Honeymoon

Started by redboots, February 21, 2008, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

QuoteStill haven't got around to actually booking anything on this yet. anyone know any good sites for booking a multi stop honeymoon. Most of the ones I've been on will only allow for two stops. We're hoping for three stops.

I have heard great things from a few people who have used http://www.travelcounsellors.ie/ I will be using them myself for the big day next year hopefully...
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

supersarsfields

Cheers KM. I'll look into the UK version and see what it's like!!

The Real Laoislad

Whatever you do supersarsfields go to Las Vegas,I was there on my honeymoon in September and I loved it.
We are planning to go back this year already.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rois

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 07, 2011, 01:19:23 PM
QuoteStill haven't got around to actually booking anything on this yet. anyone know any good sites for booking a multi stop honeymoon. Most of the ones I've been on will only allow for two stops. We're hoping for three stops.

I have heard great things from a few people who have used http://www.travelcounsellors.ie/ I will be using them myself for the big day next year hopefully...

Jaysus I'm using one of the travelcounsellors guys - they're independent travel agents working under the travelcounsellors umbrella.  I could have done better myself (organising a ski trip for 16).  Apparently good at the multi-stop trips though.

supersarsfields

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 07, 2011, 01:34:54 PM
Whatever you do supersarsfields go to Las Vegas,I was there on my honeymoon in September and I loved it.

We thought about that RLL. But I think we've our mind set for heading in the other direction. Hoping for a Safari, Dubai and Maldives. We'll definitely do Las Vegas at some stage as we've chatted about it, but I just think if we don't do the above for the Honeymoon we'll never do it. Where as I'd be more likely to book Las Vegas as a holiday at some other time. Cash permitting of course!!

Joxer

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 07, 2011, 01:19:23 PM

Second that.  Used Travel Counsellor for mine and so far it has all been smooth!  So far that is mind you but they are very accomadating and no shite with them!

rossie mad

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 07, 2011, 01:57:25 PM

We thought about that RLL. But I think we've our mind set for heading in the other direction. Hoping for a Safari, Dubai and Maldives. We'll definitely do Las Vegas at some stage as we've chatted about it, but I just think if we don't do the above for the Honeymoon we'll never do it. Where as I'd be more likely to book Las Vegas as a holiday at some other time. Cash permitting of course!!

dont want to rain on your parade ss but id avoid Dubai if i were you.
Spent over a year in it and all it is is a overpriced building site.
Three days max would be all id be spending in it as you will see it all in that time.
Bar its massive malls and elaborate buildings its fairly average.night spots  can be fairly dingy with lots of asian hookers hanging around.
only higlhights would be lively irish bar.
PM me if you want any info on where best to go if you do decide to go to it.
personnally i planned our honeymoon using ebokers and booking hotels myself actually easy done and if your looking at a cruise use cruisecritic cuts out the middle man.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: rossie mad on January 07, 2011, 02:23:15 PM

Three days max would be all id be spending in it as you will see it all in that time.
Bar its massive malls and elaborate buildings its fairly average.night spots  can be fairly dingy with lots of asian hookers hanging around.
personnally i planned our honeymoon using ebokers and booking hotels myself actually easy done and if your looking at a cruise use cruisecritic cuts out the middle man.

Surely you meant this as a highlight?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

supersarsfields

Quote from: rossie mad on January 07, 2011, 02:23:15 PM

Aye we'd only be staying 3 days tops just to break the flights up. If we go ahead and book it I'll drop you a PM nearer the time to get those asian hookers restaurant and bar details.

gander

I'd def recommend Vegas, spent 4 nights there and could easily have spend a lot longer.  We went in July tho and it was 45 degrees centigrade so going on a bus is a big no no!  We went on the helicopter at 7.30 in the morning and it was still crazy hot, well worth it tho

armaghniac

QuoteHoping for a Safari, Dubai and Maldives

Maybe consider Sri Lanka, it being near the Maldives. Quite a lot to do there, including safari type activities. You won't see any giraffes, I expect, but wild elephants, tigers and the like.

Or if you want the African thing, then perhaps proceed to the Seychelles?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lynchbhoy

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 07, 2011, 03:13:30 PM
dubai good to see but it has gone way up and OTT oin terms of cost - 6-7 years ago it was quite inexpensive, two years ago it was worse than Dublin, NY or london !!
Good place to stay would be Al qsar - if you can get a deal.
Depends on when you are going but Filitheyo All inclusive is as good as you will get price wise and being a v good 4 star resort - not too small, fair bit to do (inc playing soccer each day along with the staff). Detached beach villa the best. Food although buffet is fantastic. Plenty cooked while you wait too.
After this the prices go way up but best imo from what I hear and read is Kanahura. V exp though. Conrad (or is it the now the hilton or vice versa) rangali island also supposed to be not bad.
Cant tell you much about kenya but a safari for a honeymoon is superb - plenty of good places to pick and choose from in kenya.

I checked out deals on travelsupermarket.co.uk and rang the cheapest crew to then add additional stuff to the trip. It was southall travel.
the cost of the holiday was 1000 euros cheaper per person than trailfinders who I had used religiously for the 12 years prev !!
best of luck

bailestil

can anyone who has been to Hawaii, tell me what would be the best way to split between the islands.
Thinking 5 days on Waikki beach  (Ohau) and 5 days on Maui.
This sound right, or should i stick to 1 of the islands?
Any recommended hotels would be good too!

JimStynes

Anyone ever done a cruise around the caribbean and then stayed a week somewhere? It would be in august time so I would be worried about hurricane season in the caribbean at that time of year.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: JimStynes on January 20, 2011, 05:37:14 PM
Anyone ever done a cruise around the caribbean and then stayed a week somewhere? It would be in august time so I would be worried about hurricane season in the caribbean at that time of year.
Sneagear  :D