Mayo V Dublin - Castlebar - 11/02/12

Started by m@yoman, February 09, 2012, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I wonder will season tickets be scanned for this one?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

ffs  farrandeelin a fiver wont kill ye :)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

westmayo

western exile

Moysider, I usually agree with most of your posts, so I am surprised that you thought Mayo midfield were good last Sunday?
What I saw was SO'S working hard on his own because his partner Barry Moran was following Alan O'Connor around like a lost puppy. I fully expected him to be replaced at half time but no... he was allowed to stay on the full game without contributing anything worthwhile.
If management wanted to keep him on perhaps they should have used him as the extra man and put someone else on O'Connor to kerb his threat.

moysider

Quote from: western exile on March 28, 2012, 06:09:23 PM
Moysider, I usually agree with most of your posts, so I am surprised that you thought Mayo midfield were good last Sunday?What I saw was SO'S working hard on his own because his partner Barry Moran was following Alan O'Connor around like a lost puppy. I fully expected him to be replaced at half time but no... he was allowed to stay on the full game without contributing anything worthwhile.
If management wanted to keep him on perhaps they should have used him as the extra man and put someone else on O'Connor to kerb his threat.

It wasn t so much that I thought they were good as such but I don t think we could improve on what we had. Harte seems short of form, Aidan suspended and Jason Gibbons would not have improved matters imo and in the opinion of management too by the looks of it.
Moran looked far and away the best midfielder in the club championship six months ago. I would be patient with him and hopes he gets a clear run from injury and play himself into form. McGarrity is I believe is still on the radar so by summer we could have a lot more options around the middle of the field again. Aidan, McGar, Seamus, Kirby, Moran and  an in-form Harte would be ok.

Agent Orange

What happend to the new Mayo jersey for the Dublin game?

Sam2011

Dublin team:
1)Stephen Cluxton
2)Cian O'Sullivan
3)Rory O'Carroll
4)Philly McMahon
5)James McCarthy
6)Ger Brennan
7)Keven Nolan
8 )Micheal Darragh Macauley
9)Ross McConnell
10)Paul Brogan
11)Barry Cahill
12)Byran Cullen
13)Tomas Quinn
14)Diarmuid Connolly
15)Kevin McManaamon

spuds

Very strong Dublin team there, I make only 3 of starting 15 that would not be deemed starters come championship. McConnell, Mossy Quinn and Paul Brogan. Hope we get out of the blocks early for this one and have some plan to deal with Diarmuid Connolly who has torn us apart in the last game and a half between the sides.
Is it free in or what's the story ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mannix

good luck to the mayo lads. this is a good test of where you stand.

heffo

I'd worry about the scoring ability of the forwards if Connolly is kept quiet.

shantygael

Quote from: spuds on March 30, 2012, 10:28:50 AM
Very strong Dublin team there, I make only 3 of starting 15 that would not be deemed starters come championship. McConnell, Mossy Quinn and Paul Brogan. Hope we get out of the blocks early for this one and have some plan to deal with Diarmuid Connolly who has torn us apart in the last game and a half between the sides.
Is it free in or what's the story ?
its the gaa we are talking about here,bring your tenner
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Zulu

It is free but you can make a 5 euro donation to charity. Where the hell does this idea that the GAA fleece people come from??? Not only are they generally very competitive but all your money goes back into the GAA. They don't charge enough in most cases as far as I'm concerned.

Sam2011

1)David Clarke
2)Kevin Keane
3)Shane McHale
4)Keith Higgins
5)Lee Keegan
6)Donal Vaughan
7)Colm O'Boyle
8 )Danny Geraghty
9)Aidan O'Shea
10)Kevin McLoughlin
11)Andy Moran
12)Alan Dillon
13)Conor Mortimer
14)Barry Moran
15)Micheal Conroy

16)Robert Hennelly
17)Eoghan O'Reilly
18)Micheal Walshe
19)Peadar Gardiner
20)Jason Gibbons
21)Patrick Harte
22)Jason Doherty
23)Aidan Campbell
24)Alan Freeman
25)Cillan O'Connor
26)Evan Regan

moysider

Quote from: Sam2011 on March 30, 2012, 11:31:15 PM
1)David Clarke
2)Kevin Keane
3)Shane McHale
4)Keith Higgins
5)Lee Keegan
6)Donal Vaughan
7)Colm O'Boyle
8 )Danny Geraghty
9)Aidan O'Shea
10)Kevin McLoughlin
11)Andy Moran
12)Alan Dillon
13)Conor Mortimer
14)Barry Moran
15)Micheal Conroy

16)Robert Hennelly
17)Eoghan O'Reilly
18)Micheal Walshe
19)Peadar Gardiner
20)Jason Gibbons
21)Patrick Harte
22)Jason Doherty
23)Aidan Campbell
24)Alan Freeman
25)Cillan O'Connor
26)Evan Regan

That s what I m talking about. Ok no Feeneys and Seamus was never going to recover from a hamstring in time and Cafferkey must be injured/unavailable as well. I suspect Freeman is injured also.
But I like the way they are going with this selection.  If Keith Higgins can do well on Connolly and we can get a bit of ball around the middle and control the game a bit we could do ok. A performance is required and a win or even a draw would be a bonus and should be enough to keep Div 1 stautus again, important for us because in reality we will still be in development mode next league. We d be better learning our lessons at the top table.

Chimley

Only six from last years quarter win against Cork and semi against Kerry by my reckoning. Chances for a few to lay down a marker here.