Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

No, honestly I don't.

I just don't think United supporters should blather on about Glazers taking profits from the club, when those owners simultaneously permit/enable that club to spend money so freely.

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2022, 11:17:17 AM
It's the perfect sting. Business family purchase Football Club.
Business Family put the debt of purchase on the Club.
Fans loyalty to United means it's against their nature to pull against the club.
A loved Club legend like OGS put at the helm sustained the mirage.
Fans loyalty to OGS meant it was against their nature to pull against him.

This is bigger than Ole but in hindsight he did an amazing job for a sustained period with substandard players.

United have the money and when you're a little off the top and desperate to get back there you can end up attracting the wrong type. It's at epidemic proportions now at United.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 18, 2022, 11:54:04 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2022, 11:17:17 AM
It's the perfect sting. Business family purchase Football Club.
Business Family put the debt of purchase on the Club.
Fans loyalty to United means it's against their nature to pull against the club.
A loved Club legend like OGS put at the helm sustained the mirage.
Fans loyalty to OGS meant it was against their nature to pull against him.

This is bigger than Ole but in hindsight he did an amazing job for a sustained period with substandard players.

United have the money and when you're a little off the top and desperate to get back there you can end up attracting the wrong type. It's at epidemic proportions now at United.

Jose did a better job.....

lights dynamite and runs......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

I knew I should have stayed away.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

De Jong all summer and now with 2 weeks to go they pivot to Casimero for stupid money . . . what a clown show!!!

keep her low this half

Quote from: screenexile on August 18, 2022, 03:00:11 PM
De Jong all summer and now with 2 weeks to go they pivot to Casimero for stupid money . . . what a clown show!!!
An absolute shambles, I thought when Woodward left it would improve, sadly not.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gaafan2 on August 18, 2022, 10:07:50 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2022, 09:47:55 AM
I'll never really understand United fans' obsessive dismay at the Glazers taking money out of the club.

They've bankrolled a series of managers and have matched the salaries of any club in the world. This doesn't make them generous of course, but f**k me just how much money does a club need to spend before success should be inevitable? Would another £300m really have made a difference the past few years?

Who do you support? Would you like the glazers taking over your club in a similar way as what they've done at man united? They purchased the club using a £600million loan and burdened the club with that debt. Not a penny of their own was used. That debt still stands at £600 million 19 years on and £817 million has been paid out in interest payments, by the club not the glazers. The average dividend they take out of the club each year is £22 million. The money spent on transfers during this period is money generated by the club, not out of the glazers pocket. Add in the fact Old Trafford is crumbling and the training ground lags behind most premier league clubs, surely you can see why man united fans want them out.
Yes the Glazers due to their incompetence have squandered United's own resources (over a billion wasted on transfers and contracts) signing social media stars not footballers, saddled the club (not themselves) with debt, just to own it.

Only have to look at the way the Glazers ran their shopping malls in America to know they aren't even good business men. Many United fans opposed the takeover before it even happened in 2005, some even created a breakaway club. There have been protests for over 17 years, including during times of success. Current position United find themselves in (spiraling downwards)  starts with decisions at the top. Glazers focussed on signing marketable assets rather than building a winning team. Poor squad mentality comes from club's heavy focus on commerciality.

If United had competent people to manage the football side of the club (no surprise Woodward has been replaced with someone like him) they would at the very least be competing at the top level.  On Jim Ratcliffe he created his wealth rather than inheriting it. So he knows the importance of having the right people in charge. If he comes in I'd say with good probability that he will clean house but i have my doubts that the Glazers will sell up anytime soon.

trailer

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 18, 2022, 04:34:09 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on August 18, 2022, 10:07:50 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2022, 09:47:55 AM
I'll never really understand United fans' obsessive dismay at the Glazers taking money out of the club.

They've bankrolled a series of managers and have matched the salaries of any club in the world. This doesn't make them generous of course, but f**k me just how much money does a club need to spend before success should be inevitable? Would another £300m really have made a difference the past few years?

Who do you support? Would you like the glazers taking over your club in a similar way as what they've done at man united? They purchased the club using a £600million loan and burdened the club with that debt. Not a penny of their own was used. That debt still stands at £600 million 19 years on and £817 million has been paid out in interest payments, by the club not the glazers. The average dividend they take out of the club each year is £22 million. The money spent on transfers during this period is money generated by the club, not out of the glazers pocket. Add in the fact Old Trafford is crumbling and the training ground lags behind most premier league clubs, surely you can see why man united fans want them out.
Yes the Glazers due to their incompetence have squandered United's own resources (over a billion wasted on transfers and contracts) signing social media stars not footballers, saddled the club (not themselves) with debt, just to own it.

Only have to look at the way the Glazers ran their shopping malls in America to know they aren't even good business men. Many United fans opposed the takeover before it even happened in 2005, some even created a breakaway club. There have been protests for over 17 years, including during times of success. Current position United find themselves in (spiraling downwards)  starts with decisions at the top. Glazers focussed on signing marketable assets rather than building a winning team. Poor squad mentality comes from club's heavy focus on commerciality.

If United had competent people to manage the football side of the club (no surprise Woodward has been replaced with someone like him) they would at the very least be competing at the top level.  On Jim Ratcliffe he created his wealth rather than inheriting it. So he knows the importance of having the right people in charge. If he comes in I'd say with good probability that he will clean house but i have my doubts that the Glazers will sell up anytime soon.

They've ridden storms before and they see this as the same. Kronke Out was Arsenal fan's cry this time last year. These owners are used to being unpopular. Especially Americans.

This Casimero deal is stupid money. No plan. Just parachute a player in on crazy wages. That'll fix things. We're like one of those Chinese clubs a few years ago. A shambles. Contrast this with how Spurs, Arsenal, City and Liverpool have done their business.

RedHand88

Ryan Giggs a dab hand at the old poetry.

trailer

Cassimero deal done. Hopefully they immediately cancel Fred and McTominay's contracts.

Helix.

Tough game tonight against Liverpool. Talk today of Maguire being dropped for tonight. Would be great to get a win (more likely to win the toss).
Predicting a 3-0 loss.