Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

I always take the annual third party cover - not expensive.  I had to use it last year in Dubrovnik (rented with Sixt) and it was really straightforward as long as I got all the right reports from Sixt. 

I was very annoyed at the cost of the repair work that had to be done (total racket), but that's what the cover is for.  I think someone must have scraped against it when we were parked in a tight public car park in Montenegro.

Have used it somewhere else too (think in Geneva airport).  I don't think I took enough pics with that one - certainly none of the damage has been when I've been in or near the car.  Always got the cost covered.

TabClear

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2024, 10:10:37 AMAlways buy your own car hire excess insurance. Can get annual policies for 50 quid odd. The car hire company will absolutely gouge you.

What he said

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/car-hire/article/car-hire-advice/car-hire-insurance-aqd1p9P5n1Rs

clonian

Thanks folks. The company I'm looking at has slashed the excess cost - only €20 extra for the full package and was quoting at €270 extra originally

Don Johnson

Quote from: FermGael on May 12, 2024, 12:38:08 PMAnybody give a recommendation for a Eurocamp near Paris ?

La Croix Du Vieux Pont we stayed at a few years back and actually going back next month. About an hour from Disneyland they run buses there too. Also have bus trips to Paris city centre as well.

galwayman

Just wondering has anyone on here been to both the Austrian and Swiss Alps in the summer and able to compare them?
Have a week to take off work in early July and now thinking of trying to get a sneaky week away - but don't want the usual Med resort type break.
I was looking at Zell am See and Seefeld in Austria initially, but also looking at Morzine (mainly due to the free outdoor public heated pool) and Annecy in France.
I'm going research blind now though so am secondf guessing myself!
We've been away already earlier in the year, so trying to keep this as cheap as possible (so probably won't be able to stump up for accommodation with a pool for the kids).
Just looking for somewhere scenic with some swimming possibilities for the kid within walking distance of a reasonable choice of restaurants.
Anyone been to the areas mentioned?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: galwayman on May 20, 2024, 11:36:52 PMJust wondering has anyone on here been to both the Austrian and Swiss Alps in the summer and able to compare them?
Have a week to take off work in early July and now thinking of trying to get a sneaky week away - but don't want the usual Med resort type break.
I was looking at Zell am See and Seefeld in Austria initially, but also looking at Morzine (mainly due to the free outdoor public heated pool) and Annecy in France.
We've been away already earlier in the year, so trying to keep this as cheap as possible (so probably won't be able to stump up for accommodation with a pool for the kids).
Just looking for somewhere scenic with some swimming possibilities for the kid within walking distance of a reasonable choice of restaurants.
Pretty sure
Quote from: galwayman on May 20, 2024, 11:36:52 PMJust wondering has anyone on here been to both the Austrian and Swiss Alps in the summer and able to compare them?
Pretty sure Rois and seafoid have commented on that area previously if you can get the search function to work!

PMG1

Have been to Zell Am See a few times in the summer, lovely spot, don't need pool as there is an open air pool by the lake and can also swim in the lake which is class. Haven't been in 10 years or so but hope to go back soon. Moraine I haven't been to but it's on my bucket list