utter hatred of Meath is still alive and well in Breffni :D

AZOffaly

It's more than harsh, it's absolute crap, and pathetic.

tyroneboi

Quote from: talktothehand on July 11, 2010, 03:54:38 PM
if sludden didn't see it why the f**k not??? he was the referee!! if i was a louth man i'd have found it very hard to have behaved myself. i nearly kicked the telly in ffs. spillane was shaking he was that angry. how those two c***ts of umpires contrived the decision with the ref is beyond a joke. louth worthy champions!!! well done the wee county! sludden, you have disgraced our country you tr**p!

Dont you think your going a bit overboard here calling him a tr**p?? No need for that he made a bad mistake and you call him a tr**p? Your actually nearly condoning the actions of the Louth fans who in my view should never be allowed near a GAA match for the rest of their lives and who are the real tramps in this instance.

PS Full Moon wise up and please stop posting nonsense.

comethekingdom

Pat Spillane is correct and right - will the cccc deal with this incident based on tv coverage available? Louth were absolutely robbed. Their so called supporters have let their county down though with their post match antics. As for Meath - call them cheats if you want - it was the umpires that are to blame.

Carmen Stateside

Heart breaking for Louth, Rooneys goal was good enough to win any game, Meath cant be blamed the chance was there and they took it.  It all comes down to Sludden and his Umpires.  Im in New York and could see it was a square ball to start, and it was obvious Sheridan threw/carried over the line, all Illegal.
Never a dull moment with Sluds! No call for the slaps, but was impressed with Sluds speed in getting the feck out of there!

heffo

Terrible decision and Louth fans must be gutted - hope Meath do the decent thing and offer a replay.

Some pikeys following Louth though..

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 11, 2010, 04:17:49 PM
Heart breaking for Louth, Rooneys goal was good enough to win any game, Meath cant be blamed the chance was there and they took it.  It all comes down to Sludden and his Umpires.  Im in New York and could see it was a square ball to start, and it was obvious Sheridan threw/carried over the line, all Illegal.
Never a dull moment with Sluds! No call for the slaps, but was impressed with Sluds speed in getting the feck out of there!

Sludden should bring you to his next match as umpire with eye sight like that.

muppet

Meath, their supporters and their players with the possible exception of Sheridan (mainly due to his ill advised comments on the radio) aren't the problem here and they should be left out of the argument.

Louth supporters shouldn't be part of the issue either but unfortunately if you are stupid enough to do what they did you become the issue.

None of the above should distract from the fact that Louth won today fair and square (ball) but a combination of cheating and incompetence has left them without their reward. 
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

Not celebrating the win. Feel bad for louth. Bad day for officials. Bad day for the gaa. Will say more when i get home. Louth should be champions.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football