la liga thread

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 28, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Anyone notice one of the breaks last night i think it was James with the ball running through the centre and all the defenders had been sucked in with Bale in acres of space on his wing,James took a glance and then just ignored him  :o Seemed very odd if he did see him.

Esmarelda

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2015, 12:01:24 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on May 10, 2015, 11:45:15 AM
Madrid only picked up 1 pt from the 2 home games with Valencia and Atletico. 1 win from 6 within the top 4. That's what will cost them the title.
Good to see Valencia back in top 4.
Should Sevilla win the Europa will Spain be allowed to have 5 in the champs league or will 4th place lose out?

I think I read 4th would lose out. If Sevilla were to finish fourth AND win the Europa, don't think CL place would go to 5th placed team either.
I think Spain get five places if Sevilla win the EL, although where each team needs to qualify from I'm not sure. Fairly certain that nobody loses out.

David McKeown

I thought the Europa League winner got a place in Champions league if they don't otherwise qualify. It's not a place for the country nor does it take the place of one of the countries other qualifiers (unless the champions league winner is also from that country and also fails to qualify from the league).

Where they enter is interesting though. They go into the qualifiers unless the Champions League Winners also qualify directly to the group via their national association.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

Messi's brilliance had reached new levels of absurdity this season. Goal tonight in copa final was absolutely beautiful.

From the Bunker

Xavi and his trophy collection.........

Rossie11

From the Bunker

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 06, 2015, 02:44:49 PM
Xavi and his trophy collection.........

You can add this from last night

as well as........

and......

SHEEDY

barcelona have signed atletico madrid midfielder arda turan for 29million but because of barcas transfer ban he cant play for them until january. he will be badly missed by atletico, real leader for them.
nil satis nisi optimum

gallsman

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 06, 2015, 08:49:18 PM
barcelona have signed atletico madrid midfielder arda turan for 29million but because of barcas transfer ban he cant play for them until january. he will be badly missed by atletico, real leader for them.

And there's also a clause that he can be shipped back to them in a few weeks after the election if new president isn't keen. Mad!

ardal

Perhaps the best complete team performance I've ever seen. Not sure which Real player would be the 12th best player. Perhaps Marcelo; so why take him off?

mouview

Exceptional, absolutely, but not even in the same galaxy as the night they beat an at-least comparable Real side (under Mourinho) 5-0 at home 5 years ago; IMO football reached it's zenith on earth that night, orchestrated by a man maybe not of this planet. However, is Barce's current MNS front 3 the best ever fielded? Was there ever better?

Real looked unfit, CR7 uninterested, Bale once again the invisible man. Expect Rafa to be getting the P45 soon and another major overhaul at season's end at the Bernabeu.

gallsman

In terms of utter dominance and bamboozling opponents, the manita from five years ago was probably a better all round performance and I think pep is a considerably better coach than Luis Enrique but the potential of a team with MSN is obscene. Suarez is as likely to be a donkey and fall over as he is to score a hat trick. Prior to last year, I wasn't sure Neymar could fit in and was a bit too much of a show pony but he's really stepped it up, especially since Messi got injured. Messi is just Messi.

Dunno what Perez thought he'd get when appointing Rafa but he's starting to see. They were absolutely awful.

Rossie11

I wouldn't be too harsh on Rafa. They have had a fully fit 11 twice this season and won both with ease. Despite having the most shots so far this season Madrid have been criticised for been too defensive. Because of that he had to start the "galactico" 11 even though they were not all fit.
That was a Perez team last night and the fans anger was directed to him more than Rafa.
Regardless, there is always a knee jerk reaction after a Classico mauling so you would expect it will be Rafa to be out the door shortly.
Come next summer I would expect to see a entire new front 3 for Madrid. Ronaldo is having his worst season in years. Bale isn't the man to pick up the slack and Benz has too much off the field distractions to keep him.
As regards Barca it will be a sad day when iniesta hangs up the boots. Absolute class

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gallsman on November 22, 2015, 08:56:12 AM
Dunno what Perez thought he'd get when appointing Rafa but he's starting to see. They were absolutely awful.
Was Perez thinking at all when appointing Rafa? His recent CV should have meant he wasn't the right manager to ever improve Real Madrid in the league.

ardal

Iniesta, Sergio Roberto;'i think, replacement in waiting. He was played as a replacement for Messi but is being weaned in a holding and place role also, in my humble opinion