Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

Surely as Sheridan was sitting on his ass with his back to the ref, ball between his legs Sludden's view was blocked, so he depended on his umpires to make the call, which is why they are fecking there! No fan of Sluddens but the blame for this lies with the senile umpires.

dubai2000

does any 1 have a link to incident, had game today and just hearing about it

Kerry Mike

And what about the craic in the first half when a meath player had his hand all over a louth players face on the ground and a louth player kicking a meath player in the same incident. Probably never hear any more of it.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Farrandeelin

I was at the friggin Ballina show and there was no tv to show it! >:(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: ross4life on July 11, 2010, 03:57:45 PM
Joe Sheridan on the radio now "we got the break today might not get it the next day?"

Really poor from him if he said that - he's as much to blame as Sludden or the umpires in that case and should be remembered as a cheat for this.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

snoopdog

Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 03:56:32 PM
If Meath had any dignity they would retire from the Championship, and give the trophy to Louth.

There should be no replay, Louth should be awarded the trophy.

But of course Meath have none, bunch of low lifes in that county. The likes of Colm O'Rourke will be on the Sunday Game tonight spreading propaganda.

There are some clowns writing on this board. Meath didnt give the decision it was the umpires and ref. How any one can call meath cheats and claim they have no dignity is beyond me.
First Sligonian defends those thugs, i wouldnt call them Louth fans probably Dundalk ultras and now you blame Meath.
Meath have a great tradition and canniot be blamed for this apart from being involved in play and playing to the whistle

Bensars

Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:00:59 PM
Forget the replay, Louth are the Leinster champions, the GAA just need to officially recognise them like that.  Meath should have the balls to offer to hand over the trophy.

Agreed.

Also, I am correct in saying the referees still choose their own umpires?

Yes and the one concerned is well known in gaa circles

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 11, 2010, 04:03:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 11, 2010, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 11, 2010, 04:00:59 PM
Forget the replay, Louth are the Leinster champions, the GAA just need to officially recognise them like that.  Meath should have the balls to offer to hand over the trophy.

Agreed.

Also, I am correct in saying the referees still choose their own umpires?

I know they can chose the linesmen - might be the same for umpires.

Refs bring their own umpires, they do not bring their own linesman. The two linesmen today were intercounty refs. Marty Duffy of Sligo was one of them, a man who has reffed AI finals.

Canalman

Rest assured these happenings in CP will have ramifications for the GAA as a whole.

Really hope that young steward is ok.

The rights and wrongs about the "goal" have imo paled into insignifance.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Elias on July 11, 2010, 04:05:28 PM
Surely as Sheridan was sitting on his ass with his back to the ref, ball between his legs Sludden's view was blocked, so he depended on his umpires to make the call, which is why they are fecking there! No fan of Sluddens but the blame for this lies with the senile umpires.
I'm not sure it was the umpires that give the goal, if it was a goal they would have raised the flag. 
Looked to me like Sludden ran in and told them it was goal!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mac2

Shocking decision but in fairness I thought the ref sided with Louth all day. Meath actually did come back well & they should've hammered that last chance to the net first time round. There's no point looking for conspiracies it was just a brutal decision, I think part of the problem is that some of these refs are having a problem keeping up with the play.

Blue and Navy

Beaten Provincial finalists are in action on Saturday 24th so the decision for a replay has to be taken immediately. No game in Croke next week unless the Dubs get a "home" game and that game would be on the Saturday so the Sunday is free.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mac2 on July 11, 2010, 04:08:46 PM
Shocking decision but in fairness I thought the ref sided with Louth all day. Meath actually did come back well & they should've hammered that last chance to the net first time round. There's no point looking for conspiracies it was just a brutal decision, I think part of the problem is that some of these refs are having a problem keeping up with the play.
Louth should have had a free out before that for square ball....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?