Kerry Reg Car Spotted in Monaghan

Started by REDCOL, September 03, 2010, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldhacker

Mick O'Dywer was the guest speaker at the Ulster All Stars do last night and said he would not have anything to do with the Monaghan job as he felt Seamus McEnaney had been very badly treated.

Schkite

Quote from: JMohan on September 10, 2010, 05:36:54 PM
'Legend'? One kick? I think you need more than that.

Who else is in for the job?

Main contenders from within the county appear to be Eamon McEneaney and Mick O'Dowd, there's any amount of outside managers being linked with it, from Pete McGrath to Joe Kernan! No word on who all is nominated for sure but it should be sorted soon enough.

Main Street

How dare you impugn what Monaghan folk regard as legend.

BTW,  don't let the old camerawork deceive you, that's the Monaghan 21 yard line he is behind.

Maguire01

I'd say McEneaney managed more than one kick during his career.

JMohan

He was a very good free taker. Certainly not a legend in any reasonable observers books. Made sure to avoid the 'hard knocks' too if my memory serves me right ... a bit unusual on that Monaghan 80's team too from what I can remember from 30 or 25 years ago.

Ok ... More importantly ... is he any good as a manager?
Where is he now Burren? Did he do anything there?

Wasn't that successful with Louth or Monaghan before as a Senior Intercounty manager.

However, would I be wrong in saying some of that current county team played under him in a U21 team that made it to a AI semi final?

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on September 10, 2010, 09:08:38 PM
He was a very good free taker. Certainly not a legend in any reasonable observers books.
I suppose it's all objective.

Main Street

He was a very good free taker. Certainly not a legend in any reasonable observers books. Made sure to avoid the 'hard knocks' too if my memory serves me right ... a bit unusual on that Monaghan 80's team too from what I can remember from 30 or 25 years ago
You are not from Monaghan are you? The free kick is Monaghan legend and he is an inseparable part of that legend. Get it?
That's the closest we have come in the memory of 3 generations to get to the AI final.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on September 11, 2010, 09:29:46 AM
He was a very good free taker. Certainly not a legend in any reasonable observers books. Made sure to avoid the 'hard knocks' too if my memory serves me right ... a bit unusual on that Monaghan 80's team too from what I can remember from 30 or 25 years ago
You are not from Monaghan are you? The free kick is Monaghan legend and he is an inseparable part of that legend. Get it?
That's the closest we have come in the memory of 3 generations to get to the AI final.
As far as I can remember, he won't actually say where he's from.

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 10, 2010, 10:00:03 PM
He was a very good free taker. Certainly not a legend in any reasonable observers books.
I suppose it's all objective.

That's fair 'nough

Anyway back to the point at hand - Would he be any good as a manager?