Poll

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Author Topic: 26 County General Election 2020  (Read 8720 times)

armaghniac

• View Profile
Re: 26 County General Election 2020
« Reply #255 on: Today at 07:04:58 PM »
well said, people are obsessed with getting a mortgage. all that does is make you a slave to the bank for 30 years, liable for all the bills, maintenance, upkeep, etc. After that time you will be lucky to break even with all the interest paid, but you still need somewhere to live. Pay rent monthly and grow your money smartly in other areas, pay into your pension etc. Plus if you rent you can move anywhere quickly if you want to for work, family etc. A house/ apt is a noose that strangles young people and makes solicitors, estate agents and property funds rich.

That's the whole point, isn't it, after that time you have somewhere to live!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #256 on: Today at 07:11:19 PM »
Looks like Shinners to take Pringle's seat i nDún na nGall de réir pobal breith déanta ag TG4.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Today at 07:13:09 PM »
Looks like Shinners to take Pringle's seat i nDún na nGall de réir pobal breith déanta ag TG4.

I note to that Peter Casey gets feck all, which has to be good thing on balance.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Today at 07:48:34 PM »
Is there a massive demand for housing outside of Dublin (and its commuter towns)?

Surely the questions should be along the lines of:

1. Is the population of Ireland rising so quickly that there is a shortage of space?
   1.(a) If not, is it that external investors are pricing the indigenous people out of houses?
      1.(a)(i) If so, then introduce laws that make foreign holding of rental property in Ireland prohibitively expensive for the prospective landlord.
      1.(a)(ii) If not, then goto Q2
   1.(b) If yes, housing density within the cities needs to increase.

2. Is the demand rising uniformly across the country or is it concentrated in certain areas (i.e. Dublin)?
   2.(a)If uniform, then the number of new builds need to increase
   2.(b)If concentrated, then what can be done to more evenly spread demand around the country? Tax incentives? Better infrastructure? Education campuses?

Its not the "price of rent" or "price of housing" you need to tackle with some bullsh|t simpleton law that limits the price of X or Y - its the reasons behind the change.
i usse an speelchekor