Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswhacker

Well good for you !!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Buswhacker on June 09, 2012, 04:58:43 PM
Well good for you !!

for once bush I'm with you, that's a bit sick

as for the saffrons not the first time we where in freefall and wont be the last, we are always destined to hover just out or inside of the top ten. if theres one thing we can learn about loughgeil and apply it at county level its this. surround yourself with the right people from management to coach and gamplan etc, and if your a player shut up and put in the hard graft and listen. how said the constantly doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of madness
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Minder

I hear the U-21 final was a cracker, Ballycastle winning with a late point after being 5 down at half time.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Minder on June 09, 2012, 07:06:28 PM
I hear the U-21 final was a cracker, Ballycastle winning with a late point after being 5 down at half time.

Ballycastle 2-11  Cushendall 1 - 14

Town was 3 down at half time. Went 6 down during secnd half but got it back and 3 mins into injury time Clarke scored the winner.

V good game. The Dall will be disappointed they let it away. They played some great hurling but the Town stuck at it and as they say none of them desrved to lose really.

Town put Matty on Delargy that kept him fairly quite. Dall No 6 & No9 were v good and for the Town Clarke & McAfee showed too.

Terrific game.  Well done the Town. Hard luck to the Dall boys.

Minder

Black and Amber - I thought it was 2-13 to 1-15 and that McGarry scored the winner?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Minder on June 09, 2012, 09:22:54 PM
Black and Amber - I thought it was 2-13 to 1-15 and that McGarry scored the winner?

well i would'nt bet my life on th score and not on the scorer but I was pretty sure it was Clarke cos our No 14 missed two chances and then when who I thought was Clarke got open I was sure he;d score. Mebbe I got it wrong   :-\

County website has your scoreline all right ... scoreline I said is a draw!  :o

Saffrongael

Dall have very bad U-21 record
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Hoof Hearted

For Antrim Hurling, see Derry football. A zillion talented players, who if given the choice between a club championship medal or a Liam McCarthy/Sam McGuire - well, there's always going to be one winner !

Woud Liam Watson or DD Quinn swap the homecoming they had on 18th March this year with Tommy Moore, for an open top bus parade on 10th sept his year on the falls road with Liam McCarthy ? Never in a million years !

From an outsider thats a pity, but being a former Derry club footaller - understandable
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 09, 2012, 11:54:35 PM
For Antrim Hurling, see Derry football. A zillion talented players, who if given the choice between a club championship medal or a Liam McCarthy/Sam McGuire - well, there's always going to be one winner !

Woud Liam Watson or DD Quinn swap the homecoming they had on 18th March this year with Tommy Moore, for an open top bus parade on 10th sept his year on the falls road with Liam McCarthy ? Never in a million years !

From an outsider thats a pity, but being a former Derry club footaller - understandable
I think "a zillion" is an exaggeration and part of the problem. There just isn't enough strength in depth in the county to make any real inroads against the best. The top table hasn't been further away in 20 years.

Saffrongael

It is very simple, our players aren't good enoug to compete with the top teams, they are the best we have no doubt, but not good enough at the highest level. Maybe not good enough at our Div2 level either going by Westmeath result.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Hoof Hearted

you only need 20 in a given day Tony, Lougheil have nearly half of them a start ! the talent is there.

Obviously im an outsider who doesnt attend weekly matches, but am i totally wrong !!

Saffrongael

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 10, 2012, 12:08:19 AM
you only need 20 in a given day Tony, Lougheil have nearly half of them a start ! the talent is there.

Obviously im an outsider who doesnt attend weekly matches, but am i totally wrong !!

Massive difference in club and inter county hurling Hoof.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 10, 2012, 12:12:24 AM

yes i know, but if clubs put differnces aside, then there is a chance. Eamonn coleman done it for us 19 years ago in football, so why couldnt the right man do it for Antrim in the next few years ?

Are antrim, man for man, that far behind ?  I dont think so. Im not talking a Liam here, but regular 1/4 and semi's have to be genuine goal !

Saffrongael

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 10, 2012, 12:21:10 AM

yes i know, but if clubs put differnces aside, then there is a chance. Eamonn coleman done it for us 19 years ago in football, so why couldnt the right man do it for Antrim in the next few years ?

Are antrim, man for man, that far behind ?  I dont think so. Im not talking a Liam here, but regular 1/4 and semi's have to be genuine goal !

I have never heard of club differences holding us back, it's an easy excuse. We just don't produce a high enough standard of player and that is down to the clubs. you will get the odd shock result but the results don't lie over the last 20 years.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 10, 2012, 12:57:06 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 10, 2012, 12:21:10 AM

I have never heard of club differences holding us back, it's an easy excuse. We just don't produce a high enough standard of player and that is down to the clubs. you will get the odd shock result but the results don't lie over the last 20 years.
+1