Murphy quits Swans

Started by Jinxy, August 26, 2009, 01:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I was taking to a Swans season ticket holder and he tells me that Clarke's trip home for the sister's wedding lost him his place and it's more an act of discipline from the manager than a loss of form.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2009, 11:30:58 PM
I was taking to a Swans season ticket holder and he tells me that Clarke's trip home for the sister's wedding lost him his place and it's more an act of discipline from the manager than a loss of form.

Hmmm if a) Pearse Hanley happens to have a lot if sisters and b) we could marry them off on strategic weekends next year then c) wayhey!
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

farce if true

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2009, 11:36:06 PM

farce if true

Sounds like bollocks - he would've been well cleared to go home for the wedding.

INDIANA

youd imagine so- unfortunately some aussies see going home as a sign of weakness. i kid you not.

ONeill

Yep, I'd imagine he received clearance OK. This fella was intimating that it wasn't the sort of request that would do him any favours though.

He still could play a part yet this season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2009, 12:21:02 AM
youd imagine so- unfortunately some aussies see going home as a sign of weakness. i kid you not.

Hands down the stupidest thing ever posted on the internet.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: stephenite on August 28, 2009, 12:33:12 AM

not sure if you're saying what INDIANA posted is the stupidest thing ever Stephenite?
But i was reading the Big Footy Forum,and while its not about Clarke
and on the Swans forum,some were calling Murphy a Mammys boy,and all sorts of other crap,so it wouldnt suprise me if some idiots did take a shot at Clarke!
On that website alot of them give no credence as to the difficulties, an irish player faces when going over to try and play AFL footy.
To be fair its probably not representative of Aussies as a hole,but only on the few inbred b**astards on that Big Footy Forum

stephenite

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 28, 2009, 04:48:56 AM

not sure if you're saying what INDIANA posted is the stupidest thing ever Stephenite?
But i was reading the Big Footy Forum,and while its not about Clarke
and on the Swans forum,some were calling Murphy a Mammys boy,and all sorts of other crap,so it wouldnt suprise me if some idiots did take a shot at Clarke!
On that website alot of them give no credence as to the difficulties, an irish player faces when going over to try and play AFL footy.
To be fair its probably not representative of Aussies as a hole,but only on the few inbred b**astards on that Big Footy Forum

Ah I was only winding - Bigfooty is the hoganstand.com equivalent of the AFL, full of idiots. There'll always be a few who'll log on to have a dig, mainly because they're not happy with Irish players taking places on rookie lists from locals. We have people on this forum that will take any opportunity to knock the Dubs/Tyrone/Armagh/Kerry so it's not like we don't know about it ourselves. I do it Roscommon people!

Irish players that do come out are treated exceptionally well by the clubs they've signed for, there is a realisation that it's tough for a young lad to live so far away, when Murphy first came out Kennelly was told he was getting a new flat mate!

Point is, anyone involved with Collingwood would appreciate that Clarke needs some home time, none more so than Mick Malthouse and any suggestions that it's looked at in a negative manner by the club is balls in my opinion.

It's just mudslinging by the Tony Fearon's of the Australian AFL online community.

DUBSFORSAM1

Clarke basically lost his place to Beams who has come in and done a great job and they have only lost one out of 12 games so no chance to get back in.

INDIANA

Not really-some of the Aussie clubs don't like the Irish lads going home except at the end of the season and thats a fact.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on August 28, 2009, 10:38:23 AM

Not really-some of the Aussie clubs don't like the Irish lads going home except at the end of the season and thats a fact.

That's not a fact - they are contracted professionals, but do you think the likes of Kennelly were ever denied a trip home when it was required? Do you think a club would invest that amount of money and not be pro-active in looking after their players.

If it is a fact you have obviously have hard evidence - I look forward to seeing and will be happy tobe proven wrong.

Jinxy

They overloaded his body and he paid the price.
He's better off home.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jimmy14

Rossfan

Quote from: stephenite on August 28, 2009, 05:24:48 AM
We have people on this forum that will take any opportunity to knock ............... I do it Roscommon people!

[/quote]

Like Pearse Hanley  ;) ;D :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM