Honeymoon

Started by redboots, February 21, 2008, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 20, 2011, 05:46:34 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 20, 2011, 05:37:14 PM
Anyone ever done a cruise around the caribbean and then stayed a week somewhere? It would be in august time so I would be worried about hurricane season in the caribbean at that time of year.
Sneagear  :D

;) you know webster

FL/MAYO

Quote from: JimStynes on January 20, 2011, 05:37:14 PM
Anyone ever done a cruise around the caribbean and then stayed a week somewhere? It would be in august time so I would be worried about hurricane season in the caribbean at that time of year.

The cruise ships usually navigate around the storms so that should not be a problem when at sea. The worst times for storms in the Caribbean is usually form the middle of August to the middle of October with September the worst month. 

gawa316

Quote from: bailestil on January 20, 2011, 01:55:59 PM
can anyone who has been to Hawaii, tell me what would be the best way to split between the islands.
Thinking 5 days on Waikki beach  (Ohau) and 5 days on Maui.
This sound right, or should i stick to 1 of the islands?
Any recommended hotels would be good too!

Went to Oahu (Waikki) for 5 days and 9 days to Kauai for our honeymoon. 5 days is long enough in Waikki/Oahu to do all the touristy stuff (pearl harbour, North shore etc). Can't comment on Maui but Kauai is the most beautifulplace I've ever been to. It's the oldest of the islands and has the best landscapes. Really chilled out place. We stayed in apartment on Poipu beach for 6 days then went to Princeville Resort (swanky spot) for final 3 days. Loved evey minute. There is book you can get that tells you all about the hidden spots that has some great info. Loads of stuff to do from hillwalking in Waimea Canyon, drink in the most westerly brewery in the world,surfing, snorkling etc

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: gawa316 on January 20, 2011, 10:08:22 PM
can anyone who has been to Hawaii, tell me what would be the best way to split between the islands.

Went to Oahu (Waikki) for 5 days and 9 days to Kauai for our honeymoon. 5 days is long enough in Waikki/Oahu to do all the touristy stuff (pearl harbour, North shore etc). Can't comment on Maui but Kauai is the most beautifulplace I've ever been to. It's the oldest of the islands and has the best landscapes. Really chilled out place. We stayed in apartment on Poipu beach for 6 days then went to Princeville Resort (swanky spot) for final 3 days. Loved evey minute. There is book you can get that tells you all about the hidden spots that has some great info. Loads of stuff to do from hillwalking in Waimea Canyon, drink in the most westerly brewery in the world,surfing, snorkling etc
I hope to go to Hawaii for 5 or 6 days after touring CA. Which island do you think would be best, if only doing one?

gawa316

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on January 21, 2011, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 20, 2011, 10:08:22 PM

I hope to go to Hawaii for 5 or 6 days after touring CA. Which island do you think would be best, if only doing one?

Only been to the 2 myself but thats a tough question. If I was going again I would definitely go back to Kauai because I've already done the touristy stuff on Oahu. Really depends on what you want to do. Either way you won't disappointed

Stall the Bailer

Kauai sounds good. I just want some place nice and not to busy.

Puckoon

I was left a bit underwhelmed by Oahu and Wikiki beach in particular.

illdecide

Should we go somewhere exotic for the breakup/divorce the way we do when we get married...afterall that moment can be as happy for some as the wedding day was (supposed to be :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyssam5

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on January 21, 2011, 03:03:50 PM
Kauai sounds good. I just want some place nice and not to busy.

If you want not too busy Big Island is good, much bigger than the others. You'll not have much bother finding a beach pretty much to yourself. Lot of tourists resorts and towns, but plenty of empty country if you want to do a bit of exploring. You could be on a beach surrounded by volcanic desert (eg. look up Hapuna) then 20 min drive would take you to a green field of cattle where you could be a home! If you like a  bit of history there's a lot of native Hawaiian sites you could check out. Not been to Kauai, heard it is amazing too. Like the other guy said you won't be disappointed. I would give Oahu a miss though if you're thinking not too busy.

Stall the Bailer

Thanks gawa316 and tyssam5.

JimStynes

Quote from: stevo-08 on February 21, 2008, 07:10:16 PM
we went to south america - venezuela & peru. wouldnt have changed a single thing about it. totally chilled out & relaxed on an island off venezuela before heading to Peru for amazing sightseeing & trekking, including doing machu pichu.

suppose it all depends on what you're looking for.

Is steve08 still on the board? I am interested in finding out more about this for a honeymoon and then Caribbean cruise at christmas time.

STREET FIGHTER

Anyone organising the Honeymoon at the minute or any good advice?

Hardy