Kerry Reg Car Spotted in Monaghan

Started by REDCOL, September 03, 2010, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

I wouldn't have him anywhere near Monaghan. For a start, we'd definitely be heading for Division 2.

I thought one of the arguments for replacing Banty was the cost of his setup?

I really hope nothing comes of this.

Apple Crumble

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 05, 2010, 05:29:42 PM
QuoteTime for Micko to go to the museum................this is a joke......

Lets see you giving any level of commitment to the GAA when you are 70+ never mind what Micko has been doing for 50 odd years.

A great man sure, but don't you think its time to move on. 

Hang up the boots.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2010, 10:19:33 AM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 05, 2010, 05:29:42 PM
QuoteTime for Micko to go to the museum................this is a joke......

Lets see you giving any level of commitment to the GAA when you are 70+ never mind what Micko has been doing for 50 odd years.

I will do it to Im 80 for the same readdies he has coined over the years.
This man sickens my happiness a total mercenary.

Actually, scratch that I will still be making a contribution when I am older (maybe not 80) for my club because thats what people do and not look a cent in return.

Mick O'Dwyer has had his finances investigated by the tax man and nothing untoward was found. This was a direct result of arseholes like you and pintsofguinness making unfounded accusations. I am sick to the gills with how the mods on here allow Mick O'Dwyer be slandered like this constantly.

So, at this point, Mick O'Dwyer is the last manager that can be accused of these payments as he is the only one that has been in investigated.
I think its time that lads like Harte, Kernan and McGeeney had their finances looked at ..dont you think ? I mean, if you lads keep bringing this up then this is the next, logical step.

Main Street

Not that I give the slightest consideration to any begrudging reference to Micko,
He was proven fully tax compliant, whilst that is admirable, it is not an indication that he was not paid for GAA work.
Micko's word is good enough for me.
The tax inspector is concerned that payments in and out of Micko's business bank accounts are recorded in the ledger, are legitimate and accounted according to the tax regulations. The tax inspector is not concerned whether GAA amateur status was violated.

MCMLX

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 06, 2010, 07:05:46 PM
Quote from: MCMLX on September 06, 2010, 02:17:47 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 06, 2010, 01:45:54 PM
Put as much into the game or who has had more sucess?

The GAA is full of people who have put their whole lives in to it and without the rewards (financial or otherwise) that Micko has got.

He has put more in than you or I. Typical Irish begrudgery. He is getting a few quid out of it, its not the end of the world and anyone employing him knows what they are getting. The fact that a 73 year old is still in big demand tells you all you need to know.
He got a lot more out of it than you or me too.

You get what you give.

lawnseed

mike you just slandered harte kernan and mcgeeney your right its time the mods had something to say ::) wonder if micko will stop in the fiddlers for the pretters
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MCMLX on September 07, 2010, 12:19:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 06, 2010, 07:05:46 PM
Quote from: MCMLX on September 06, 2010, 02:17:47 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 06, 2010, 01:45:54 PM
Put as much into the game or who has had more sucess?

The GAA is full of people who have put their whole lives in to it and without the rewards (financial or otherwise) that Micko has got.

He has put more in than you or I. Typical Irish begrudgery. He is getting a few quid out of it, its not the end of the world and anyone employing him knows what they are getting. The fact that a 73 year old is still in big demand tells you all you need to know.
He got a lot more out of it than you or me too.

You get what you give.
No, not really....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

JMohan

Who are in for this job - or is this the one no one wants?

Main Street

GAA_Punter

Maiden1

The man is a legend.  He played for Kerry for nearly 20 years.  Every team he has managed has improved significantly.  He managed Waterville to 3 county finals in a row.  He got to 11 AI finals with Kerry winning 8, took Kildare to a semi final and a final as well as coming out on the wrong side in some some epic battles with Meath.  Laois won a provincial title for the first time since 1946 when he managed them.  In the 2009 championship he beat both Kildare and Down while managing Wicklow.  A lot of counties could do worse than get Micko as manager.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Maiden1 on September 10, 2010, 12:20:48 PM
He got to 11 AI finals with Kerry winning 8, took Kildare to a semi final and a final as well as coming out on the wrong side in some some epic battles with Meath.

He came out the right side too!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rCMqfFvokc

In the 2009 championship he beat both Kildare and Down while managing Wicklow.

Wicklow beat Kildare in 2008. Kildare knocked them out in the last round of the qualifiers last year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Maiden1

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 10, 2010, 12:27:33 PM
He got to 11 AI finals with Kerry winning 8, took Kildare to a semi final and a final as well as coming out on the wrong side in some some epic battles with Meath.

He came out the right side too!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rCMqfFvokc

In the 2009 championship he beat both Kildare and Down while managing Wicklow.

Wicklow beat Kildare in 2008. Kildare knocked them out in the last round of the qualifiers last year.
Nearly, I should have googled first!
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Main Street

Derry need a miracle worker,  a mere saint will do for Meath,  Mayo are looking for the patron saint of lost causes.
Monaghan just need one man with all these three qualities in balanced proportions.
Micko would be overkill.

JMohan

'Legend'? One kick? I think you need more than that.

Who else is in for the job?