Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

At least an Ulster hurling final will give us a chance to redeem ourselves!  :P NOT!

optimus cheese

Absolutely horrific in that second half. Simply, we were bullied and beaten by a team that had desire, fight and were playing with a Championship intensity. Maybe they though they had it won at half-time, I don't know. But that really was garbage and an embarrasing display

Fairhead

Yip never came out for the 2nd half. Actually started the game quite well, went 3 points up and Shane McNaughton and Liam Watson looked like they were going to have a field day. Then an incident happened that i thought showed the difference in attitude between the 2 teams. As play was stopped before a close in Wmth free, at the other end 4 Wmth backs surrounded Watson and there was some digging going on. But yet there was more Wmth players arrived on the scene before another Antrim player did. I thought it was interesting and didnt suggest a fight for all attitude in the Antrim team.

As for the 2nd half the Wmth half back and full back lines simply won their individual battles against their direct opponents and the supply to McNaughton and Watson stopped. And even as Wmth kept reducing the lead i dont think it dawned on our team that they were in trouble. By the time Wmth took the lead all the momentum was with them and Antrim had no response. The hungrier team won the day.

Conor Carson in the first half lookd like he was a more than capable replacement for Cormac Donnelly but late in the 2nd half he made a couple of mistakes which led to points which i dont think Cormac would have made. No drive from midfield and half forward line poor especially in the 2nd half when they won very little ball. A very bad day at the office but fair paly to Westmeath they could have given it up at half time when 5 down and a man down but their hunger and tackling seen them over the line.

optimus cheese

Yes, agree with all of that. And to add to today's disaster, Hippy was sent off for coming onto the field and getting involved in that incident so it looks like he will be suspended now. Half forwards were anonymous in the second half, Micko had a shocker and Barry McFaul wasn't up to much. They should have been replaced much earlier. You knew with 15 minutes to go it was only going to end one way. I'm not really sure where we go from here.

Farrandeelin

Where was this game on today? In Westmeath?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

optimus cheese

Mullingar this afternoon

Farrandeelin

Quote from: optimus cheese on May 20, 2012, 01:05:14 AM
Mullingar this afternoon

So do all Antrim's Leinster hurling c'ship games have to be played in Leinster, or can they get any up to Casement?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Seamroga in exile

Is this really so shocking? not to me. I did predict this. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Fairhead on May 19, 2012, 11:58:57 PM
Yip never came out for the 2nd half. Actually started the game quite well, went 3 points up and Shane McNaughton and Liam Watson looked like they were going to have a field day. Then an incident happened that i thought showed the difference in attitude between the 2 teams. As play was stopped before a close in Wmth free, at the other end 4 Wmth backs surrounded Watson and there was some digging going on. But yet there was more Wmth players arrived on the scene before another Antrim player did. I thought it was interesting and didnt suggest a fight for all attitude in the Antrim team.

As for the 2nd half the Wmth half back and full back lines simply won their individual battles against their direct opponents and the supply to McNaughton and Watson stopped. And even as Wmth kept reducing the lead i dont think it dawned on our team that they were in trouble. By the time Wmth took the lead all the momentum was with them and Antrim had no response. The hungrier team won the day.

Conor Carson in the first half lookd like he was a more than capable replacement for Cormac Donnelly but late in the 2nd half he made a couple of mistakes which led to points which i dont think Cormac would have made. No drive from midfield and half forward line poor especially in the 2nd half when they won very little ball. A very bad day at the office but fair paly to Westmeath they could have given it up at half time when 5 down and a man down but their hunger and tackling seen them over the line.
says alot so it does,   not because he is a club mate,  but when you pull on the jersey its all for one,  not the case today. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 02:09:41 AM
are you looking a 'well done' SIE,   i also said they would want to be carefull,  but not making me feel any better tonight.  jesus it was poor result against 14 men

btdtgtt

Ok lads let me first of all say that I was not at the game today so this is a bit of filling in on my behalf and I understand if those who were in Mullingar put my back in my box.

1) the commitment of the players involved, at the atmosphere in the camp has been as poor as today's result. You get out what you put in and all that. The reasons for this remain up for debate or perspective.

2) we have again selected people on the basis of how wel they get on with management and pay lip service - rather than ability. 

3) we are boys not men - physically and mentally. Physically we can be bullied and mentally we are only good when on top unable to dig deep.

That's My impression anyway - does anyone know how the rest if the season goes? Are we in the back door? Is there play offs?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 20, 2012, 02:16:13 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 02:09:41 AM
are you looking a 'well done' SIE,   i also said they would want to be carefull,  but not making me feel any better tonight.  jesus it was poor result against 14 men
absolutely not sg, just recognition of the fact that all is not well and that you were deluded the same as most people on here that we were going to win this match. We were never going to win it. and if you truly know what was going on you wouldn't be  surprised. Don't take your frustrations out on me.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 02:28:38 AM
We were never going to win it.

We were never going to win it ? Really? We were beat by a couple of points and to say we were never going to win it against westmeath is a nonsense.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2012, 02:56:17 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 02:28:38 AM
We were never going to win it.

We were never going to win it ? Really? We were beat by a couple of points and to say we were never going to win it against westmeath is a nonsense.
take a look back at my posts recently. It's no surprise to me.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 26, 2012, 11:36:19 PM
Do you think it will be easy?  I was thinking it could be a tough enough one,  there after improving alot as past few years.  Although I do here they have lost alot of players to the states
wasnt deluded one bit mate.  you on the sauce?? ;)