Murphy quits Swans

Started by Jinxy, August 26, 2009, 01:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: stephenite on August 29, 2009, 12:12:14 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2009, 10:38:23 AM
Quote from: stephenite on August 28, 2009, 12:33:12 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2009, 12:21:02 AM
youd imagine so- unfortunately some aussies see going home as a sign of weakness. i kid you not.

Hands down the stupidest thing ever posted on the internet.

Not really-some of the Aussie clubs don't like the Irish lads going home except at the end of the season and thats a fact.

That's not a fact - they are contracted professionals, but do you think the likes of Kennelly were ever denied a trip home when it was required? Do you think a club would invest that amount of money and not be pro-active in looking after their players.

If it is a fact you have obviously have hard evidence - I look forward to seeing and will be happy tobe proven wrong.

Bump for Indiana

INDIANA

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2009, 11:59:44 PM
just ask Kyle Coney.

Ask him what - what would he know when he never even completed a full season?

He walked out on them for reasons other than them not appreciating he was Irish.

You stated it was fact - now either you're unwilling to divulge your sources, or you're arrogant enough to believe your own opinion can pass as fact, or you're full of shit.

INDIANA

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531237&page=2

I lived in Sydney for 5 years so I know a lot more about the AFL then you think I do. Thats just a sample of  some of the clowns that follow the Swans. By and large I found Australians all right but I have to say the biggest knobs were definitely from Sydney.

Love to see one of the aussies come to ireland to play Gaa for a year. I doubt we'd be asking anyone to choke on a potato if they decided they didn't like it very much. or that they are soft. Not surprsied Murphy decided to come home. There's another on his way home as well (not Clarke) but I'm not at liberty to say who it is. But it will be announced soon enough.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2009, 01:08:48 AM
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531237&page=2

I lived in Sydney for 5 years so I know a lot more about the AFL then you think I do. Thats just a sample of  some of the clowns that follow the Swans. By and large I found Australians all right but I have to say the biggest knobs were definitely from Sydney.

Love to see one of the aussies come to ireland to play Gaa for a year. I doubt we'd be asking anyone to choke on a potato if they decided they didn't like it very much. or that they are soft. Not surprsied Murphy decided to come home. There's another on his way home as well (not Clarke) but I'm not at liberty to say who it is. But it will be announced soon enough.

You stated that people in AFL clubs don't like the Irish lads going home mid season, you've even gone as far as to call it a fact.

When you've been pulled up on it you use the AFL equivalent of the hoganstand (ie) a bunch of school boys with a laptop to try to back up your case, these are not people with any hand in the running of AFL Clubs, it'd be like letting Armagh4Samagain run the GAA.

That you've lived in Sydney does not matter a damn, knowledge of AFL ditto.

Stop making things up and calling them facts - you've neither the wit or the intellect to back it up.

BTW - from what I've heard, it's Dyas..... but that's not a fact

INDIANA

I'm not that long home from there. I followed the Swans home and away for 4 yeasr solid. I've been to most of the grounds. Most of my friends over there are Swans fans, they were livid with Coney- couldn't accept he was an 18 year old kid who was homesick.(and these were the respectable element of the support). They even questioned Kennelly's motives for going home. Some of them even tried to claim he'd broken his word and contract by going home. There are some serious d**kheads who follow AFL.

i've sat with opposition fans, listened to their jibes about Irish players bailing out on them. What more proof do you want. Did you expect me to take a dictophone for your benefit? You must know at this stage that a lot of the Aussies view the Irish experiment as a joke, ie a waste of rookie spaces. Taking up the places of Aussie kids. A waste of resources for the one in amillion they might find.

I'd stay quiet on the Dyas thing. you'll only bring the wrath of Armagh on top of you. I suggested it a few weeks back.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2009, 01:37:48 AM
I'm not that long home from there. I followed the Swans home and away for 4 yeasr solid. I've been to most of the grounds. Most of my friends over there are Swans fans, they were livid with Coney- couldn't accept he was an 18 year old kid who was homesick.(and these were the respectable element of the support). They even questioned Kennelly's motives for going home. Some of them even tried to claim he'd broken his word and contract by going home. There are some serious d**kheads who follow AFL.

i've sat with opposition fans, listened to their jibes about Irish players bailing out on them. What more proof do you want. Did you expect me to take a dictophone for your benefit? You must know at this stage that a lot of the Aussies view the Irish experiment as a joke, ie a waste of rookie spaces. Taking up the places of Aussie kids. A waste of resources for the one in amillion they might find.

I'd stay quiet on the Dyas thing. you'll only bring the wrath of Armagh on top of you. I suggested it a few weeks back.

You said people in the clubs - what the fans say on the subject is not what's up for discussion here.

I've gone to a fair few of the Swans reserve games and all the real fans there are gutted to see Murphy leaving.

The clubs go out of their way to make these lads feel at home, you've disputed this, tried to call your opinon fact and when challenged start screeching about the fans, the fans!!!
Who gives a f**k what most of those brainless twats think - THAT"S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

That you provide links to bigfooty only increases the suspicion that you've not got a notion of what you're waffling on about.

HeaveHo

Clarke's return for his sister's wedding was approved by the club - see Clarke's own blog on the Collingwood website.

AFL is a professional business - if Irish players want to return home for whatever reason that is just part of the process - no one running an AFL club bears any ill will towards a lad who chooses to return home - it is a business risk/cost. Most GAA players are international rookie listed and don't take up any spots on the main list of 35 until they have proved that they are up to the mark. For example Dyas, Murphy A O'Halpin, Quinn are or were rookie listed. Clarke, Begley and Setanta are all on the main lists.

Murphy did have injury problems at Sydney but was also surpassed by Martin Pyke, former a Canadian rugby international, who is an impressive physical specimen and who played a couple of games this year. It was unlikely Murphy would have played in front of Pyke so that might have contributed to his decision to go home.

Declan

Was talking to someone at the weekend and he said that Setanta has signed up for another two years?

INDIANA

Quote from: stephenite on August 31, 2009, 01:50:35 AM

You said people in the clubs - what the fans say on the subject is not what's up for discussion here.

I've gone to a fair few of the Swans reserve games and all the real fans there are gutted to see Murphy leaving.

The clubs go out of their way to make these lads feel at home, you've disputed this, tried to call your opinon fact and when challenged start screeching about the fans, the fans!!!
Who gives a f**k what most of those brainless t**ts think - THAT"S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

That you provide links to bigfooty only increases the suspicion that you've not got a notion of what you're waffling on about.

Listen mate you're entitled to your delusions but I have first hand experience of living over there. Nothing you say will change that So deal with it. And stop being such a baby. If you want to setup your own message board- go ahead by all means. Or better still organise Columbo to do your investigating. With 5 years living experience over there I don't have to justify my first hand experiences to anyone. Do you expect me to put the air tickets up online or something?

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2009, 09:10:00 AM
Quote from: stephenite on August 31, 2009, 01:50:35 AM

Who gives a f**k what most of those brainless t**ts think - THAT"S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

Listen mate you're entitled to your delusions but I have first hand experience of living over there. Nothing you say will change that So deal with it. And stop being such a baby. If you want to setup your own message board- go ahead by all means. Or better still organise Columbo to do your investigating. With 5 years living experience over there I don't have to justify my first hand experiences to anyone. Do you expect me to put the air tickets up online or something?

Nearly everyone in Ireland has lived in Sydney at some stage - nobody's trying to say you didn't. I've even pointed out above that this is not the issue. Do you think I give a flying fcuk where you've lived?

You've said something is a fact - it's patently a lie.

:D Pathetic response, but rather humorous all the same. My delusions?
;D :D ;D

INDIANA

I object to being called a liar when you haven't a shred of evidence to disprove anything I've said. You really do have a high opinion of yourself. I've good time for nearly all the Mayo people. You sir, though are an asshole.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2009, 09:19:34 AM
I object to being called a liar when you haven't a shred of evidence to disprove anything I've said. You really do have a high opinion of yourself. I've good time for nearly all the Mayo people. You sir, though are an asshole.

You're an idiot - despite repeated requests to prove your "fact" you've done anything but respond to that request, you've posted rubbish links to try and back yourself up, and blustered bluffed the whole way.

If you're going to post something as fact, be prepared to back it up.

If you're not prepared to back it up, be prepated to be called a liar.

INDIANA

Like I said you have no evidence to disprove anything I've said. I did put up evidence. You expect me to fly over to Australia or something? You sir have no argument. I'll have to get wise not to respond to a WUM like yourself.
If you've got evidence to suggest the decision of Coney was warmly greeted by Swans fans, put it up, or shut up at this stage.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2009, 09:31:14 AM
Like I said you have no evidence to disprove anything I've said. I did put up evidence. You expect me to fly over to Australia or something? You sir have no argument. I'll have to get wise not to respond to a WUM like yourself.
If you've got evidence to suggest the decision of Coney was warmly greeted by Swans fans, put it up, or shut up at this stage.

Why do you keep on bringing the fans into it - can you not read? Why would I want you to fly to Australia?

You're the one who bought the clubs into it - you stated

some of the Aussie clubs don't like the Irish lads going home except at the end of the season and thats a fact.

Now I've highlighted the word you used above. I've also stated that what fans think is not of interest in this discussion.

If it is a fact - I'd assume there'd be some sort of evidence to back it up, a coach or someone associated with the club voicing their displeasure.

Do you understand it now - clubs thmeselves, not the fans.

Liar